26

FOREVER AND ALWAYS

 

It all felt like it was a dream. The sunlight flooded her room and when Suzy opened her eyes, it momentarilly blinded her. She looked at her bedside clock, it was already nine in the morning. She checked her callendar, she still had over a weak of break from school. As she struggled to get over with the sudden surge of headache she suddenly had when she forced herself to standup from bed, she made coffee and toast. She the television and streamed through the channels. There was nothing in particular she'd like to watch. 
She brought her coffee and toast to the living room and opened the magazine she just bought. A little under an hour she was finished with it, she washed the dishes and cleaned around. By eleven she had nothing to do. 
She sat infront of her photo wall and everything that happened the other day came rushing back to her. She scanned the photo wall from top to bottom, looking for something in particular. She looked at it again. She stood up and scanned every inch of the photo wall. It was not there, what she's specifically been looking for is not there. In the hundreds of photos pinned and posted on the wall, Suzy's interested in just one and it's missing. 
She plopped herself on the floor and layed on her back. She closed her eyes and waited. 
_______________________________________________________________________________________
Suzy ran as fast as she could. She got off from school late because of cleaning duties. Her short  school skirt made it hard for her to run. She had to catch the next but going to the airport or else she wouldn't be able to say goodbye. 
After about an hour inside the bus, she got off and went to the place she and Minho agreed upon. He didn't go to school anymore since the start of this term. He's always busy and rarely met up with her. She too had been busy with her entrance examination preparations. 
He wasn't there. He promised he'll wait for her even at the cost of missing his flight. She looked around but he wasn't there anymore. 
On her way to the entrance of the airport she bumped into his parents and told her that he had already checked-in inside. 
It was that easy for him to leave. 
But still she believed that no matter how hard it was for her, it was hard for him to, so she must endure it untill they meet again.
She cried all night long for the next few days. She became so lonely  that it was hard to tell when and how can she get back up from her slump. 
Life goes on. Each and everyday, Suzy would look over the collection of polaroid she and Minho collected. 
Untill one day her father came home from work with a cork board as big as her room's wall. It was something her dad thought of thoroughly. She pinned all the pictures on the cork board and placed it on the other side of her room. 
The picutes were just about anything, but the one the she treasures the most is the first photograph Minho gave her.
This helped her alot to get back to her old self. 
One thing she can't give up on is that she's willing to wait no matter what happens. 
Years passed her by slowly, as she moved to the city, she brought her photowall with her still hoping for the day when a she'll be able to complete one whole wall of photographs of memories she and Minho shared. 
For the meanwhile, as she waits for him to comeback, the wall remains untouched.