18

FOREVER AND ALWAYS

Myungsoo was driving to the airport to meet up with his mother after being personally requested by her to pick her up. Myungsoo is supposed to meet up with her in 3 pm that day but he decided to go to the airport early to avoid the traffic. At first he absolutely didn't have plans to pick her up but his instinct dictated him to call home and ask if ever his mother had requested for a driver. And when he found out that she didn't he felt obliged to go and pick her up. 

Mid-way the express way his cellphone rang, it was Kevin calling. 

"Hey Myungsoo, I know how you can dodge your mom and her blind dates."

"How?"

"My girlfriend was watching too much dramas lately and she told me a way."

"How? I don't really have time left, I'm already on my way to the airport to pick her up."

"What? Well, find someone who'd agree to pretend to be your girlfriend. Then, introduce her to your mom and tell her that you are in a serious relationship. And if your mom buys it, then she should not have any qualms regarding you."

"That's a bit too complicated. Where can I find somoeone who'd agree to that set up."

"Well, I'm just suggesting. Besides, one would only resort to such methods if and only if he's too desperate. JUST GO TO YOU BLIND DATE. Problem solved Kim Myungsoo."

Myungsoo rejected the call. 

"What was that all about.", he said to himself. 

''But she wouldn't leave me alone, not until she gets what she wants.

"AISH", Myungsoo suddenly pressed the brakes hard and made a u-turn and drove back to his apartment. He hurried and sped up. He drove as fast as he can to reach his apartment as early as possible. He was in such a hurry that it was hard to determine what suddenly came to his mind to end up doing such. He was sure that he didn't forget anything back home but he found himself going back. But instead of opening his door, he found himself infront of Suzy's door. He pressed the doorbell twice. 

"Coming.", he heard her. 

"Oh, Myungsoo what's up?", she greeted him. She somehow looked like that she was in a good mood and was going somewhere. 

"Are you going out?", he asked her. 

"I'm going to have dinner with a friend. Why?"

"Remember when you told me that you'll do anything to get even with me when I took care of you when you were so drunk?"

"Why bring that up suddenly?", Suzy sounded mad. 

"Do you want to get even or I'll upload your video?"

"Fine how?", Suzy surrendered easily. She also thought of the opportunity to get even as early as possible. 

"Would you go out on a date with me?", Myungsoo blurted out. Ofcourse it is not exactly what he meant. He too was surprised, but because he himself knows that he isn't thinking straight that day, he accepted that he was wrong. 

"Huh?", Suzy was so surprised that she had taken two steps back inside her apartement and was left speechless.

"No. No No. It is not what you think it is. Let me explain first.", Myungsoo vehemently tried to correct his statement.

Suzy just stared at him with her eyes filled with disbelief and confusion. Myungsoo suddenly felt cold and so embarrassed that he just wanted to evaporate into thin air that moment. 

"You see, my mom is going to set me up in another blind date. I need your help to convince her to leave me alone by pretending that the two of us are going out."

"Let me think about it first."

"Suzy, come on, there is no time to think. My mom arrives at the airport at three o'clock. I have to pick her up and I want you to help me. You're the only one I could  consider asking help. I'll just introduce you to my mom and that's it."

"But I have to meet up with a friend at 5:30, I don't think I can make it."

"So where would you meet up with your friend, my plan is to take my mom for a meal with you so that we'd look more legit. We can go to that place with my mom so that you wouldn't have to switch places. It won't take long. You just have to seat there and eat. You go ahead and wait for us at that place."

"What if you mom would check on us?"

"Then I'll just tell her we broke up."

"Just this one time?", Suzy still skeptic whether to accept Myungsoo's proposal of getting even. 

"Yes."

"This is so complicated."

"Would you help me or not?", Myungsoo asked. After all the things Myungsoo did for Suzy, this was the least she can do to get even. 

"Fine, I'll just change into a better set of clothes since I would be meeting your mom."

Suzy went out a couple of minutes later. She wore a cute floral dress and a cream cardigan. Myungsoo was lightly amazed to see Suzy in a new image. Unlike her usual college girl attire, and her party get up, today she looked more mature and innocent as well. She wore her hair up in a single ponytail, her bangs swept on the side and she had little gloss on her lips too.

"Is this ok?", she asked. 

"Geez, she's taking this too seriously.", he said in the back of his mind. But he actually admired the way she looked. 

Myungsoo drove her to the restaurant and told her to wait. The place was not that far from the airport too that is why luck was on his side too that day. 

His mother's flight arrived exactly and by 3 pm they were together already. 

"Mother, do you have any plans for today?", Myungsoo asked while he drove. 

"Why did you ask?", she replied with another question again. 

"Would you like to have coffee or tea before I drive you home? And oh by the way, I want you to meet somebody.", Myungsoo said with an implying tone. 

"Coffee would be nice.", his mother simply replied. 

After that there were more conversations during the rest of the drive.