15

FOREVER AND ALWAYS

“I’ve learned that waiting is the most difficult bit, and I want to get used to the feeling, knowing that you’re with me, even when you’re not by my side.Waiting hurts. Forgetting hurts. But not knowing which decision to take can sometimes be the most painful...Everybody is waiting for cooler weather--and I am just waiting for you” 

Four years ago, a typical sleepy afternoon it was, Suzy sat down on a park's bench and wrote down how she felt. Her first love, was unfortunately snatched away from her by a string of unfortunate events.

She scribbled down her light blue sticky-notes. She carefully picked the right words she'd use to express how she felt. At first her feelings were too complicated that she didn't exactly know what words to use, but as she dug deeper into her own feelings, she found out that there is nothing more that she can do but to wait.  

The place where she sat down was far from the main part of the park and there were nothing but birds and the sound of the gentle afternoon breeze that made sounds. She enjoyed the simplicity and silence that gave her a peace of mind and calmed her troubled self. She struggled to think of more words to express how she felt but had difficulty in doing so. She looked around wondering of she could find words hidden behind the trees of if the right words would pass her by, but as expected there were none. She sighed in dismay that she might not be able to express herself fully in such a brief statement.

She looked at the sky, wondering if he would ever know how she felt she sighed and sat back down. There was too much going on inside her and she just wanted to scream. But it wouldn't be enough and she'll definately would make a fool out of herself. Maybe it is also about time to realize that she's had enough. 

Out of nowhere, she heard a shutter of a camera going off and the sound of a polaroid camera in the process of producing its negative. She looked around and saw this tall black-haired guy in his highschool uniform. She recognized his uniform as from an all boys school in town. He smiled at her, she didn't know exactly how to respond. He had big round eyes and he walked and smiled at her. At first she thought that it was her first love that was approaching her. Both of them had too much in common in first glance. Her heart skipped a beat, her fingers became cold and her face became pale. On one hand he held the film and contiously shook it for it to develop quickly. He stopped infront of her. She looked at him and was certain that she had never seen him before. 

"You can have this.", he handed her the photograph. 

"Don't worry, I'm no ert. I'm just a wanna be photographer.", he added. 

He sounded nice and he looked kind. He smiled at her and waited for her to respond. She took the photograph from him and said thanks. 

"I just moved here and I think I got lost while I was wondering around. May I?", politely asking her if he can sit beside her. 

"Sure."

"Hi,my name is Minho. Choi Minho. My family recently moved here because of my mother's job."

"I'm Bae Suzy. Nice to meet you."

"I knew immediately that I have to take your photo. Your expression is priceless. It is as if you're as delicate as swan and yet so hurt inside. Argh, I simply can't describe how I felt when I saw you that is why I took a photo of you. I hope you wouldn't misunderstand."

"It's alright, I understand. You can keep the photo if you want to."

"It's ok, you can have it as a memory."

"If that's the case, it is a memory I severly want to forget."

And so from that moment on, a new chapter began. Page by page, the chapter also came to an end. The first few pages, she began to understand that there was more to life than what meets the eye, she learned how to forget and her scars slowly healed. In the middle pages, she found out her true self and what she really wanted to be and so does he, in the later pages in this chapter she found out that her happy ending would be denied. Once again she found herself back to page one, hurting again in the loss of someone whom she deeply cared for and again bound by the idea of waiting.