17

FOREVER AND ALWAYS

After that brief encounter that sleepy aftertnoon, Suzy kept coming back to the place where she met Minho. She intended to return the polaroid picture he took because he mentioned that it was supposed to be part of his polaroid collection. She went there the day after they first met after classes but he didn't show up. Even the day after that day. After a month of constantly waiting for him, she was about to give up and keep the picture for herself when out of the blue she heard a camera shutter went off and the sound of a polaroid camera developing its film. She saw the tall black-haired guy with big round eyes and a heartly smile approaching and waving at her. 

Her heart was filled with joy, for she is now convinced that when you do not stop waiting for something to come back, it would eventually come back on its own time.  

"Why do you keep on having that expression, as if you're waiting for someone to comeback even if you know they wouldn't?", Minho asked her. 

Minho is the type of person who would know someone's heart in just a glance. 

Minho kept on looking at the picture. Her eyes were looking far away and the whole picture emminated the feeling of longingness. 

"A picture can speak for its self. Every tiny detail makes up the whole story.", he added. 

"-that's why I know that you're hurting deep inside."

Suzy was surprised but it was true. She tried to deny it but Minho looked at her, as if he was telling her that it is alright. 

"Hey, I just want to return your polaroid, the one you took last time. It's yours from the beginning.", she rummaged through her belongings, searching for the polaroid picture. 

"Keep it, keep this one too."

"No, I don't collect polaroids like you. It's ok."

"Keep it so that there would be a reason for us to meet again."