30

FOREVER AND ALWAYS

Deep into the night, he tried to relax his mind and get some sleep, but this feeling that he can't get rid off, this alien feeling that made him so restless deprived him of sleep that he desperately needed. He was too emotionally exhausted, too much for him to handle. He was lying on his bed, staring blankly at the ceiling above him, lights coming from outside were the only source of light amidst the darkness inside his room. His sheets were also in a dark shades of blue that caused the room to be more dark. Could he be in the brink of a mental breakdown, he tried not to think of it that way. 

For once in his life, he ran out of ideas. In his mind, he tried to sort out things from the beginning, he dug deeper into his thoughts and tried to visualize things that happened, it made his head ache even more, but he was so desperate to look for an answer. An answer he wanted to find but it is the truth that he wanted to avoid knowing. So he sat up, eyes closed, his breathing was steady, exhailing and inhailing slowly, he tried to calm himself. But his inner turmoil was too much to overcome. He bit his lower lip, slowly he opened his eyes and sighed. 

He quickly changed his clothes. He took out spare change of clothes from his cabinet and placed them inside a bag. He went to the other room to gather some art supplies and placed them in a separate bag. He took his keys and went out the door. He threw his bags on the back of his car. Before starting up the engine he brought out his cellphone and dialed. After a few rings somebody from the other line answers. But it was just the voice mail.

"Hey, I think I'll be gone for a few days, or even weeks, can you look out for my apartment while I'm gone. I just need to do something. I asked for your phone number from the front desk, hope you won't mind.", he said. 

It was nearing the break of dawn, he had drove for a couple of hours straight before reaching his destination. An old summer house near the beach. A place dear to him. After bearing with fatigue for the rest of his journey, he requested the caretaker of the house to prepare quickly so that he could settle down immedaitely. 

The sound of the waves gently crashing on the shore in perfect harmony with the rushing sounds of the water reciding back into the vast ocean was the magic that lulled him to sleep. Yes, finally he was already asleep, but his heart was still awake. 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

She heard her phone ringing in the middle of the night, she ignored it on purpose, she was so tired that she ought not to take a seemingly important call. It had been already days since she knew of the truth, the one she thought were lies but were of complete opposite. It hurt her alot, but she tried not to act that way, and that is what made her so exhausted. To try and hide what she really felt at the same time convince herself to believe in something she didn't want to believe in, those things consumed all her energy. As the days have passed, she somehow learned how to deflect these feelings and she had somehow forgotten about it, but as much as she didn't want to be reminded of it, little things in life will keep on reminding her and soon she'll be in a slump again. 

She tried doing things that would take her mind of it. And that day, she helped someone do their gardening and it made her exhausted physically. The moment her back touched the surface of her bed, she fell asleep. A call 2 o'clock in the morning wasn't something she can vouche for her sleep, no matter how important it was. 

The digital alarmclock had been beeping continuously for a minute now and would soon go into it's fifth snooze. There she was sleeping soundly despite the noise coming from it. But when it seemed that the alarmclock would finally give up on waking her up, she opened her eyes and sat up. Like always, she checked her phone first. An addition to her voice mails.

"Hey, I think I'll be gone for a few days, or even weeks,can you look out for my apartment while i'm gone. I just need to do something. I asked for your phone number from the front desk, hope you won't mind.".

She looked at the number twice. It still wasn't registered on her phone. She was still half a wake and it took her sometime to realize that it was Myungsoo's voice and so she assumed it was his number. 

"Sure, but where will you be at? Take care.", she typed and sent him a message. As she drank her coffee and ate her toast she waited for his reply, when she realized that she had other things better to do, she proceeded with those. 

A day passed, no reply. It must have been very important to leave on such a short notice. Or he might be very busy, she thought. 

Everyday she'll naturally would have to pass by his door. Sometimes she would knock on the door to check if he's back. On the second week, she still didn't get an answer. 

An overseas trip maybe?

Who knows.