37

FOREVER AND ALWAYS

After making sure all of her bags were with her she proceeded to the airport's exit. The conference went well although she didn't win a major award, she was happy just to be able to present and have some exposure. She felt her phone vibrate from her pocket. She answered the call. It was Michelle making sure she had already arrived. 

"We're almost there, wait for us near Starbucks ok?", she said. 

She waited for them outside. Her bags were placed on the cart but she held on to the sketchpad during the whole flight. Suddenly a car sped by and a strong gush of wind followed. Pages of the sketchpad rustled together when the air tunnled as the car sped by. She saw a small rectangular piece of paper drop on the floor. She bent down and picked it up. She read what was written on the paper, it was a phone number. 

It must have been his way of coming back to her. It must be.

Michelle and her boyfriend pulled over,Michelle's boyfriend got out from the driver's seat and greated Suzy and began loading her bags in the car. 

"You don't look so good.', Michelle hugged Suzy. But Suzy was still in a daze. Suzy hugged Michelle back and said she was fine. During the ride back to her aparment, the trio had a normal conversation. Suzy tried to keep up with them and not think about it. As they reached her apartement door, Michelle and her boyfriend said goodbye after helping Suzy with her bags, she was definately tired having to endure a 20 hour flight. She was too tired that she sat on the floor while looking for her keys.

As she rummaged through her bag, across the hall, between the small gap of the floor and the base of the door, she saw light coming from the inside of Myungsoo's apartment. It must be the caretaker of the unit. He would usually stay but he never stayed till night, she thought. Suzy found her keys and went inside. 

Suzy took a nice warm shower threw herself on her bed. Her heart was a mess, she felt really heavy and her feelings burndened her but it wasn't enough to overcome the physical stress she had endured during her travels, before her eyes finally close, she then remembered what the old man told them. 

"He said he was going back home."