1

FOREVER AND ALWAYS

 

Alarm clock ringing on full blast. The sun was up and sunlight bathed the whole room. But none seemed to have its effect on her. A heavy sleeper she was indeed. Strangely when the alarm stopped, she jumped out of bed and ran to the bathroom. 

Islets of water were on the floor, she was such in a hurry that she didn't have time to take dry her long hair some more. She slid on a pair of jeans, simple tee, canvas Keds, a few of her brush on her hair, her half-filled backpak strapped on her shoulders, grabbed an apple in the fridge, locked her apartment door shut, on the elevator mirror she took one look at herself and when the door opened she ran off. 

In school, she managed to out run her professor and was in time before she could call the roll. Satisfied that she wasn't late, she took a bite on her apple ready to challenge the day with full optimism. At the end of the day, though exhausted, she managed to have some time for friends and the library before going back to her apartment. 

Her personality would always give a person second thoughts. Though her easy-going personality is prevalent in her, she would never fail to top all her classes. Though sometimes she's uptight and moody, she never goes beyond the line. At times she's clumsy and tend to forget things, she has confidence in herself that makes her do anything responsibly. And the more you get to know her, the more you'll realize that she's an ideal girl. 

Excellent in everything that she does. Sweet and caring. Just the right blend of everything. 

When she got back to the apartment, she made herslef some juice and went infront of the computer. A few moments later, her phone began ringing,It was her mother, routinely checking  her every night eversince she went to college. At this point in her life, she thought that she can manage on her own, in which she does and the call somehow irritated her. 

The apartment she stays in was previously used by her older brother who had just finished medschool. Her mother who was too hands on was a former bank executive, now that she had retired, she  had plenty of time to do whatever she pleases. Her father who is an avid golfer is a renowned psychiatrist and professor. 

Coming from an elite family of intellectuals, Suzy definately was striving her best to match up with everybody's expectation. Now in her third year in college, a scholar and a student admired by many, Suzy had almost filled her cup. Next next spring, she'd be a microbiologist and would go to medschool too perhaps. 

Despite all of that, she was raised in a normal way, a lifestyle a normal person would have. Independent and able to do anything on her own. She was raised by her grandparents because of her parents busy schedules, she was taught everything she needed. She can cook, do household chores and never relied on help if ever she needed anything to be done. She didn't mind if her hands would be dirty. 

Today she had a long day in the laboratory and her legs were killing her. She had to finish a paper to be submitted the next day. 

When her mother gave up with her calls, Suzy finished her juice and began to type. 

By the end of the night, she was finished. She placed the eight paged report inside her bag, brushed her teeth and went to bed. 

Most of her days were like this. 

Routinely doing almost everything everyday. 

Before falling to sleep, she felt as if she had not done anything for herself today. She prayed and hoped that emptiness within her would be gone. 

The next morning. Alarmclock on full blast, islets of water on the floor, half eaten sandwich on the table, running here and there, papers due the next day, mom calling relentlessly, water bill, telephone bill, electric bill. Yet all meaningless and empty.