Starting.

A Stranger & A Packet Of Blood.

 

“Bye!” I said as I left the blood donation center. I definitely felt a lot better after coming here; it’s like my safe haven. Even though none of them know about my past, the sense of comfort is so over-whelming that it makes one want to come back.

There was still that heavy lump of emotions pooling in my stomach. That feeling that I get all the time when I thought about my past. It was nice of Mrs Cho to be all sweet and kind but how am I going to refuse her when she introduce her son to me? I am not going to be prepared for that sort of matchmaking.

I am not ready yet.

Not ready for a new relationship. For any relationship.

My heart sighed as I walked down the steps of the center. I remembered how I hated going out of the house for a month during that period because I hated seeing the road; that killer platform that took away everything from me.  I hated myself. My mother hated me. Marcus’s family hated me.

My heartbeat faster, my mind became dizzy when I saw any picture of a road even if it was a picture of a news article; I would flinch at the image. I avoided going out and if I was given a choice, I would rather stay at home.

I developed a huge phobia of vehicles; mainly cars and anything that could remind me of the accident that left me paralyzed, emotionally.

I shivered as all those memories washed by like a wave tossed in the ocean, the sky was starting to darken and the temperature was starting to get colder.

I walked down the pavement, thinking about whether to take a public bus or the train home since I had access to both. My tears had dried up on the sides of my face as my fingers grazed my cheeks. I bet my eyes were super red now.

Around the corner, I bumped into somebody else.

I was about to apologize when I froze and looked back up immediately. From the previous incident, I have learnt that bump incidents at road corners was neither anyone’s fault.

I was taken aback when I spotted a person wearing a mask and cap as he was adjusting his mask; I couldn’t make out the way he looked.

“Aishhhhh.” The person, a guy, said.

This sounds too familiar. It was like the other time where I bumped into the person at this corner. I took a second glance at the person as he adjusted his cap now and could see his face clearly.

“H-Hyun?” I muttered out, loud enough for him to hear.

His eyes shot up and looked at me.

“Rae Ah!” He exclaimed; his tone sounded like he wasn’t expecting me to be there.

“Are you alright?” He quickly asked, noticing the blood red watery eyes I had. Crap.

“What are you doing here?” I replied, trying to change the topic.

“Did you cry?” He ignored my question and asked my directly, eyes piercing at my face.

I looked away and then down to my feet. “No, I didn’t.”

“Your eyes…. Is something bothering you? You can tell me if you need a listening ear. I’ll try my best not to tell anyone else.” He said with a straight face.

I looked up at him, “Try your best? Shouldn’t you promise not to tell anyone since it would be a secret?” I asked with a lifted eyebrow.

“Promises were made to be broken so why should I promise you when I’ll break it sooner or later. So the best phrase is I will try my best.” He replied with a shrug.

I stared at him as he said those words.

Marcus said the same thing to me once; my hand ball into a fist as I heard those words repeat themselves again just by a different person.

“Rae Ah? You sure you’re okay? I didn’t mean to come off in such a rude manner. I just-..”

Before Hyun could finish saying his sentence, I burst into tears right at the moment, sobbing.

“I’m sorry! Rae Ah! I didn’t mean it! I’m sorry. Don’t cry. Oh gosh. Erm. Please don’t cry.” He panicked when it wasn’t actually his fault. I was trying to forget my memories but yet they had to appear to me again.

But my mind was flipping through the pages of Marcus that I couldn’t concentrate properly to my surroundings. Hyun had pulled me to a quiet street while I cried.

I heard he sigh before he started to sing to me softly like he did previously. I lifted my face up to him as my palms rose to wipe my tears away. There he was standing in front of me, hands on my shoulders, his face covered by the mask, the cap covering up more, as he sang to me.

My eyelashes were wet from the tears as I blinked. Hyun had his eyes closed so he didn’t see me staring at him.

“Why are you singing?” I sobbed.

Hyun stopped singing when he heard me. He opened his eyes slowly and stared back at me.

“Why are you crying?” He threw back the ball of question to me with eyes of curiosity.

His eyes were dark pools of hazelnut brown as my eyes bored into his. There was a sense of comfort that came from him as his hand gripped firmly at my shoulders. A sense of security that I haven’t felt in a very long time.

With another batch of tears waiting at the tips of my eyes, I went forward and hugged Hyun.  

 

 

 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey readers *waves*

I know I know. It's a very short chapter. Hahaha. School's starting in two weeks time! So I'm going to try my best to update as much as possible before it starts! Hopefully! I hope you guys are enjoying this storyplot as much as I enjoy writing it! :) 

Do comment, subscribe, friend me! I won't bite! ^^ 

 

Xoxo.