Again.

A Stranger & A Packet Of Blood.

 

It’s been a week since Kyuhyun confessed to me. We’ve been spending quite some time together. Since we’re neighbours, it’s inevitable that we’ll bump into each other now and then.

Just the other day, I invited him over for dinner again which he happily agreed. I won’t say that we’re dating because I wasn’t sure of my own feelings for him. But we’re definitely closer now.

I feel comfortable having Kyuhyun around; he’s just like my security blanket. He knows how to make me feel good about myself too, which was something I was incapable of doing.

Once, he visited me at my yoga studio, he came in by the back door and sat at the back. I didn’t even notice it was him until the class ended and he was the only one left in the studio. He brought flowers over like the first time we met.

 

“Oh, I don’t think the flowers were from the guy in your yoga class. They are not daisies.” Kim Mi said with a smirk as she walked over to sit in the chair behind the reception table.

I lifted an eyebrow as I looked at her and then back at the bouquet. She was right, they were not daisies; they were sunflowers; bright, cheerful, sunny sunflowers.

There was a card in it. I took it out thinking, “I hope it isn’t the same person.”

 

To: Choi Rae Ah

Sorry for just now. Hope you enjoy my album.

From:  The person who you fell right in front of. 

 

Kyuhyun brought sunflowers that day too.

 

As I arranged the flowers primly in the blood donation center in the evening, someone behind me cleared their throat as I turned around to see who it was.

It was someone I haven’t seen in a while. Hyun was standing there was his mask and a cap.

“Hyun!” I called out.

He came forward, nodding his head. “Hey there. Did I scare you?”

“Oh yes, you did! What are you doing here?” I asked.

“I was around the area, so I thought I dropped by just to say hi to whomever that was here. And I’m not surprised seeing you here.” He said.

I broke into a smile. After the promotional event day, I’ve not spoken to Hyun.  I felt bad, as he was a friend that I made here in the blood donation center but I didn’t had time for him as a friend.

“I was just here a while ago to see if they needed help. I’m almost done!  Get me a minute then we can go grab a cup of coffee or something.” I suggested.

“Yeah sure, why not?” He replied as I quickly took the administrative papers back into the office.

“Who is here?” The senior nurse asked me as I went into the office.

“Oh? It’s just Hyun! He was around the area so he thought he popped by. We’re going for coffee. Want to join us?” I said as I took my bag.

The senior nurse stared at me for a while before answering. “H-Hyun came by?” she double checked.

“Yeah.” I turned around to face her.

“Is something wrong?” I asked her.

She seemed to thinking about something else. “O-Oh no, I was just wondering why I haven’t seen him in a while.” She replied.

“Me too! After the promotional event, I haven’t seen him around the blood donation center.” I added.

“He must have been busy. You said you guys were going for coffee right? Now run along! Enjoy yourselves!” The senior nurse said as she quickly buried her head back into the documents.

“A-Alright. I’ll see you soon.” I said as I left the office hesitantly.

The senior nurse didn’t seem like her usual self. She totally changed when I mentioned Hyun’s name into the conversation. That’s strange; I thought they were close friends?

Hyun was standing at the entrance of the blood donation center, tapping his feet to an unknown rhythm that I wasn’t sure of.

“Hey, sorry to keep you waiting.” I said as I stood next to him.

“No worries. After you?” His arm rose and gestured for me to walk ahead.

“Shall we go back to that small cozy café?” I proposed.

“You missed our secret drink?” He replied.

I couldn’t help but smile at him as I nodded my head.

We walked down the corner and entered into the café, sitting once again where we sat previously.

“I’ll get you the drink.” Hyun said as he got up to go to the counter but I stopped him.

“Get one for yourself too this time.” I encouraged him.

His eyes widened and all of a sudden, Hyun started a coughing fit.

“Are you alright?” I asked, wanting to stand up as well.

But Hyun quickly gestured for me to sit down. “Oh no, it’s fine. I’m just having a s-sore throat. Nothing serious but the coffee might make it worse. It’s alright, I’ll get you one cup.” Hyun said.

“Why not we go somewhere else where you can also enjoy the food?” I said, feeling bad.

“Nah, it’s fine. Since we’re here already, might as well just stay here. I’m alright.” He shrugged.

“You sure?” I asked Hyun again but he had already made his way to the counter so I sat back down.

Not long after Hyun returned with the same aromatic latte in his hand.

“Here.” He encouraged me as he pushed the cup to me.

“Thank you very much.” I said.

I stirred the latte as I watched Hyun fiddle with his mask. It seemed uncomfortable.

“Don’t you want to take off your mask? Isn’t it making you feel uncomfortable?” I questioned him.

Hyun looked up immediately, staring back at me as I asked him.

“Take off my mask?” He repeated my words.

I nodded as I took a sip of the latte which he had not told me the name of it yet.

“But I don’t like exposing my skin.” He mumbled.

“Why? Do you have a skin disease?” I continued with my questions.

“N-No. It’s just that I-I feel uncomfortable, yeah, uncomfortable.” He shifted uneasily in his seat.

“But I’m a friend, aren’t I?” I tilted my head, curious.

“You are.” He replied.

 

 

“So can I see your face?” 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey readers *waves*

Wheeeeeeee. I love a cliffhanger. Always. Heh. The upcoming chapters will be filled with drama, hopefully!

Do leave comments ^^

 

 

Xoxo.