Mother Knows Best.

A Stranger & A Packet Of Blood.

 

Rae Ah just strike a conversation with me. I’m surprised.

I enjoyed her company so much that I had forgotten all about today; the day of the blood donation event. How am I going to go off as Kyu, the famous ballad singer and as Hyun, some mysterious dude that sang to her twice with a mask and a cap?

I silently scolded myself as I tried to think of a solution. The best bet now is to just go along with the flow of being the famous ballad singer at the blood donation center. Anyways, everybody knows me as a celebrity and not the ordinary guy.

But I told Rae Ah that I will meet her at the promotional event when I was Hyun. Aishh, I’m digging my own grave. Just for caution, I better bring my mask and cap and maybe a change of clothes. Yes, that seems like the best idea now.

“Yeah, together. We’re both going there right? Unless you have a schedule beforehand then it’s fine.” Rae Ah smiled.

I blinked.

“Have anyone told you; you have a very mesmerizing smile?” I blurted my thoughts out unknowingly before widening my eyes at the reality.

Rae Ah blushed at my comment as her smile widened, showing her teeth. She looked lovely. “You’re the first.” She muttered under her breath.

“I am? Wow, I’m surprised. I mean, a smile like that needs to be complimented.” I said, taking my keys out again.

“We’ll go to the center together. I’ll drive. But I need to get some stuff that I forgot to take earlier.” I said as I twisted the keys in the doorknob as Rae Ah nodded her head.

Tugging at my bag, I brought a change of shirt and a sweater plus my mask and a different cap.

Zipping my bag, I left the house to find Rae Ah waiting at the lift area, using her phone.

“I’m sorry. Let’s go!” I said as we went into the lift.

We came out to the carpark as I clicked on the alarm button to unlock my car. I opened the passenger door for Rae Ah which she mouthed a “thanks” before walking over to the driver’s seat and getting in.

“It’s not every day a celebrity gets to be your driver, enjoy the moment while it lasts.” I boasted as I fastened my seatbelt, looking over to Rae Ah as she fastened hers.

She scoffed teasingly, “And it’s not every day you get a lady with a beautiful smile to be your passenger so enjoy the moment while it lasts.” She said back confidently.

I laughed and hearing me laughed, Rae Ah burst out into a trail of giggles.

The trip to the blood donation center was filled with laughter and a lot of sarcastic teasing which I thought was rather surprising. Rae Ah is starting to be more carefree in her words and the way she speaks to me. There was no invisible barrier that I had to break through to talk to her, it was safe. I think she’s getting comfortable talking to me.

I smiled as I parked the car.

“A penny for your thoughts, Mr Cho?” Rae Ah’s voice brought me back.

She must have caught me smiling to myself unknowingly. “I can’t wait to see your face when you hear me sing later.” I quickly changed the topic.

Rae Ah suddenly sat up straight, “I made this new friend at the donation center the other day! He sings pretty well too! You should meet him!” She said spontaneously.

I gulped. That friend of hers couldn’t be Hyun right?

“He sang to me when we were donating blood together.” Rae Ah said as she closed the car door as we both were getting out.

Crap, Rae Ah is telling me about myself. How nice.

“Oh?” Was all I could managed to say out.

She still didn’t get the hint.

“Yeah, his singing is really not bad; you have to listen to him and the other time when he sang at the alley-..” Rae Ah stopped talking as she realized what she was telling me. It was the night that she cried.

“Y-Yeah, you have to listen to him.” She continued uneasily, placing her sling bag across her chest.

“You’re telling me that the other person that you’re talking about has a better voice than me?” I asked jokingly with a stern face.

Rae Ah immediately turned to me, “I didn’t say that. His voice is pleasant. It’s worth listening to. Your voice is just famous.” She replied truthfully.

I was about to say something when Rae Ah shifted her attention and smiled at someone behind me. I followed her gaze and it was my mother.

“Kyu! Rae Ah! You guys came together?” My mother said enthusiastically.

“Hello Mrs Cho! He drove us here.” Rae Ah said as my mother hugged her.

“He did?” My mother said, eyeing me as she patted my shoulder.

“Yes, I did. Mother.” I said, narrowing my eyes at her.

“Alright, there’s a lot of things happening around the center so please make yourself useful!” My mother said before dragging Rae Ah away from me.

“Where’re you bringing her?” I asked.

But before my mother could answer, Rae Ah spoke.

“Ahh, Mrs Cho, have Hyun arrived yet?” She asked innocently.

My eyes widened at her question, I tried to get my mother to look at me so I could give her some of kind of signal but she looked at Rae Ah with a puzzled expression on her face.

“Hyun? Who’s that?” My mother said.

“Hyun. The guy that wears the mask and cap all the time.” Rae Ah said.

“He’ll be arriving later!” The senior nurse said as she placed her arms around Rae Ah’s shoulders, giving me a wink in the process.

Phew. That was close. I got to find a way to repay her later on.

“Who is this Hyun?” My mother asked again.

“You’ll see him later, Mrs Cho.” The senior nurse repeated herself.

“Kyu, don’t you have to go get ready for your performance? I’m looking forward to your latest single.” The senior nurse said as she tried to change the topic. I was thanking her silently from the bottom of my heart.

“Oh! Yes, mother, I need your help. Come, follow me.” I said, dragging my mother away from Rae Ah as we both went to the pantry.

“I’ll see you later, Kyu!” Rae Ah called out.

I smiled and waved back at her before turning to my mother as the senior nurse brought Rae Ah somewhere else.

“Mother, can you please don’t be so nosy?” I said to her.

“Nosy? When was I being nosy?” My mother returned the question.

Aishhhhhh.

“Anyway, Kyu. Do you know this Hyun person? Who is he? I’ve never heard of him before.” My mother said.

“Shhhh, lower your volume!” I whispered to my mother as I looked back out to check if there was anyone out there.

“I’m Hyun!” I whispered to my mother as her eyes widened.

“Rae Ah thinks that I’m two different persons.” I explained.

My mother’s mouth fell opened. “Kyu! That’s not nice at all.” She remarked.

“I know but I had no choice! Please keep this a secret. I don’t want to let her know just yet.” I begged.

“When are you going to tell her? Are you playing with her feelings?!” My mother said as she placed her hands on her hips.

“No, I’m not! I really like her! I don’t know when but not so soon. She’s getting comfortable with me. I don’t want to break anything.” I said.

“She’s going to feel hurt when she finds out, son. Be honest and tell her soon. Or else I’ll have to tell her myself. Since you like her, the more you should tell her sooner.” My mother said as she shook her head.

“Mother!” I whined.

“She’s a nice girl, son. She doesn’t deserve to be cheated of her feelings by your playfulness, Kyuhyun.” My mother said before turning around and leaving the pantry.

 

 

 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey readers *waves*

I just thought about this and sat down and typed it all out within forty-five minutes. Is the story getting a bit draggy? I just want to hear some feedback!

Do commmment! ^^ Hoped you enjoyed this chapter!

 

Xoxo.