Heat Pack.

A Stranger & A Packet Of Blood.

 

I tugged on my jacket pocket tightly. What did Rae Ah just say? She wants to see my face? This is not what I was expecting. I thought our conversation was still going along smoothly. Why did she suddenly turned around and throw such a huge disaster on me? What should I do? Should I tell her the truth now? Or….

My eyes widened as she stared at me curiously.

Rae Ah tilt her head to the side as she narrowed his eyes at me. I quickly looked back down to the table, thinking of a suitable answer.

“I-I really feel u-uncomfortable.” I mumbled again, still looking at the table.

There was silence. So I looked back up to Rae Ah.

She was still staring at me with a facial expression I couldn’t comprehend.  There was something in her eyes that made me feel uneasy about myself even though I was behind a mask and was wearing a cap.

“H-Hyun.” She called.

“Yeah?” I replied, scrunching up my fist in my jacket pocket. Why am I feeling so nervous? Like as if Rae Ah seemed to know who I really am. It was as if she saw through the mask and cap and she had seen me, Cho Kyuhyun.

I bit my lower lip behind the mask, hoping and praying that she didn’t seem to notice any similarity.

“Your e-eyes. They look like-..” She started and my heart came all the way up to my mouth.

“Rae ah!” Someone shouted and we both turned to the voice of the person.

“Kim Mi!”

“Kim Mi?” Rae Ah greeted her best friend in a puzzled manner while I called out her name as a sign of relief while I leaned back in my seat. I got to thank Kim Mi one day for helping me.

“Since your friend is here. I think I better go off. I got something on later. Bye!” I said hastily as I got out from the seat and quickly made my way out of the café.

Rae Ah turned towards me, “B-But. I haven’t-…” Was all I could hear from her before leaving the cafe.

That was such a close shave. I almost got revealed that I was Cho Kyuhyun.

I guess one of these days; I got to tell it to her slowly. But how am I going to do so? How will Rae Ah react to that? As Cho Kyuhyun, the famous ballad singer, I was considered quite close to Rae Ah. We have been spending quite an amount of time together and I’m really comfortable being with her.

It’s as if I’m an ordinary person, I need not hide behind a façade when I was Cho Kyuhyun. I was just being me and I enjoyed that feeling. Rae Ah was comfortable or so I thought she is comfortable being with me. She even invited me over for dinner the other day which was unexpected of her to do so.

I thought that was a very sincere gesture from her and I think I should repay the same favor to her one day.

I was so close to being caught by her. I bit my lip as I quickly walked back to the carpark lot opposite the blood donation center as I drove back home, cracking my head to think of ways to approach the matter of the truth.

 

Choi Rae Ah’s POV

Those eyes. Those brown hazelnut, chocolate eyes. I have seen them somewhere before. I’m sure of that. But where? They were so familiar; there was a sense of warmth in Hyun’s eyes I’ve never noticed before.

“Rae Ah? Rae Ah? Rae Ah!” Kim Mi said as she waved her hand in front of me.

“Oh? Oh. Yes! Yes?” I said as I shook my head, knocking the thoughts out of my head.

“Who was that guy?” She asked, nodding her head to the door where he just left.

“That was Hyun. The guy who sang to me at the blood donation center.” I replied.

Her eyes widened as I spoke. “Are you two-timing Cho Kyuhyun?” She almost shouted.

“Lower your volume! I don’t want people to misunderstand! I’m not even dating him in the first place, how can you call it two-timing?” I said as I drank from the cup of latte that was still in my palms.

“You sure you two aren’t dating? I think otherwise. Anyone that sees the both of you will think otherwise! It was like you two were made for each other! Come on, Rae Ah! Ask yourself! You like him, don’t you!” Kim Mi exclaimed.

“I-I…I-I don’t exactly-…” I started.

“Rae Ah. Look at yourself. Don’t you think you smiled more after getting closer to Cho Kyuhyun? Don’t you think you feel livelier when you conduct your yoga sessions? You seemed more cheerful, in a happier mood when you come to the studio this few days. I sat in with one of your sessions. You might not be able to sense the difference but I can. I can sense it. You’ve changed. For the better.” Kim Mi stated as she took my hand into hers and she squeezed my hand gently.

I searched through my heart, to the deepest pits of it, all the way to the bottom, going pass all the pain and suffering I once went through. Kim Mi was right. I was falling in love with Cho Kyuhyun without knowing it until now.

He was becoming a huge part of my life, apart from seeing him mostly everyday and listening to his music, I practically talk to him every single day; through the balcony, when he sends me to the yoga studio, or just by bumping to each other at the lift lobby. But mostly all between our balconies. He was such a secure confident to me, I could tell him how bad my day was and he could just cheer me up with a sentence.

“Kim Mi, he doesn’t know what happened to me before. I didn’t tell him everything.” I said.

“He doesn’t know it yet?” She asked.

I just shook my head.

I guess I got to tell it to him one of these days too. I wonder how Kyuhyun will take it. Will he accept me? Even though I got pregnant and had a miscarriage before. Will he mind? Will his family mind? I mean, he is someone famous. The family would have a say in his choice of a partner, wouldn’t they? And I don’t think I’m the perfect candidate.

But my mind went back to the original person who was sitting in Kim Mi’s place just a moment ago. Hyun should know the truth, I mean he deserves to know my past, doesn’t he? He was like the knight in shining amour, always rescuing me out of difficult situations.

Okay, I shall tell him the next time I see him at the blood donation center. I mean, someone has to know right? If I don’t say anything, it might be discovered by others and the reaction doesn’t seem nice at all.

After that short catch-up session with Kim Mi, finding out that she was shopping around the area when she spotted me from the outside thus she came in to say hi but she didn’t know she would sit there for another hour talking to me about my problems, I went home.

I was at the lift lobby waiting for the lift when Kyuhyun came walking out with a frowned look on his face.

I waved but he didn’t see so I followed him.

“….she gets angry?” He mumbled to himself, clearly I could hear a little.

“Who will get angry?” I said, walking behind him.

He stopped and quickly turned around, shocked to see me.

“R-Rae Ah?! What are you doing here?”

“I was at the lift lobby. I waved to you but you didn’t see.” I explained.

“Ohhh. Sorry, my mind was somewhere else.” He said before breaking into a smile.

“I’m going to the grocer, want to follow me?” He continued.

I smiled back, nodding my head as I walked next to him.

The cool night breeze blew as I clutched onto my jacket zipper and zipped it all the way up. Kyuhyun had pulled his jacket hood on as well before turning to me.

“You must be freezing.” He said as he noticed my shivering hands.

“Just a l-little.” I shuddered, the cold was really getting to me but I didn’t want to appear weak in front of him.

The next thing that Kyuhyun did took me by surprise. An utter shock.

Kyuhyun grabbed my hand, interlocked with his fingers and placed them in his hoodie pocket.

I stared at him, mouth opening and closing, not knowing what the best thing to say was.

He looked up at me and smiled shyly, the other hand rubbing his neck. “My jacket pocket has a heat pack so I thought we could share it.” He said, turning his head to the other side, not letting me see his face.

I felt the heat rose from the heat pack to his fingers to my fingers, and I felt the blood rushed straight to my cheeks.  I blushed.

“It’s alright.” I said, wanting to pull away but Kyuhyun held my hand tighter, not wanting to let go.

“You’re freezing. Don’t try to act tough now.” He said as he continued keeping my hand in his hoodie pocket.

 

 

For once, I didn’t let what my mind wanted me to do, I just let my heart decide. And I decided to keep my hand in his hoodie pocket as we strolled hand in hand to the grocer. 

 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey readers *waves*

There, here's another chapter for you awesome people! The revealation will be coming out really soooooooooon! Hehehe.

Anyway, I didn't buy a ticket for SMTOWNSG but I still managed to watch the entire concert from somewhere else with clear sound system and a not bad view! :) So happy to see Kyuhyun live ever since I started liking him this year, march. 

The feeeeeeling was so I don't know how to explain. Hahah. Because it was my first fangirl experience. Hahahahah. But anyway, I had absolutely alot of fun at SMTOWNSG! It was like "omg-we-are-just-a-few-metres-away-from-each-other" feeling. Heheheh. 

 

Feeling so happy today~ ^^Have a nice day everyone!! 

 

Xoxo.