Album.

A Stranger & A Packet Of Blood.

 

Urgh, it’s such an ungodly hour in the morning and I’m awake because of a fan signing event. Seriously? Why must my manager always make me do such random timing events? I’m so tired. I practiced the new song until past midnight yesterday after coming back from the blood donation center. I didn’t even get to rest properly.

I haven’t even eaten my breakfast and I got dragged out of bed by my manager. Sometimes, he can be so annoying.

“Why must I do this?” I whined at the back of the van while my manager sat in front at the passenger seat.

“Cho Kyuhyun. You are an idol. You shouldn’t be having such thoughts!” He reprimanded me.

“But seriously! Look at the time! I’m not even awake yet! I don’t want to go for the fan sign. Can’t you cancel it or something?!” I shouted back to him.

“Who was the one who made you famous?!  You are going to go for the fan signing event then I’ll bring you to your favourite café for brunch. Promise. Now remember to put on a smile when you come out from the van.”  He reminded me.

I sighed as I nodded my head with a glum look on my face.

“Smile. Kyuhyun Smile.” He said, turning around in his seat.

I forced a smile out at him, gaining his approval.

I could hear the fans screaming before I even stepped out of the van. It’s was like an alarm clock, so annoying. Oh well, they are my fans and they supported me to where I am today. I shall be grateful. Aishh.

“Ready?” My manager said and I gave him a nod, opening the van door.

As I stepped out, a girl fell down right in front of me. She was clearly pushed by the others, I was sure. Unless she was that desperate to be close to me.

The cameras were flashing and the girl wiped her hands together, she wasn’t holding any poster or my album or any photocards; nothing. Was she even a fan?

Alright, there are paparazzi around; I got to watch my actions. I took a deep breath and stretched out my hand to her which earned the screams of the fans.

She caught a glimpse of my hand as she looked out angrily brushing her hair behind her ears, face flustered before her eyes widening.

Rae Ah? I thought. What the heck was she doing here? I looked around; next to the event place was a yoga studio. Did she work there? I guess she did. Looking at the way she dressed, carrying her duffel bag and all; she was on the way to work definitely.

She must have been on the way to her yoga studio but the crowd of people blocked her way. Aishhh.

Crap, why was she staring at me like this? Did she recognize me immediately? I doubt so, I remembered I was wearing a cap and a mask yesterday; she practically could only see my eyes. Don’t tell me she did recognize my eyes?! Will she still talk to me after knowing that I was actually a famous singer in the local music industry? Will she ignore me just because I’m someone famous?

Or will she- I do not have the time to think so much right now.

I nodded with my usual smirk for her to take my hand, resulting in louder screams and shouts from the fans.

She looked at my hand and back at my face, tilting her head as she stared into my eyes.

I couldn’t wait any longer, so I grabbed her hand as I pulled her up and dragged her down the red carpet while she stumbled along.

Her gaze never leaving me. I kept walking and the fans kept screaming and pushing their way in.

Finally the security guards came to calm the crowd down as my manager brought Rae Ah and me backstage.

“Are you alright?” I asked her.

She scoffed. “Alright? I got pushed by your fans.” And then she realized she was talking to someone famous.

“Ahh, I’m sorry for saying it that way but I need to go. I’m late for work. Mr Cho.” She added.

So she doesn’t know who I am. That’s good.

“I apologize on behalf of my fans for pushing you. May I know your name before you leave?” I said, bowing to her.

“It’s alright. I wasn’t hurt, just a little annoyed. Choi Rae Ah.” Rae Ah said as she lifted her hand, inviting me into a handshake.

I smiled as I shook her hand. “Choi Rae Ah? That’s a very nice name.” I complimented her while I was smiling on the inside.

“Thank you. So you’re Cho Kyuhyun? I’m sorry I don’t follow any local idol in the industry.” She said.

I made a gesture to my manager, signaling him to get me a new album. “You got a fan signing event. I shouldn’t take up your time. Thank you.” She said as she turned around.

I quickly took the album and a permanent marker I kept in my side pocket and scribbled something on the inside of the album before signing it.

“Choi Rae Ah! Wait!” I called out.

She flipped her hair as she turned around. “Yes?”

“Here, this is for you. Since you don’t follow anyone in the local music industry. You can start by listening to my music. You should consider yourself lucky. My other bodyguards will you to your workplace safely.” I said giving her the album before turning back to my manager.

 

Choi Rae Ah’s POV

“Here, this is for you. Since you don’t follow anyone in the local music industry. You can start by listening to my music. You should consider yourself lucky. My other bodyguards will you to your workplace safely.”

An album landed in my hands as the idol turned around and left while a few of his bodyguards came to me out.

“Thank you!” I shouted as I left the place. Woah, I forgot how crowded it was outside. Thank goodness his bodyguards escorted me to the yoga studio or else I think I will be crushed halfway through making my way there.

“Thank you.” I said again to the bodyguards as they smiled at me, making their way back to the fan signing event.

“Choi Rae Ah! Do you know how late you are?!”

I bit my lips. Whoops. That has to be Kim Mi yelling from the reception area.

I peeked in. “Sorry!” Clearly she had taken over my session for me.

“Thank goodness I came in to look for you, or else the class would have complained. Where the hell were you?” She said, gulping the water from her flask.

“I was at the train station. The moment I came out, I got swarmed by the entire group of people out there! There is this fan signing event! I was pushed to the front of the crowd by the fans and I fell right in front of the idol.” I said as I walked in and placed my duffel bag on the chair.

“You were what?! Are you serious? Right in front? You’re joking right?” She said with a look of disbelief.

I turned to look at her with the most serious face I had. “Do I look like I’m joking?”

“Oh my goodness! So you really fell in front of the idol? How embarrassing!” She said as she started to laugh.

“It was more of irritating than embarrassing. I hate being late for work. You know that. But he did give me his album to apologize for his fans pushing me and-..”

“He gave you an album?! The idol gave you his own album?” Kim Mi stared at me in shock.

I just nodded my head, showing her the album I held in my right hand.

She immediately stood up and grabbed the album. “Ooooh! Cho Kyuhyun! The ballad singer! Oh my goodness!” She squealed.

“Is he good?” I asked, plopping myself on the couch at the lounge area.

“Is he good? You’re asking me if he’s good? Oh gosh, Rae Ah! He has like the most amazing voice in the music industry! I swear, you must listen! Why not we just listen to it now?”

I gave permission and Kim Mi took out the disc and placed it into the stereo player and hit play.

As the music filled the room, I took the album and stared at the album cover.

There was something vaguely familiar about that guy. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey readers *waves*

How's the story progressing? Do comment your thoughts and give me feedback! 

 

Xoxo.