Rejection.

A Stranger & A Packet Of Blood.

 

 

Hey readers *waves*

First I would like to apologize to my readers. I know I've not beeen updating as regularly as I said I would. Major writer's block; I was thinking of too many possibilities for this story. Have been busy and LAZY will a few stuff. Haven't been getting comments lately, is something wrong with the story? Just a note, guess who got an A for internship!! A perfect score for this semester! 

So here's chapter five!~

 

 

Xoxo.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

 

 

“And that is the fifth bouquet of flowers for you for this week, Choi Rae Ah.” Kim Mi commented as I stepped out of the yoga room after my last session of the day.

I looked at her as she nodded her head to a bouquet of flowers on the reception table.

“They just arrived.” She added.

I sighed. “Not again. I think I need to confront him about it. Oh, the disc is still in the stereo?” I said as I walked over to the reception table, hearing the ballad singer’s voice echoed through the reception area.

“Oh, I don’t think the flowers were from the guy in your yoga class. They are not daisies.” She said with a smirk as she walked over to sit in the chair behind the reception table.

I lifted an eyebrow as I looked at her and then back at the bouquet. She was right, they were not daisies; they were sunflowers; bright, cheerful, sunny sunflowers.

There was a card in it. I took it out, “I hope it isn’t the same person.”

 

To: Choi Rae Ah

Sorry for just now. Hope you enjoy my album.

 

From:  The person who you fell right in front of.  

 

My eyes widened as I stared at the card, reading the short sentence over and over again. Kim Mi took my silence as a permission to snatch the card away from me as she read it out loud.

“To Choi Rae Ah. Sorry for just now. Hope you enjoy my album. From the person who you fell right in front of. Oh my goodness! Cho Kyuhyun send you a bouquet of flowers!!!!!!” She screamed.

I was shocked too. I grabbed the card back from Kim Mi as I read the contents once again. He did send me a bouquet of flowers.

How did he- oh right, his bodyguards escorted me to the studio.

“Rae Ah! You are being wooed by an idol singer!” Kim Mi stated loud and clear.

“Kim Mi! Keep your volume down! Just because he sends me a bouquet of flowers doesn’t mean anything! Can you chill?”  I said as I plopped myself in the chair in front of the reception table.

“And a signed album?” Kim Mi said as she twirled round in the chair.

“Still! It doesn’t mean anything, I don’t want any gossips.” I said as I hydrated myself with my flask of water.

“How about dinner? Will that mean something?” A voice came out in the corridor.

I choked on my water as I turned to the direction of the voice.

Crisp footsteps could be heard. I looked at Kim Mi and she looked back at me.

“Hey.” The face that matched the voice said as he came in through the corridor.

I immediately got up. The face of the idol singer was standing right in front of me, at my workplace.

Kim Mi was just in awe.

“I see you’re listening to my album. That’s a good start.” He said as his eyes scanned the reception area and landed on the stereo.

I just stared at the singer. I couldn’t bring myself to believe that a celebrity was standing right in front of me.

“So. Would you like you to have dinner with me?” He smoothly said with a small smile at the end.

I opened my mouth to say something but nothing came up. Absolutely nothing.

“Oh, yes! She will!” Kim Mi excitedly, pushing me towards the new stranger. I turned back at her, eyes widened to show how nervous and weird it would be.

“You’ll thank me!” She mouthed as she grabbed my duffel bag and the album, placing them onto my hands.

I walked towards the stranger as we stood by the entrance of the yoga studio. “I-I’m not dressed for dinner.” I said. Seriously, I was in my yoga attire!

“Who said you can’t wear a yoga outfit for dinner? You look fine to me.” Was he mocking or complimenting me? I couldn’t figure it out.

“This is fine?” I looked at him.

He nodded.

“I’m sorry, erm, Mr Cho-.”

“You can call me Kyu.” The idol interrupted.

“Well then, I’m sorry, Kyu. I can’t go to dinner with you.” I said as politely as I could.

He lifted his eyebrows in astonishment like he was hearing that sentence for the first time.

“It was nice of you to help me out there on the red carpet and giving me a personal album. I’m thankful. But to dinner, maybe not.” I said with a small smile.

He opened his mouth to say something but closed it again.

“W-Why not?” He asked suddenly, brows furrowing.

“I-I’ve plans already. Thanks for inviting though.” I said, looking past his eyes.

“Oh.” Was all he said as he looked down to his feet, his shoulders slumped back down.

I bit my bottom lip, I didn’t meant to reject him like that, it’s just that, I’m not interested in dating at the moment. I don’t want to be distracted with anything but my career. And I didn’t have a very nice memory from dating.

“How about another evening?” Kyu tried again.

I took a deep breath and looked up at him, holding the album in my hand, waving it, “Thanks but no thanks. This is enough.” I said as I left him at the entrance, walking off in the direction of the train station.

He stood there, dumbfounded, unable to comprehend what just happened.

I felt bad leaving him there but I wasn’t interested at all and going to dinner would make one anticipate feelings right?

Just then, my phone rang. I looked at the caller and sighed.

“Yes Kim Mi, what do you want?” I began the moment I picked up her call.

“CHOI RAE AH! What on earth just happened? What did you walk off? Did he say something bad to you?” She rattled on.

“Kim Mi, I just turned him down in the nicest way possible. Get it?” I said as I started walking down the stairs to the train station.

“You. Turned. Down. A. Date. With. Cho. Kyu. Hyun. ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND?!’ She yelled into the phone.

I brought the phone away from my ears, her voice was pitchy.

“I’m not ready for a new relationship, Kim Mi!”

“Going out for dinner, doesn’t mean you are in a relationship!” She shouted back.

“But I’m not interested! Going to dinner will make him think I am!”

“But but but, he’s Cho Kyuhyun!”

“So? Kim Mi, we’ve talked about this before, I want to focus on my career. I don’t want anything to distract me. Even love! You knew what happened the previous time. You knew how miserable I became. My past.”

And that shut her up.