Let's Not.

A Stranger & A Packet Of Blood.

 

I sighed as I watched my mother walked out of the pantry. I slumped onto the sofa, what was I going to do?

If I told Rae Ah now that I was Hyun, will she be mad at me? I mean, she did poured out her feelings to me about her mother, even though she didn’t tell me the exact story, she did somehow came out of her shell; she wasn’t hiding away from me.

She was starting to open up to me. If I told her the truth now, will she withdraw back into her shell? Will she hate me for making her open up and yet I deceived her? She might become worse than before.

I want to help her but yet I don’t want to lie to her. Is there another way out?

I frowned as my mind drifted off about Rae Ah. This was going to be harder than I thought.

I quickly got back up and went to prepare for my stage performance.

“Where is Kyuhyun?!” My make-up artist shouted down the corridor.

I waved my hand in the air. “I’m here!” I shouted back through the crowd of nurses and doctors. Bowing at them as I brisk walked all the way to my make-up artist.

I inhaled and exhaled as I read the lyrics on the music sheet I was holding as the make-up artist did my make-up. It was one of my latest single in my new album. It was the song that was arranged by my manager for me to perform on stage today at the blood donation event.

Somehow, as I read the lyrics, I could not stop thinking of the new tune in my head. The new song that I came out with just yesterday, when I came back from Rae Ah’s house.

 

Right after returning home, I had this inspiration to compose so I sat down on the dusty piano in my living room. I had never used that piano before because I never had the need to use it until that moment.

I sat down on the piano chair and lifted up the lid, I ran my hand gently up the scales, testing the pitch; it was still perfect. I began the first line of the tune that had suggested itself to me during dinner in Rae Ah’s house, pleased that it sounded even better than I had imagined.

I added a harmonizing line, letting the central melody weave through it. I thought about how vulnerable she was bet yet she kept a brave front. The way she wanted to protect herself and others.

I let the melody lead in a new direction, following it with the bass line. The song was compelling but it was incomplete, I tried toying with a bridge but it didn’t seem right somehow.

I played for a while more before getting the bridge right; it led easily to the next movement, taking on a life of its own.

There was a story to this melody and once I saw that, the pieces fell into place effortless.

I sketched out a wordless tune harmonizing with the melody as I hummed along playing with the piano; my hands were flying across the keys now to work all the pieces together; modifying it a bit, taking it in a new direction.

But I could see the end now, I could see how the song must end, and any change at all would be wrong. The song drifted toward that realization, slower and lower now. I played the last note, and then bowed my head over the keys.

This song was perfect. Just perfect for Rae Ah.

 

I crumpled the lyrics sheet in front of me as I took out the notebook from my bag. I scribbled as fast as I could; I was going to sing it on stage for Rae Ah today. I wrote the lyrics as I thought about the tune, the way the tune was created, the story behind it. I was ready, in my outfit and make-up.

Just then, the door to my makeshift room swung opened, my head turned around as I saw Rae Ah standing at the doorway.

“Are you ready, ballad singer?” She chimed. I’ve never seen her so cheerful and carefree in the way she spoke before.

“I did a few changes to my set. I hope I don’t disappoint.” I said frankly.

“You’ll do fine. I know you will. Hmmm, that reminds me, maybe I should go look for Hyun! You two should meet.” Rae Ah said as my gaze fell.

“W-What? Oh. Hyun.” I shifted uneasily.

“Why? Is something wrong?” Rae Ah asked naively.

“You must listen to my lyrics later on, alright? It’s very important.” I said, trying to change the subject as well as dropping a hint for her.

I was going to sing my new song later on, with my set of lyrics which I just thought about. I know it’s going to be challenging but because it’s fresh in my mind, I think I can pull it off.

“Aren’t you singing your latest single?” Rae Ah asked.

I shook my head.

“You are not? Then what are you singing?” She exclaimed.

“That would be a surprise.” I said with a smirk.

“Kyuhyun! You are up in five minutes!” My manager said as he came into the room, startled to find Rae Ah in there too.

“Break a leg!” Rae Ah said as she made her way out.

I tore the piece of paper from my notebook as I folded it and placed in my blazer pocket before making my way out to the outdoor stage that was prepared for the blood donation event. My fans were all there, the entire center was filled with people, and it was so crowded.

A thought came into my mind as I went on stage.

“And so Kyuhyun will now sing a song from his latest single!” The emcee said into the microphone.

The music started and I sang, my fans sang along too, from the stage, I could see Rae Ah as she swayed to the music. I couldn’t help but smile at her and she actually smile back while waving at me.

After the song had ended, I stayed on stage to my manger’s surprise.

“Actually, I prepared something else for today.” I blurted out smiling.

“I hope you guys enjoy this.” I said before taking out the piece of paper from my pocket.

 

Why did we have to go our separate ways?

I’ve tried to push these feelings far away

But I cannot pretend that everything is fine

Won’t you change your mind?

I beg you to give us a chance

I, I refuse to think it’s all in vain

If we just try to believe that we can overcome whatever’s in our way

Let’s not lose faith by telling ourselves it just won’t work

Let’s not give up so easily and just say good-bye

The love that binds us two is stronger than you think

No matter what struggles we’d face

I just want you to know that my heart is true

Whenever things get tough and it seems it’s just too hard to bear

You can count on me to restore your faith within.

 

(Super Junior ~ Let’s Not.)

 

The fans waved their hands in the air as I sang. Throughout the song, I stared at Rae Ah, hoping she understand what I was trying to tell her.

She stared at me too but I couldn’t comprehend her expression.

“This is just a preview of a new song.” I said as I thanked my fans and left the stage quickly.

I took my backpack and ran into the washroom.

In a mask, a cap and a new outfit, I emerged out of the washroom as Hyun and threw the backpack into the room before walking out carefully.

With both hands in my pocket, I strolled out into the crowd casually, hoping they won’t notice, and thank goodness, they didn’t.

I looked around; searching for Rae Ah but I she was nowhere to be seen. Did I say something wrong on stage just now? Was she affected by what I sang?

I continued searching as I looked into the various booths that were at the outdoor carnival section; she wasn’t around. So I decided to go back into the center to find her.

I was right.

She was sitting at the reception table, head resting on her palm; daydreaming away.

“Hello.” I said as I stood in front of the reception table, directly in front of her.

She looked up straight away, eyes watering up. She was crying again?

“H-Hyun. Hey.” Her voice broke.

“Are you alright?” I asked.

She nodded her head as she looked back down, wiping her face. “I was looking all over for you! Did you just arrive?” Rae Ah choked out.

“Y-No. I came just in time to watch Cho Kyuhyun sing.” I lied smoothly.

She grimaced at the sound of my name but Rae Ah realized what she was doing and quickly recomposed herself.

“I still think that you sing better than him.” She said, staring back at me.

“You’re just pacifying me.” I .

“He’s my neighbour.” She said it more of a complaint than a compliment.

I wasn’t sure how to react to that statement.

“He is?” Was all I could think of.

“Mhmm. It’s quite pressurizing.” She confessed.

I frowned, cooking a meal for me was pressurizing? Or else, what was Rae Ah hinting at? Did she not enjoy my company at all?

“Pressurizing? In what sense is he being pressurizing to you?” I asked as I took a seat next to her, behind the reception table.

“I-I don’t think it’s polite for me to talk about others.” She answered as she shifted her attention elsewhere.

“Speaking of which, I haven’t seen him after his performance.”  Rae Ah said as I shifted nervously in my chair.

I was thinking about what to say when Rae Ah spoke instead. “Never mind, I do not want to see him now. My thoughts are so confused.” She admitted.

Confused? What did she meant by that?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey readers *waves*

This semester is going to be super duper busy! I you guys will understand if I take a while to update but I'll try to come up with one chapter per week alright? 

I hoped you enjoyed this chapter. Do commmmment!! ^^

Love love love! 

 

 

 

Xoxo.