Because I Love You.

A Stranger & A Packet Of Blood.

 

“You! You were making Rae Ah’s life so miserable previously! Why are you back? Why are you here? Why are you telling me all of this? What is your motive? Are you going to use me against Rae Ah?” I turned towards Rae Ah’s mother as I shrugged her hand off.

“It’s a long story. We had a misunderstanding. Kyuhyun, about the incident where you were admitted into the hospital. I would like to apologize for that. My right-hand man, Rae Ah’s bodyguard acted on his own without consulting me. I would like to apologize for that. I’m really sorry. I hope you are alright now.” Her mother said as she bowed.

“Wait, Rae Ah is staying with you right now? I want to see her. I need to see her.” I insisted.

“What happens if I told you she is seeing somebody else?” Her mother asked me with a lifted eyebrow.

“What?”

“You heard the question.”

“To anyone who tries to love Rae Ah the way I do. If he tries to sing her to sleep, he’ll never sing in the right tune. And don’t even get me started on when it comes to bringing her roses on a bad day. Because if he loved her a fraction of the way I do, he would know that she despises roses. Or how she can’t drink her tea too hot, because of how she severely burned her tongue that time you made her milk a little too warm when she was a child. But most of all, I despise how she might let the guy in, and fool her into a heartbreak she was never prepared for, because I too, know how that once felt. And till this day, I have not quite recovered.”

Her mother stood there in silence, showing a smile of satisfaction.

“She should be home, I guess. She doesn’t do much. It’s just yoga, home, flower arranging, and writing. And staying at the balcony all the time. She seems so lost.”

“Come, follow me.” Rae Ah’s mother took my hand as we left the building.

 

Choi Rae Ah’s POV

I hugged my knees closer to my chest. Ever since, I’ve moved back home, I have been spending a lot of time in the balcony. I wondered what Kim Mi has done to the apartment.

I looked out, the night sky was lovely. Should I go out? Mother is still not home yet, she said she had to meet an old friend, I wonder who did she meet?

I got my things, threw on a cardigan and left the house.

The night is still quite chilly, should I go grab some coffee? Or the l-latte that K-No, Rae Ah, stop that. Don’t think about him. Just go to a nearby coffeehouse and get a cup.

I walked along the pavement until I reached the traffic junction. I looked up to the traffic lights and all the lights just went off.

I looked around but there was no one and there were no cars around. Without thinking, I crossed the road.

Out of nowhere, a car was speeding down the road, the front headlights were so bright. I turned my head but it was so bright that I couldn’t see a thing. Or I could hear was the sound of the car speeding, the engine gushing and there was no sign of stopping.

I froze at the center of the road. This feeling was so familiar; I went through this feeling before. The accident that scarred me for life but this time, there was no Marcus, there was no baby and there was no Kyuhyun.

Maybe this was fate? That I had to die on the road? Through a road accident?

The sound of the horn was waking the whole neighbourhood. I closed my eyes. Waiting for the very moment that I would wake up to the ray of death.

Nothing.

Until another body came and hugged me as we fell, rolling to the side.

My eyebrows furrowed. This wasn’t how I expected death to be like. It felt so comfortable and warm. Or was this how death is like? I fluttered my eyes open as I saw a pair of familiar eyes, staring back at me.

“Rae Ah?” Kyuhyun breathed.

What was Kyuhyun doing here? I stared at his face. I missed him so badly. His face became sharper; he had lost weight.

I blinked. Unable to comprehend the situation.

“Rae Ah? Are you okay? Are you hurt anywhere? Are you in pain? Answer me! I’m so worried! Rae!” He called.

I quickly sat up in his arms. “W-What are you doing here? What h-happened?” I said as I looked around.

My mother was running towards me. What was she doing here as well? I looked over to the traffic junction, there were two cars situated at the traffic light.

I recognized one of them, it was my mother’s!

“Rae Ah! Are you alright? Thank goodness Kyuhyun pulled you out of the way! Or else you would have been injured! He was just a second too late on hitting the brakes!” My mother explained the situation quickly before running back to the other driver. They seemed to be having some sort of negotiation about whose fault it was.

I realized I was still in Kyuhyun’s arms. I turned towards him; he was still staring since just now.

“Are you alright?” He asked quietly.

I nodded my head hesitantly. He was worried about me? I thought he hated me? I thought he didn’t want to see me? I thought he was angry with me? What was he doing here at this exact moment?

“Come, let me help you up.” He said as he placed his hands around my shoulders. I looked down to his hand. There was a scratch and it was bleeding.

“Y-You’re b-bleeding.” I managed to choke it out.

He followed my gaze and shrugged it off. “I’m fine.”

I bit my bottom lip.

“I thought you were angry with me. What are you doing right now?” I blurted out.

Kyuhyun’s eyes widened.

“Why didn’t you tell me the whole truth? Why did you hide the fact that Marcus was no longer around? Why did you make me assume that you were two-timing me? I said so many hurtful words to you.” Kyuhyun said as he looked into my eyes.

“I was angry with you. I was so disappointed. Until your mother came. And woke me up from this delusion.” A tear rolled down Kyuhyun’s cheek.

My hand quickly rose and wiped the tear away. It was like a natural reflex. I didn’t know why I did that.

Somehow, my hand ended up cupping Kyuhyun’s cheek as he turned and leaned into my palm, giving it a kiss.

“I’m sorry.” He whispered.

I couldn’t control my emotions; for tears began to stream down my cheeks. I started to sob.

It was Kyuhyun’s turn to console me.

He cupped my face in between his palms, brushing the tears away. I quickly took the opportunity to take his hand and examine the scratch. I took out a packet of tissue I had in my pocket and started to clean the wound.

“Owwwww.” He whined.

“And you said you were fine. You lied.” I joked sarcastically.

“It was fine compared to the amount of pain I went through previously.” Kyuhyun muttered.

“Kyu.” I called.

“Hmmmm?” He looked up.

“I’m sorry too. I thought-…”

“I love you, Rae.” Kyuhyun cut me off.

My arms went forward to Kyuhyun’s neck as I pulled him in for a hug. I was so stupid, how could I think of myself?

“I love you too! You silly boy!” I said in between sobs as I cried over his shoulders.

Kyuhyun’s hands wrapped around my waist tightly as he patted my back.

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey readers *waves*

SJM RELEASED A NEW ALBUM TODAY. OMG. DID YOU SEE THE MV?

 

Hahahah, this dancestep appeared in Acha before! And I thought that Kyu's dancing has improved alot! Anywayyyy, FLUFFY CHAPTER!

So happy that Kyu & Rae and finally together! After such a long time, isn't it? I know the drama was really epic. Heh. The story is ending soooon, just wanna tell you guys that. 

Commmmment! ^^

Xoxo.