Bickering.

A Stranger & A Packet Of Blood.

 

“Will you be alright by yourself today? I’ve got an errand and I need to leave.” Mrs Cho said as she took her belongings.

“Oh! Of course, Mrs Cho. If you need to go, go ahead. You don’t need to worry about me. Blood donation only takes less than thirty minutes!” I smiled at her but winced immediately as I felt the needle.

She smiled as she left the room.

I closed my eyes. Today’s session seemed to take longer than usual, might as well I catch up on some sleep. I heard feet shuffling in and out and the sound of the Velcro straps. Ahh, someone else is in the room, getting ready for their session of donating blood.

“You sure she’s gone?” A voice asked.

“Yes, she just left.” Another familiar voice, the nurse I supposed answered back.

I slowly opened my eyes and looked around. There was someone sitting on the couch opposite me as the nurses helped to strap the tube to the machine. After we were left alone, I looked back up to the person.

It was a guy. Wearing a mask and a cap. He had his eyes closed. The way his eyelashes fall and rest on his skin were so pretty. I always liked to notice a person’s eyelashes first then I’ll notice their eyes.

Besides, that was the only thing I could see from his face. The rest were covered up. His skin was fair as the afternoon sun ray shone into the room.

His eye flickered opened the moment he felt the heat and they landed on mine.

I blinked.

And nodded my head with a smile.

“Is this your first time donating blood?” That was the way I broke the ice with the people in the blood donation center.

 

Cho Kyuhyun’s POV

I ran off after bumping into some girl, she kept apologizing; I was in a rush so I didn’t bothered saying anything else. I caught sight of her face slightly and she looked kind of cute. 

Why must my mother be there at the blood donation center whenever I want to donate my blood?

She keeps on wanting to introduce girls to me, it’s getting annoying. Plus, I’m a celebrity; I’ve got an image to uphold over here.

I’m Cho Kyuhyun, a ballad singer in the music industry, I’m twenty-six years old this year and my mum likes to work at the blood donation center.

Her parents, who are my grandparents died because during their time, there was not enough blood in the hospital to save the both of them. Thus my mother felt a need to donate her blood to the hospital ever since. And she also encouraged me to do so.

After passing the legal age to donate blood, I’ve been donating blood regularly; making me the blood donor ambassador as well.

I remembered mother had an errand today so I decided to turn around and go back to the blood donation center and I was right!

There was the replacement person at the reception table and I breathed a sigh of relief. I quickly put on my mask and cap to avoid the paparazzi since they are everywhere, being in the media all the time is so tiring.

The person took my card and scanned it, and immediately looked up and me as I nodded my head slightly; trying to not attract attention.

Thank God the senior nurse came out; she was like a guardian to me at the blood donation center, knowing how I hated donating blood when my mother was around.

“Ky-Hello!” She immediately changed her greeting when she saw me tugging on my cap and mask.

I glared at her when she almost spilled my name off her lips. I nodded and followed her into the room.

“You sure she’s gone?” I asked as I walked in, noticing that there was another person in the room, donating her blood as well.

Her clothes looked familiar though.

She sat there on the couch opposite mine with her eyes shut. I looked over to her machine; she just started a while ago.

“Yes, she just left.” The senior nurse replied with a smile, nodding her head over to the girl while showing me a thumbs up action before passing me a stress ball and a blanket.

I shook my head as I closed my eyes while the process started.

I felt someone staring at me as the afternoon sun ray shone into the room onto my skin. I opened my eyes to see the girl staring right back at me. I stared back.

And she blinked before nodding her head and curling her lips up to a smile.

Isn’t she the girl whom I bumped into a while ago? I was kind of harsh to her though.

She doesn’t recognize me because of my disguise, I supposed.

“Is this your first time donating blood?” She suddenly asked.

“Is this your first time?” I replied her sharply.

She seemed quite taken aback that instead of replying her question, I had thrown her another one. But she broke into a smile as she continued to squeeze the stress ball.

“Nope. I’ve been donating blood for two years now!” She proudly boasted.

I snorted at her. “Only two?” I said.

Her jaw dropped at my remark. “Yah! How about you?!” She replied.

“I’ve been donating blood since I turned eighteen.” My turn to boast.

She narrowed her eyes at me, “And how old are you now?”

“Twenty-six.”

She must have been mentally counting the number of years in her head. “Twenty-six, so that means you have been donating for e-eight years?!” She exclaimed.

I smirked though she can’t see it.

‘Aishh, why am I telling you about my age and all?” I whispered harshly.

“You started it!” She rebuked as she continued to stare at me but I saw her winced in pain as her hand shifted; she must have felt the needle.

“Owwwww.” She whined.

“Stop fidgeting.” I replied back coldly.

I felt a bit sorry for her though, she got so worked up trying to answer me when she started a friendly conversation and she suffered pain because I was just being, myself.

“I’m trying not to!” She retorted, biting her bottom lip.

Just then the senior nurse came back.

“What’s going on here?” She asked with a lifted eyebrow, eyeing her glare at me.

“What?! I didn’t do anything.” I defended myself.

The girl opposite me glared straight back to me as I spoke. “He provoked me.” She said innocently.

“What! I didn’t-.” I talked back.

“Kids. Stop it. She’s hurting.” The senior nurse quickly cut me off, shaking her head gently in my direction as her eyes shifted to the girl’s hand.

It was starting to bruise badly. I could see a faded blackish blue colour forming near on the skin around the needle. Behind my mask, I bit my lip. I went through that pain before, it was excruciating.

My eyes shifted from her arm to her fingers, she was gripping the blanket real tight; her knuckles turning white. Crap, now I feel real bad.

“Rae Ah, think about something else, don’t focus on the pain.” The senior nurse said as she was holding a cotton wool against the girl’s hand, trying to stop the blood flow. So her name is Rae Ah?

Rae Ah needs a distraction quickly.

I sighed as I closed my eyes and started singing for her.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey readers *waves*

Hehehehe, 30 subscribers already! Thank you for fervently supporting me whenever I have a new story! Happy to see new subscribers too! :)

I guess this is a rather different approach I brought upon Kyu, I'm finally bringing out the evilKyu in him. Heheh. But of course, there will be another side, a softer side to him.

How's the story so far? Is it different from the rest of my stories? Hahah.

COMMENT! ^^

 

 

Xoxo.