Confession.

A Stranger & A Packet Of Blood.

 

I was at the vending machine, deciding on my drink when I spotted Kyuhyun down the hallway. He caught my eye as I quickly look back to the vending machine. After Kyuhyun’s performance, I didn’t manage to meet him and Hyun came to keep me company. But Hyun said he had to leave early and I was thinking of grabbing a drink before leaving the center as well.

Why was I feeling this way? Was it because of what Kyuhyun sang? That short piece of new music he had created? He was staring at me throughout, was that song meant for me?

But why would it be for me? Who am I to him? He had no reason to write or create a song for me.

What am I thinking?! I shouldn’t even be thinking about this!

I bend down to collect my can drink as I noticed a pair of feet standing next to me.

I took a deep breath before straightening my back and looking up.

“Hey.” Kyuhyun sang.

“Hello.” I returned the greeting as I turned and walked towards the entrance.

“Where’re you going?” Kyuhyun asked as he came to walk by my side.

I opened the can drink and took a sip as I continued walking, “I’m leaving.” I said.

That’s when Kyuhyun walked forward and stood in front of me, blocking my way.

I looked at him, puzzled at his actions.

“I’m sorry.” He whispered as he hung his head down, looking towards the floor.

I was taken aback. All these while, I was the one saying sorry, I was the one feeling apologetic whenever anything happened. I felt the need to say sorry even though I wasn’t in the wrong, regardless of the situation.

Now, standing before me, a famous ballad singer, apologizing to me for whatever reason I wasn’t sure of.

Kyuhyun had been nice to me ever since the beginning when I first met him on the red carpet. He doesn’t use his popularity as a conversation starter; rather he seemed like an ordinary person when we’re together. He never questioned things that crossed any personal boundary, he sometimes only requested for things that were a bit out of hand.

There was this growing burning feeling in my heart as I stared at the man standing in front of me.

My cold heart that had been frozen for two years had started to melt. It w as starting to beat again.

Maybe that’s why I was feeling confused earlier on when I was talking to Hyun. I was starting to like Kyuhyun, more than a friend. He gave me an extraordinary feeling that I have never felt before when I was with anyone else.

My right hand unknowingly rose and landed on his chin, bringing his face up to look at me.

His eyes widened at the contact that I was touching his chin.

“Why are you saying sorry, Kyu?” I asked him, fingertips still on his chin. He seemed to be at lost for words, opening and closing his mouth, searching for things to say.

I withdrew my hand but Kyu was faster, he quickly grabbed my hand in his. His hand was so cold; I looked down at our entwined hands and gazed back at him.

“I meant what I sang just now.” Kyu said softly, his eyes staring deeply back at me.

“Why me?”

“Because you were the one who fell right in front of me, right in front so I could catch you.” He replied.

I blinked.

“What d-did you say?” I said it more for an affirmation.

Kyu sighed as his other hand rested on top of our hands together. “Rae Ah, you need to have more confidence in yourself.”

Oh right, how vulnerable I was when I broke into tears right in front of Kyu but that was a one time thing, wasn’t it? It wasn’t as if Kyu had caught me crying more than once, the only thing he knew was the argument I had with my mother but that information itself was not detailed.

He seemed to know me more than I expected him to. Was I such an easy person to read? I thought I could hide everything, I guess I was wrong.

Then again, Kyu gives off such a warmth feeling, like I’ve met him more than the number of times I know. The feeling is so familiar to someone else that I know.

“I-I’m not sure, Kyu.” I answered honestly.

“What are you not sure of?” He replied instantly.

“My previous relationship wasn’t exactly-..”

“That’s in the past. Trust me.” Kyu said as he started to rub my hand with his thumb.

The way Kyu said it was so convincing, it made me liked him even more.

“Can I trust you?” I blurted out.

That’s when Kyu slowly lift up my hand and brought it to his lips and lightly pecked my hand, eyes on me throughout. His lips grazed my hand so softly that it tickled.

I’ve only known this man for such a short period of time but he made me feel as though, I’ve known him my entire life. The way he made my heart pound so hard against my chest; it was as though my rib cage was so tight for my heart to be conceal.

I started to blush at Kyu’s action. I mean, this was the first time anyone had ever did that to me and the feeling was refreshing. In addition, it was a guy who kissed my hand. A guy that I just started to have feelings for.

“I like you, Rae Ah.” Kyu confessed. My eyes narrowed at him; to see if he was joking. He wasn’t.

“Ever since that day you rejected my dinner date, I was attracted to you.” He continued.

I tried to muffle a laugh when he spoke, that was a very fond memory. If I didn’t reject his offer for dinner, he wouldn’t have spent a meal at my house. And I would have missed the chance for such a great company. That also includes the conversation that we had.  You know how a certain environment brings out a certain set of feelings? I wouldn’t be sure if we could have the same conversation if we went out for dinner.

“Kyu.” I called.

He nodded his head at me.

“I-I need time. This is too fast.” I told him.

“I wasn’t expecting you to give me an answer so quickly, I was just telling you how I felt, I feel that you should have the right to know; I like you.” Kyu said.

“Take your time. I mean, you do like me as a person right?”

“Of course. Or I wouldn’t have invited you to my house for dinner.” I retorted.

“Then, take your time. I’ll try my best.” Kyu said confidently.

 

Try my best.

 

I looked up at Hyun, “Try your best? Shouldn’t you promise not to tell anyone since it would be a secret?” I asked with a lifted eyebrow.

“Promises were made to be broken so why should I promise you when I’ll break it sooner or later. So the best phrase is I will try my best.” He replied with a shrug.

 

They were so similar.

 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey reader *waves*

Please forgive me for not updating after such a while! So here's a chapter for you! I hope you enjoyed it!~ 

Remember to commmment!

 

^^

 

Xoxo.