The Proposal

A Stranger & A Packet Of Blood.

 

I opened my eyes.

 

And got a huge shock of my life.

 

I blinked once. Twice. Thrice.

 

Kyuhyun was here beside me. I still can’t imagine that he was here; right beside me.

 

How can anyone so beautiful and perfect be in my arms? I didn’t know how to answer that question and I guess I will never know.

 

“Stop blinking.” Kyuhyun said with his eyes closed.

 

“You are making my chin itch.”

 

He was awake?!

 

I closed my eyes immediately and mumbled some low sounds to act like I was asleep.

 

“I know you woke up.” He continued. “Don’t try to pretend.”

 

I opened my eyes to stare at Kyuhyun to find him staring right back at me.

 

“Good morning.” He breathed before kissing my nose.

 

I broke into a smile as I placed my hand on his cheek. “How are you so perfect?” I blurted out.

 

“Of course, I am. I am perfect because of you.” He replied as he placed a hand over mine on his cheek.

 

I looked around; I fell asleep with Kyuhyun in the living room, on the sofa. I snuggled closer to Kyuhyun, placing my head on his chest, smelling in his scent as I wrapped my arms around his torso tightly.

 

“Holding me so tightly? You’re not nervous at all?” He said as he too wrapped his arms around me.

 

“Someone’s heart is pounding loudly. I know it isn’t mine, so is it yours?” I .

 

Kyuhyun laughed.

 

Just then, my mother strolled into the living room.

 

“Oh my goodness! You guys fell asleep on the sofa?” She asked as we quickly sat up.

 

“Good morning, aunty.” Kyuhyun said as he stood up and bowed.

 

“Rae Ah fell asleep in my arms yesterday night and I didn’t want to wake her up so we both fell asleep on the sofa.” He explained as I watched him with widened eyes.

 

“It’s okay, I understand. It’s all part of growing up and dating.” My mother said as she left for the kitchen.

 

I reached out and hold Kyuhyun’s hand as I was still sitting on the sofa, he turned and looked at me.

 

“What was that all about?” I squeezed his hand.

 

Kyuhyun sat back on the sofa, next to me, not letting go of my hand. “Showing off our love?” Kyuhyun said with a twinkle in his eye.

 

While I let my jaw dropped.

 

“Kidding. Your mother puts her trust in me, I should be sensitive to that trust.” He continued after seeing my shock face.

 

I thought for a while.

 

“Kyu?”

 

“Hmmmm?”

 

“About that connecting door between our apartments…..?”

 

 

Three months later.

 

 

“Okay! You guys are doing a great job! Miss Choi, place your hand there, and look towards Mr Cho please. Yes yes. Maybe you guys can get a little closer. Okay, perfect! Look far and beyond! Okay!” The photographer shouted as he snapped the shot.

 

“Okay! Nice! I’ll be changing the film, take five minutes break!” The photographer shouted.

 

I let out a sigh of relief as I turned to Kyuhyun who was sweating too. I quickly called for the assistant and took a piece of tissue paper from her.

 

“Kyu!” I called as he turned towards me.

 

I started placing the tissue paper on his cheek as I patted the sweat off. “You’re sweating so much. Nervous?” I said as I smiled at him.

 

“Of course! This is the first time I’m doing a photo shoot with you!” He said.

 

“I know right! I’m so excited! I’m so anxious on how the shots will come out!” I added.

 

 “You do know it will be published through the whole country, right? It will be on billboards and bus stop notices. You do know that right?” He asked.

 

“What?! I thought it was just going to be in the blood donation center?” I shrieked.

 

“Just going to be in the blood donation center? Excuse me, Miss Choi Rae Ah. Since we’re doing this photo shoot as the blood donation ambassadors, it has to be published everywhere! I want to show you off to the entire world, you know.” Kyuhyun said as he placed his hands on my waist and pulled me closer to him.

 

Seriously? I thought it was really just going to be on the walls of the blood donation center. I had no idea that this photo shoot was basically aiming empty spaces of the country. My photo shoot with Kyuhyun as blood donation ambassadors was going to be everywhere!

 

After everything was finished, Kyuhyun and I thanked all the people involved in the set and left the studio quickly.

 

“So now, it’s date time!” He sang as he swung our hands back and forth like a child.

 

I laughed, “Since we’re nearby, I’m craving for a mug of ice cold Himalayan Tea Latte. Shall we?” I asked him. The winter weather was over and the weather was getting warmer.

 

Kyuhyun turned towards me and nodded his head, grinning.

 

We walked down the street as people turned their heads, recognizing Kyuhyun at once and the whispers started.

 

For the first time in my life, I made it to the front page of a news paper. Just last week, I was being featured at Kyuhyun’s mystery girlfriend. Which he publicized to the media a day after.

 

I definitely received a huge amount of anti mails and hate comments which I was super upset about but Kyuhyun had assured me and there was a small group of his fans which supported him and I thought that was enough. So now, we have come clean with our relationship and the hate comments are dying off.

 

I sat by the corner as Kyuhyun went ahead to order the drinks. Ever since we were together, we made it a point to have out secret drink once a week. Since his friend at the café kind of gave Kyuhyun a buy-one-get-one-free discount automatically. The café was kind of dim today, was a light bulb going to fuse?

 

Just then, the lights out and from the corner of the café, somebody was holding onto a cake with one lit candle in the middle of it.

 

Kyuhyun was holding onto the cake as he made his way to our table.

 

Was this the moment that I have been waiting for?

 

As he stood in front of me, the lights came out, revealing him and the cake. It was a customized cake; a shape of a box and it in was the ring.

 

I gasped as I saw the ring; it made everything more real. I looked up to Kyuhyun who was beaming.

 

“Rae Ah, just now when we were at the photo shoot studio, I was just imagining it as our wedding shoot. I could already see it in my head. I will try my best to make you happy forever. Let’s grow old together, shall we?” He said with a grin.

 

I continued to stare at him with widened eyes. My mind seemed to have blanked out for the entire time.

 

“So, here I am. Do you remember when you bumped into me? For real, that was an unforgettable incident. You stared at me with your big wide, beautiful eyes and I couldn’t help but feel nervous. You didn’t know it, right?”

 

“When you fell asleep on my shoulder, when we sang together, when I saw you across my apartment, when you started to walk further from me, when I realized that I’ve falling in love with you, when I confessed my feeling toward you for the first time, when you returned my feeling, when you were mad at me, when you smiled at me, when you talked to me, when you cried, when you always hold your feelings instead of showing them to me, when I almost let you slipped away from my hand, when you showed me how to love a person, I remember it all.”

 

“It’s really hard to forget. I hope you won’t feel tired hearing this word. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. You are the only girl, the only one in my life. You are truly the reason I live. When you want to cry, you can lean on me. I’m going to send my heart to you every single day. Please let me stay by your side. You are my song, my life’s soundtrack. I want to be your last. Even though I’m lacking, I’ll protect you.”

 

“You are my sun flower. You are the most beautiful to me.”

 

“So at the end of my long confession, I want to say something.”

 

“Happy birthday, Choi Rae Ah. I wish to celebrate your birthday every year and forever.”

 

The tears streamed down my eyes endlessly, like a tap.

 

That was when Kyuhyun placed the cake on the table and took out the ring, bending a knee in front of me.

 

“Choi Rae Ah, will you marry me?”

 

“You have no idea how long I’ve been waiting for this moment! Yes! I will!” I said as I stood up as Kyuhyun stood up too. He placed the ring on my finger as he kissed my hand.

 

Wiping away my tears, Kyuhyun pulled me in for a hug.

 

Cheers surrounded us as I heard a familiar voice screamed, “CONGRATS RAE AH!”

 

I looked up from Kyuhyun’s shoulders and saw Kim Mi, my mother, Mrs Cho, and the volunteers from the blood donation center. Everybody I knew was there and they were cheering and clapping!

 

“You guys knew about this?” I said as I pulled away from Kyuhyun while he kept me close to him as he placed his hand on my waist.

 

“Of course!” Was the reply.

 

That’s when I saw the decorations in the café, there were balloons and party strings hung up, a huge banner with “I love you, Choi Rae Ah!” hung above the bar counter at the cashier and a lot of confetti.

 

I turned to Kyuhyun, “Thank you.” I said as I pecked his cheek.

 

“Thank you, for agreeing to marry me.” His lips curled widely.

 

 

 

With that, I slithered my hands up to Kyuhyun’s neck as I stood on my tiptoes and placed my lips on his.

 

 

 

 

The End.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey readers *waves*

The story has finally ended but not for long! Because there will be a SEQUEL! Hehehehe.

^^

How exciting! This has been a long journey! My first time, breaking the 20 odd chapters and hitting more than 30 chapters! Thank you for your support & love & comments! I hope I have improved throughout the story and I hope that you guys enjoyed the story as much I enjoyed writing it! Please do support my other stories and anticipate the SEQUEL! Hehehe. 

Special thanks to my best friend, Sharon~ who is my number one fan! Hahah, thank you for your publishing skills! ;) 

To Grace, for actually promoting the idea of writing a sequel or else I would not have decided to do it. 

To Walla&Wallz, for your constant support & love & inspiration. 

To Karman, who has shared lots of ideas for me and I had such a hard time deciding which was a better plot for this story! Thank you!

To SujuDonghae123 who has been my number one reader since the beginning of my writing existance. Thank you for your constant support and feedback! 

To Kyuhyunslips who fangirls with me most of the time! Hehehehe. The moments. 

To Sungmin_pumpkin96 who is such an adorable dongseng! 

To Fitria for two lovely posters! 

And to everybody else who have contributed to this story in one way or another! Thank you to my subscribers and friends! :) Without you guys, there will be no story. Heheh, okay I should shut up now and get started on the SEQUEL. 

Xoxo.