The Photograph.

A Stranger & A Packet Of Blood.

 

“Coming!” I heard Kyuhyun shouted as I pressed his doorbell. I swiftly brushed my fringe behind my ear and looked down at my clothes.

 

Looking back up when the door swung opened. “You are late!” Kyuhyun pouted as he held my hand as I walked in.

 

“Kyuhyun, I live next door. How late can I be?” I said as I placed a bag of wrapped presents under his Christmas tree. Kyuhyun was peering into it as I dragged him away from the Christmas tree.

 

“Are all those for me?” He said, eyes gleaming.

 

“Are you being too greedy? How can all those presents be for you?!” I said as I made my way to the kitchen.

 

“It’s Christmas! You mean, they are all not for me?” He frowned as he came behind and back-hugged me.

 

I sighed into the hug as I turned my head slightly to look at him. “Okay okay, majority of the presents in the bag is for you but there’s one for your mother and one for your manager. Happy now?” I said as I placed my hand over his.

 

Kyuhyun lifted an eyebrow, “One for my mother and one for my manager? Why did you get them presents? They don’t need anything.” He said as we rocked from right to left.

 

“Kyuhyun. It’s Christmas.” I , repeating his phrase from earlier on.

 

“I’m sure they will like it. What did you get for me?” He asked, turning me around.

 

“Do you want to open them now?” I encouraged him.

 

“You got me more than one present?” Kyuhyun asked as he rested his hands on my hip.

 

I nodded my head, smiling gleefully. “I thought I should get one for Kyu and one for Hyun. You know what I mean? So I got you two presents.” I said sarcastically.

 

Kyuhyun’s eyes widened as I brought his double identity issue up. “I think they will enjoy your present.” He said as he pulled me back to the Christmas tree.

 

“You’re so anxious! You have to wait patiently for your gifts!” I said as I laughed.

 

“But this is the first time I’m celebrating Christmas with… someone…you know…this is the first time…I’m..” Kyuhyun struggled to continue.

 

“This is your first time celebrating Christmas with a date?” I asked directly to the point.

 

He nodded his head in embarrassment which made me smile to myself.

 

I took the bag and brought out his mother’s and his manager’s present and placed them under the tree, then I gave him the bag, containing his presents.

 

He took the bag excitedly and took out the first gift. I held onto my breath as he unwrapped the present while watching me.

 

“Don’t keep on staring at me, look where you’re tearing at!” I pointed out to him.

 

“I’m just so excited!” He said.

 

He unwrapped the gift and pulled out a box. “Open it.” I said.

 

He opened the present and pulled out a shawl. “You made this yourself?” He asked me.

 

“Mhmm. I knitted this myself.” I said, taking the shawl from his hand and placing it around his neck.

 

“I hope this will be useful for you. To keep you warm at all times. And for you to think of me often.” I said as I arranged the shawl.

 

“I love it. It’s perfect. Thank you.” Kyuhyun said as he enveloped me into a hug.

 

“So this was the reason why you said you couldn’t come over for dinner this entire week?” Kyuhyun whispered into my ear.

 

I nodded into the hug as I wrapped my arms around his waist and pulled him closer to me. “You better treasure this shawl, this is the first time I have ever knitted anything for someone.” I said as I pulled away.

 

Kyuhyun, feeling overconfident, leaned in and pecked my cheek as I gasped in shock.

 

“This is the first time I’m receiving such a gift too. Thank you, Rae Ah.” He breathed as he rested his hand on my waist.

 

“Okay, the second present!” I said as I took out the second gift from the bag and placed the empty bag down.

 

 “You shouldn’t have gone through the trouble of getting me two presents, Rae Ah.” Kyuhyun said, as he rubbed my side.

 

“Do you want me to keep it?” I asked.

 

“Nooo. I want it!” He quickly answered.

 

I giggled as I gave him a medium size envelope with a red and green bow stuck at the top.

 

“My second gift is a Christmas card?” Kyuhyun asked curiously.

 

I shrugged my shoulder as I smiled at him. Kyuhyun removed his hand at my waist as he took hold of the envelope with two hands.

 

He pulled out a thin photo frame. In it was a piece of writing. A piece of writing that I have written a while ago. I had written it on a piece of paper and placed it in a photo frame for Kyuhyun. He sang me a song before and I felt I need to reciprocate that gesture that he did.

 

 

Where do I start from, where it all begin?

No, it doesn’t make any sense, this freedom that I have

See I’m not the same anymore,

Since you walk right through the doors,

I just can’t explain.

 

The moment that you walked into my life,

What a pleasant surprise when you opened my eyes.

The moment when you step into my life,

When the world was black and white,

You put the colour back into my life.

 

Kyuhyun read through the short prose before looking back up at me as I watched him.

 

“You wrote this?”

 

“Why? You don’t like it?” I asked anxiously.

 

“Rae Ah, you have no idea how much this means to me. I’m going to put this in my room right smack on the wall in front of my bed so when I wake up every morning, I will be able to see this.” Kyuhyun pulled me to him.

 

Kissing my hair, he rested his forehead on mine as I closed my eyes and placed my arms around him.

 

Before I could open my eyes, I felt something soft on my lips as my eyes flickered open immediately; Kyuhyun was kissing me. He was being so gentle with me, as he closed his eyes and softly placed his lips on mine before pulling away.

 

I will not run away anymore.

 

As I closed my eyes and leaned in and pulled Kyuhyun in for another kiss.

 

We were both gasping for air as I pulled away as I blushed crimson red furiously.

 

“You taste like peppermint tea.” I said as I broke the silence as we both burst out laughing.

 

“Now for my gift.” Kyuhyun said as he placed his hand in his pocket and pulled out a silver thin chain with a pendant hanging right at the bottom.

 

It was a musical note with floral carvings on it.

 

“I thought this pendant represents the both of us quite nicely. And when I saw it, I thought of you. That’s why I got this for you. May I?” Kyuhyun said as he held the chain towards my neck.

 

I stared at the pendant; it was gorgeous. Such a delicate piece of metal.

I pulled my hair to a side as Kyuhyun stepped closer and wore the chain for me.

 

“Kyuhyun, this is such a lovely present. Thank you.” I said, breaking into a small smile as I touched the metal pendant on my neck.

 

“Merry Christmas, Rae Ah.” He said as he brushed my fringe behind my ear.

 

“Merry Christmas, Kyuhyun.” I said as I took the initiative to hug him this time round.

 

 

Cho Kyuhyun’s POV

 

I was on the way back home from a schedule and decided to just go round the corner to the grocer to pick up a few stuff. Maybe I could cook dinner tonight and invite Rae Ah over. We have been going over to each other’s apartments so often; I think our side of the level is actually one whole big apartment. Like we live in a house but we have separate rooms and stuff.

 

As I walking casually to the grocer, tugging onto the shawl that Rae Ah gave me, this huge beefy guy clad in all black came and stopped me. I thought he was just a drunkard and tried to shrug him off but he kept stopping me.

 

So I took a look at his face and I stopped. If my memory didn’t fail me, he was the same guy who was at the grocer when Rae Ah and I were having our late-night shopping date; the one when I held her hand in my jacket pocket.

 

 

I glanced over to the tall man clad in black; his eyes were glued onto a target. I followed his watchful stare and saw a smiling Rae Ah at the bread section.

I felt uneasy immediately as I quickly called her back to my side. “Rae Ah!” The man turned to look at me as I looked back at him with a small smile.

He left quickly after noticing my presence.

 

He was stalking Rae Ah! I remembered his face.

 

“I got something for you.” He spoke in a deep low voice.

 

“Who are you? What do you want from me? Why would you have something for me? I don’t know you. Are you Marcus?!” I thought of the first name that came to my mind. Rae Ah had mentioned about this name before. Could this guy be Marcus? I watched the guy intently as I saw him raised an eyebrow when I called him ‘Marcus’. This must be the guy.

 

“How do you know Marcus?” He asked me, surprised.

“Aren’t you Marcus? Who are you?” I retorted.

 

“Looks like Ms Rae Ah have been keeping secrets from you. And you still want to be with her!” The man sneered at me.

 

Secrets? Ms Rae Ah? Why did he address Rae Ah in that manner? What did he meant by secrets? Was he some kind of bodyguard? Rae Ah’s mother! I’ve met her once and that interaction was not pleasant at all. From what Rae Ah had said so far, my impression of her mother was like the evil step-mother in the fairytale of Cinderella however, this was her actual mother instead.

 

It seemed like her mother wanted to make things difficult for her but still wanted her daughter to be safe? I’m suspecting the mother might not be in the right frame of mind. I mean, which mother would do all so much just to hurt her own beloved daughter? Unless Rae Ah is adopted? That can’t be true, right? Did Rae Ah commit some huge crime? That her mother would act that way to her?

 

“What do you mean?” I questioned the bulky guy.

 

The guy pulled out a photograph from his back pocket and showed it to me.  It was a picture of another man. With his hand slung around a woman; Rae Ah?

 

They were both smiling happily as they emerged out from a café. They looked like a perfect couple anywhere.

 

“This is Marcus.” The guy said as he shoved the photograph into my hands.

 

“Ask Ms Rae Ah. She would definitely tell you more. After all, she loved him so much.” The guy said before turning around and disappeared quickly into the back alley.

 

Loved him so much? I clutched onto the photograph as I stared at the faces in it.

 

I wanted to ask Rae ah so badly what was going on but I felt I needed to be rational. When I first met Rae Ah, she had so many insecurities and maybe this could be one of them? Unless they are still meeting each other?

 

How should I bring up this topic? I thought as I clutched onto the photograph tightly. 

 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey readers! *waves*

MERRRRRY CHRISTMAS! I thought of surprising you guys with a chapter today! Heh. Enjoy your holidays and enjoy this chapter~!

I'll be going away from the 27th to the 1st of January! So I won't be updating for one whole weeeek!

Commmment! Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee~  

 

   

 

 

Xoxo.