Coincidence.

A Stranger & A Packet Of Blood.

 

“Anyway, she’ll be there at the upcoming promotional event!” My mother said too excitedly.

“I know.” I mumbled.

“You do?!” She exclaimed.

I got a shock. “I-I. You just said it.” I tried my best to save myself.

“Kyu, please, for your mother. Just meet this girl alright? She’s really sweet. And I really have this good feeling about her. Trust your mother on this.” My mother said as I started washing the dishes.

She has completely no idea I’ve long met Rae Ah and we’re on talking terms. If I told her, I think she would flip.

“Alright. This is the last time.” I told her with a smile that she couldn’t see. Washing the dishes suddenly felt like a happy thing to do.

 

My mother left a while later, complaining at the door that I better be on my best behavior on the day of the promotional event.

How shall I face her on that day? With the cap and the mask as Hyun, the mystery singer she met at the blood donation center or should I just go bare-faced as Cho Kyuhyun, the famous ballad singer?

Aishhhhh.

Will she be angry if she found out I was the same person? Will she be upset? I think for the time being, I shall not reveal who I really am. I think if I did, she won’t speak as comfortably as she is doing so now. Not as if she told me everything about herself but I think she’s fine being with me for the moment.

Hmmmm. How can I get us to be closer?

But she’s only close to Hyun. What if Cho Kyuhyun got close to her as well? Will she accept him?

I’ve no schedules tomorrow. Shall I make a trip down to the yoga studio?

 

Choi Rae Ah’s POV

I was walking back to my apartment  after getting my own dinner when I spotted a familiar lady leaving the building. She seemed so much like Mrs Cho from the blood donation center.

Was it her?

I narrowed my eyes at the lady. She was Mrs Cho!

“Mrs Cho!” I called out, waving my hand as the lady turned her head around.

“Rae Ah?!” She greeted me enthusiastically.

“Mrs Cho! What are you doing here?” I asked her since she told me where she lived before and it wasn’t here.

“I came to visit my son…” Her voice faded as she stared at me before staring back at the apartment building.

“Don’t tell me you lived in that building?” She said as she pointed to my apartment building.

I nodded my head with a smile as I saw her pointing.

“Aigoo. Really!” She said as she clapped her palms together with a big grin on her face.

“Why? Does your son live there too?” I asked innocently.

“Oh yes! He does! Oh my goodness. The two of you are really fated! Which level do you live on?”

“I stay on the third floor.” I said without hesitating. I wonder why Mrs Cho and her son don’t live together.

“Are you serious, Rae Ah! My son lives on the third floor too!!! You guys have never met each other?” Mrs Cho said as her grin got wider.

My eyes widened. Her son lived on the third floor too? Each level had four apartments. I knew the one opposite me was an old Korean lady who lived with her dogs. And the apartment next to her was a family of four; an English couple and their pair of identical girl twins.

Now that I thinking of the people living on the same level as I, I’ve never met the person living directly next to my apartment. Never in my life that I’ve lived here, have I met the person staying next to me.

I’ve seen a guy going in and out of the apartment before but I’ve no idea who was the owner of the apartment. But there was definitely someone staying in there. I’ve made multiple guesses about the owner but in my opinion, I think the owner was a musician. By the countless of times where I heard music being played, especially in the middle of the night.

Could that guy be her son?

“I’ve never seen your son before unless he’s English, married and have children.”  I replied in all honesty.

Mrs Cho laughed in her usual way.

“Why would I want to introduce to you my son if he’s married and have children? Aigoo. Rae Ah! You’re so adorable.” Mrs Cho said as I smiled at my own silly self.

“That’s true.” I said as I bit my bottom lip.

‘Ahh! I forgot to pass him these set of keys. Do you mind passing it for me? I got to go. Thank you.” Mrs Cho requested as she dropped a bunch of keys into my hands.

“Oh? Alright. No worries, Mrs Cho!” I said as I waved to her one last time before entering the apartment building.

So Mrs Cho’s son lives next to me? Such a coincidence. I twirled the bunch of keys around my index finger as I made my way up to the third floor.

Standing in front of the apartment that I’ve walked pass everyday for the last two years of my life. I’ve never really observed this apartment before. Anyway, I’ve never seen Mrs Cho’s son before. Since she said I will see him at the promotional event, might as well just say hi and we’re neighbours after all.

 I rang the doorbell and waited.

No one answered. I rang it again.

Suddenly the door swung opened, with a guy standing in his pajamas and a white tee with a towel around his neck. He was still drying his hair which was a mess and I couldn’t see the face.

“Sometimes, I wonder how you became my manager!” He said, face covered with the towel. He thought I was his manager? Manager? Was he some kind of recording artiste?

“But I’m not your manager.” I answered back.

He took his towel off his face and looked up.

“You!”

“You!”

We both said at the same time.

Standing in front of me in his pajamas with a white tee and a towel round his neck was the ballad singer?

What’s his name again? Mrs Cho’s son. Ahh, yes, Cho Kyuhyun!

Cho Kyuhyun is Mrs Cho’s son? Mrs Cho’s son is Cho Kyuhyun?

Cho Kyuhyun was my neighbour and I never knew that?

So the person going in and out of his apartment was his manager?

I blinked.

This was going to be more difficult than I thought it would be. I rejected him just now for a meal.  Mrs Cho wanted to introduce me to her son who by coincidence was a famous ballad singer in the local music industry?

No one told me that.

“What are you doing here?” He said breaking the awkward silence.

“I should be asking the same question. I live next door.” I said it more of a statement than an explanation.

His eyes widened as I spoke. “Y-You live next d-door?” He said in astonishment.

I nodded my head.

“But I’ve never seen you around.” He remarked.

“And I’ve never seen you around either.” I replied him back.

He turned towards me suddenly. “I’m sorry for making you stand there, would you like to come in?” He said, invitingly.

“No it’s alright.” I waved my hand. “I bumped into your mother when I was on my way back at the lobby-..” I started explaining since I needed to give him the keys.

“You met my mother?! How do you know my mother?!” He interrupted me. He seemed nervous.

“I’m a regular at the blood donation center that she works at.” I continued.

“Ahhh. So you’re the girl that she wants to introduce me to. How coincidental.” The ballad singer smirked.

“She told you that? She told me the same thing; like she wants to introduce her son to me.” I said.

The ballad singer laughed and for once, I thought I heard bells ringing; his voice indeed had a certain quality to it that I didn’t hear through the album. Maybe because he was there, right in front of me.

“I’m sorry about my mother. She’s just worried for me. I hope she didn’t make you feel uncomfortable.” I said.

“No she didn’t. She’s like my best friend at the blood donation center. You’re lucky to have such an adorable mother.” I said, thinking about my own, the comparison was too large.

“Anyway. I bumped into her and she said she forgot to pass you this just now.” I said stretching out my hand with the bunch of keys at my fingertips.

He stared at me before looking at what was I holding. He stared for a while. I sighed as I stretched out my other hand, taking his hand and turned his palm upwards, facing the ceiling.

“There.” I said, dropping the set of keys into his palm while he continued blinking at the keys.

“My job here is done. Your welcome.” I said as I turned to leave.

“Thanks for dropping by! Rae Ah!” The ballad singer said.

I whipped my head around. “How do you know my name?”

“I asked for your name when I pulled you backstage after you fell in front of me, remember?” The ballad singer said with shock plastered over his face.

“Oh yeah, I forgot. Sorry.”

“How was your evening?” He asked; my plans for the evening, my fake plans.

“My plans worked out fine. Thanks for asking. I should go.” I said.

“Well then, goodnight, neighbour.” He sang in an unfamiliar tune as he closed his main door.

I breathed a sigh of relief as I stood in front of my own apartment door.

What am I going to do?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey readers *waves*

Another update just for you guys! Hehehehe. How's the story progressing? Is the pace fine? Give me your feedback & opinion by commenting! :) 

 

Xoxo.