Pushing The Boundary.

A Stranger & A Packet Of Blood.

 

I rubbed my eyes as the sunlight shone straight into my bedroom; it’s been such a while since I slept for this long. Having no schedules today was definitely a good idea.

I got out of bed as I dragged myself to the kitchen, opening the refrigerator as I took out the strawberry milk carton. I went to the sink area and took a bowl and went back to my kitchen counter. Pouring the milk into the bowl, I heard the sound of wind chimes; the weather today seemed pretty fantastic too.

After adding the cereal into the bowl, I took my metal spoon and headed out to my balcony; since the weather is so nice, might as well enjoy my breakfast out there.

I placed the bowl down onto my wooden table as I stood by my balcony, enjoying the morning breeze as I stretched.

I breathed in deeply and exhaled. Ahhh, this was such a beautiful morning.

I turned over to the other side of my balcony as I spotted Rae Ah in one of her many yoga positions. I was about to greet her but I stopped myself; she was so engrossed in whatever she was doing. I could see her passion in yoga, it was endearing. She seemed so calm and relaxed, totally different from the phone call incident, then again; she was doing yoga, it was meant to make the person doing it feel that way. Her eyebrows twitched; she seemed to have heard my movements around my balcony or felt someone staring at her for a while.

I must have disturbed her silence when I came out; she seemed to be ending her session.

I quickly turned back to the scenery as I breathed in and exhaled again.

Should I greet her? I wonder if my mother sent my number to her. I mean, if she did, it was expected; my mother will always be my mother.

I was about to retreat to the wooden table to continue my breakfast when I heard a shuffling of feet.

“Good morning.” Rae Ah’s soft voice danced across to my balcony.

I stood still for a moment; Rae Ah was starting a conversation with me?

I quickly turned around to meet her face, even in the morning, she looked lovely.

I nodded my head with a smile, the moment I met her face. “Morning.” I said.

“I hope I didn’t disrupt your peace when I came out to the balcony too.” I continued.

“Oh, not at all. I was finishing anyways. Breakfast?” Rae Ah nodded over to my cereal bowl.

“Want to join me? You can have your breakfast in your balcony too.” I said.

She bit her bottom lip, hesitating to answer me.

“It’s fine if you have other plans.” I didn’t want to be overbearing too.

“Kyuhyun-ssi, I didn’t mean to reject your offer for dinner yesterday.” Rae Ah blurted out honestly.

I was startled she even wanted to talk about that. I mean, I knew she went to the blood donation center but she came out crying and stuff. She actually didn’t have any plans but she wasn’t interested so why was she bringing up the topic again?

Plus, yesterday night when she returned me the keys with no purpose, I asked her and she told me her plans worked out fine. She was so secretive. Hmmm.

“It’s alright. You don’t need to be so formal with me. Call me Kyu, remember?” I shrugged casually.

“Aren’t you going to the yoga studio today?” I asked after a moment of silence.

“Oh? Oh. Something came up at the studio so I don’t need to go down today.” Rae Ah said.

She shifted her weight uneasily to the other feet as she stood at her balcony.

“Enjoy your breakfast, K-Kyu.” She said and left quickly before I could say anything to her.

A really fascinating girl.

I continued on with my breakfast and enjoyed the rest of the day being in the comforts my home on a day off.

I was coming back home from the grocer, and as I came out from the lift, I could hear a lady talking very loudly. She sounded nothing like the elderly Korean lady and especially not like the English mother from the opposite side of the level. Her voice was harsh and piercing. I wonder why no one had come out to stop her from her yelling.

I turned towards my side of the level and saw Rae Ah having a horrible conversation with an older woman.

“You are coming home with me this instant!” The older woman shouted.

“You’re impossible!” Rae Ah shouted towards the lady before gasping as she noticed me.

I quickly walked to her side, “Rae Ah, is everything okay?” I said as I looked at her.

Tears had swelled up at the tips of her eyes, all ready to stream down her cheek, she was flustered, and she looked frightened and scared as she looked back up at me, slightly shaking her head.

“Who is this?” The older woman asked her. I stared at the older woman; she looked a lot like Rae Ah, like an older version. Could she be Rae Ah’s mother? Could she be the one that Rae Ah was shouting to on the phone the previous time?

Rae Ah looked at me and then back at the woman. “This is none of your business.” She said as she proceeded to stand in front of me.

“Who are you?!” The older woman turned to ask me this time round.

Before I could open my mouth to speak, Rae Ah grabbed my hand and placed her hand in mine. “He’s my boyfriend, alright? Please leave.”

With that, Rae Ah went back into her apartment, dragging me along with my bag of groceries and closing her door with a loud bang.

I was still in shock as I stood in her apartment about what Rae Ah just said.

She noticed her hands in mine and quickly withdrew them.

“Sorry! I-I.. T-that..I-I…” She stuttered, reacting differently from the fierceness she was just now.

“Do you mind telling me what just happened?” I said as I placed my groceries on her kitchen counter as I sat on her sofa.

I stared at her before shifting my gaze round her apartment. Rae Ah’s apartment was filled with vases of flowers; some fresh, some withering, some all dried up. It seems like she was into flower arranging.

It was not what I expected then again, everything about Rae Ah was unexpected.  

“She’s your mother right?” I questioned her.

She had shock plastered over her face before nodding her head. Rae Ah kept her head down.

“What happened?” I asked.

Rae Ah looked to the side to avoid my gaze. “My mother and I don’t really have a very good relationship together.”

“I could see that.” I said honestly.

That’s when Rae Ah broke down and cried. I’ve seen her cry but that was Hyun who had seen her cry. I had to act like this was the first time I was seeing her cry.

“I didn’t mean to be this fierce! I’m sorry.” I quickly said as I grabbed her tissue box and passed it to her.

She was sobbing really badly, shoulders shaking, her entire being trembling.

I got up immediately and got her a cup of warm water from her kitchen.

She looked up at me, narrowing her eyes at me as I gave her the water. “T-Thanks.”

She drank and calmed herself down before sitting on the far end of the sofa, facing me.

“My mother ain’t like Mrs Cho, as you can see.” Rae Ah said softly, voice becoming steadier, talking to the cup.

I nodded as I continued to look at her for her to carry on talking.

“My mother had a hand in an accident I got into two years ago.” Rae Ah answered quietly.

My eyes widened as I heard the information; her mother wanted to hurt her? Which mother on earth would do that?

“That’s why I’m not staying with my family.” She said bitterly.

I opened my mouth, wanting to say something but decided not to as I closed my mouth quickly.

A period of silence fell in between us but it wasn’t that kind of awkward silence, it was a comfortable moment for the both of us.

Rae Ah was still staring at her cup.

“Since I helped you just now, you owe me dinner.” I said, pushing the boundary.

Rae Ah looked up immediately and frowned. 

 

 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey readers *waves*

I know you guys must be wondering why Rae Ah is so defensive and protective, she had a sad past so she's a bit hesitant now in meeting someone new, especially since that person is someone famous. 

Oh well. Here's a chapter~ I hope you enjoyed it. 

 

Xoxo.