Withering Sunflower.

A Stranger & A Packet Of Blood.

 

Mrs Choi’s POV

 

Although I was quite disappointed with the bodyguard for poisoning Kyuhyun’s food pack, I was thankful that he told Rae Ah everything because I would never have gotten a chance to do so. I would have never told her anything. And Rae Ah would have continued to hate me.

 

These recent years, I have been quite harsh with Rae Ah, I admit, I was annoying and she felt like I didn’t understood her. I was being unreasonable. I will never forgive myself the day she was in the accident. She had to go through such a traumatic experience, losing her baby and Marcus.

 

But Marcus was abusing drugs. I couldn’t let her be with such a man who had no clue how to take care of himself, much less my own daughter. I had kept that a secret for so long.

 

I didn’t want Rae Ah to be hurt but I guess my overprotectiveness has caused her more harm than care.

 

I had kept her bedroom neat and tidy since she left the house. And I was so happy when she finally came home. I really missed this daughter of mine.

 

Rae Ah continued to work at the yoga studio; I didn’t stop her since she was enjoying herself at her workplace.

 

I knew about her flower arrangement hobby, I had bought a new vase for her and thought of putting it in her room as a surprise.

 

Ever since she came home, being away from Kyuhyun must be so painful. I see her struggle to get through a day.

 

I’ll do all it takes to help my daughter find back her usual cheerful self.

 

As I placed the vase on her table, my eyes landed on a piece of paper that was on the table.

 

I remembered how Rae Ah topped the school in the Literature subject back in university. She had a flare for writing and she loved to read.

 

I was not surprised that she was still writing. What surprised me was the content of her writing.

 

 

There’s no use of regretting now
There’s no use of holding on now
Because you were always there
Because I got used to you- I didn’t know it was love

 

I can’t call out to you again
I won’t be able to ever call out to you again
I say goodbye although it’s not what I really mean

 

 I guess I thought we were only friends
I thought this was only a friendship
When I’m missing you like this
When I’m so frustrated like this
I deceived my own heart like a fool

 

Because when I’m next to you, when I’m looking at you
I already know it’s love

 

You just say to forget it
You just say that this isn’t it
You say let’s stop this and coldly turn around

 

I’m not in your heart- I’m in the flowing tears

 

Even when it hurts, even when I tear, you pretend it’s not and smile

 

Can’t you love me? Can’t you hold me?
Can’t you for one day, for one moment, love me?

 

(Won Bin ~ Thought we’re only friends.)

 

 

Her writing sounds so sad and gloomy.

 

I can’t let her go on to be like this. I need to pull her out of this miserable state. She is not only deceiving herself, she is also deceiving Kyuhyun. Both of them are obviously in love with each other. Can’t they just get together? If Kyuhyun really love my daughter, he wouldn’t care if she had a baby before, would he?

 

As a mother, I want the best for my child and I will do all it takes to make up for the pain I have caused her. She had suffered much.

 

I quickly took the writing and photocopy a piece before putting the original copy back in Rae Ah’s room, on a table.

 

I have to find a way to meet this Kyuhyun boy and I think I know how….

 

 

Cho Kyuhyun’s POV

 

Another night is wasted. Another day has gone by. What is there to life? What meaning? What purpose? I have no idea. My mum has been calling me so frequently that it’s so annoying. I know she cares about me but her constant care and concern was getting on my nerves.

 

Hiccup. I drank too much again. Who cares? Other than my manager. I think he is going to give up hope on me. I’m just wasting time. Shesh.

 

I stumbled back to my unit as I still had a half bottle of beer in my hands. I have no clue which is my unit, left? Right? Oh yes the one on the right? Hiccup.

 

Who is that lady standing at the front?

 

Do I know her? Hiccup.

 

“Kyuhyun?” The lady called.

 

I squinted my eyes at her, “Who are you? Do I know you?” Hiccup.

 

“I am Choi Rae Ah’s mother. You may call me Mrs Choi or you can call me aunty. I’m fine with such terms.” The lady said with a small smile plastered on her face.

 

I shook my head. “Choi Rae Ah’s mother? You! Why didn’t you teach your daughter well? Why did you let her play around with me when she already had a family on her own? Why? HAH. I must be a joke right now. Your daughter hates you! You made her life so miserable!” I shouted back to the lady.

 

I couldn’t be bothered to listen further as I swung out my keys to open the door.

 

“I will not argue with you. I can see that you love my daughter very much.” The lady said as she followed me into the house.

 

“Who allowed you in?! Love her? LOVE HER? Yes, I love her very much! I love her so much! But look at what she did to me?! She betrayed my trust. Right from the very beginning.” I quarreled.

 

“She is carrying the baby of another man while being in a relationship with me! What kind of woman is she?”

 

The lady closed the door with a loud bang as she went straight to the kitchen. I clumsily walked to the sofa. Hiccup.

 

“You need to wake up.” The lady said.

 

I turned around, getting ready to argue with her when I got splashed in the face with a basin of water.

 

“Argh! What are you doing in my house? How can anyone do this?” I shouted, frustrated. The cold water shot me back to reality as I wiped my face and looked back up. Rae Ah’s mother was staring at me.

 

“I have something very important to show you. You need to focus!” Her mother said but I couldn’t be bothered to listen to her.

 

“Leave! Get out from my house!” I commanded.

 

“How can your love for my daughter be so fragile?!” The lady shouted back for the first time.

 

That’s when I stopped. The words pierced through my heart like a dagger. 

She dug through her handbag and took out a folded piece of paper and shoved it in my hands.

 

“I know you have feelings for my daughter or else you wouldn’t be like this. But how strong is your love for her? My daughter either expresses herself through flowers or she pens down every single thought. Read this, I found it in her room. There have been a misunderstanding.”

 

I clutched on the paper as I unfold it, reading the words line by line.

 

“What is this? Why are you showing me this?” I looked back up at her mother.

 

“Rae Ah wrote this. I just want to ask you one question. Do you mind if Rae Ah was pregnant before?” Her mother spoke calmly.

 

Do you mind if Rae Ah was pregnant before?

 

“Isn’t she pregnant now? She has her own family!” I retorted.

 

“Marcus passed away two years back. Rae Ah suffered a miscarriage then as well. She was almost knocked down by a car but Marcus sacrificed himself by pushing Rae Ah to the curb where she had an impact on her stomach and thus she lost her baby.”

 

What? I stared at Rae Ah’s mother as I looked back and forth from the paper to her.

 

“I don’t u-understand.” I said honestly.

 

“Rae Ah lied. There was a misunderstanding. She thought by leaving you, it will do you good. She thought you would be much happier without her. It hurt her as well; leaving you. She loves you, Kyuhyun.”

 

My eyes widened.

 

“M-Marcus..Rae A-Ah..A miscarriage? Why is s-she so selfish? What makes her think that by leaving me, it will do me good? Do I look fine to you? Do I?” I questioned her mother.

 

“She isn’t fine too. She spends most of her time in our house’s balcony….”

 

I turned towards my balcony. It was covered by the curtain. I walked towards it slowly as I drew the curtains away. I pushed opened the sliding door as I walked out to my balcony.

 

It’s been a while since I’ve been out here.

 

As I turned to the direction of Rae Ah’s balcony, something caught my eye. It was a bouquet of flowers. Not any other flowers, but a sunflower. A withering sunflower.

 

The bouquet was within my reach as I grabbed it over to my balcony. A card dropped from the bouquet. I picked it up and flipped it open.

 

 

To: Cho Kyuhyun.

 

When you read this letter, I would have left.

 

Remember to stay happy.

 

Be happy.

 

 

From: Choi Rae Ah.

 

 

 My knees slumped onto the floor of the balcony as I burst into tears. Rae Ah’s mother came next to me as she patted my back.

 

Rae Ah. Why did you lie? What have I done? You silly girl.

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey readers *waves*

Another update~ Do commmmmmment. :) 

Xoxo.