A Packet Of Blood.

A Stranger & A Packet Of Blood.

 

I walked up and down the hospital corridor, outside the emergency department. Kyuhyun had been in there for quite a while and I was so worried. I thought he was just having a common cold or flu, when did it became so serious, to the point of fainting?

 

“Here, have something hot to drink.” Kim Mi said as she stood by my side with a hot cup of beverage from the vending machine.

 

I shook my head as I bit my bottom in lip, anxiously waiting for the doctor to come out.

 

“Rae Ah, this isn’t your fault! You need to calm down. Drink this.” She said as she pushed the paper cup into my icy hands.

 

I looked up at her beneath my wet eyelashes, seeing her forcing a smile for me.

 

“Thank you, Kim Mi.” I said as I cupped both palms around the steaming paper cup of beverage while bringing my lips to the edge of the cup, drinking whatever was in it. The hot water stung my throat but I didn’t care. I finished the drink just as the doctor walked out.

 

I quickly gave my empty paper cup to Kim Mi as I rushed forward to the doctor.

 

“How is he?!” I frantically asked.

 

“How long has the fever been going on?” The doctor asked but all I could do was to stare right back at him. I didn’t know.

 

“I’m not sure but I know that he has been coughing and sneezing for the about a week.” I just told him whatever I knew.

 

“The patient is suffering from internal bleeding and he is losing a lot of blood. The cause of it is still unknown as we are still investigating. We are going to do a blood transfusion immediately. I understand the patient has a blood-bank?” The doctor said.

 

Internal bleeding? What happened to you, Kyuhyun?

 

I quickly nodded my head to the doctor. Just then the nurse came rushing out.

 

“Doctor! We are unable to locate the patient’s blood bank account!” She said.

 

Without thinking, I interrupted them. “I can donate my blood!”

 

 

Cho Kyuhyun’s POV

 

I opened my eyes slowly, adjusting them to the bright lights that shone above me. I felt a pang of numbness in my head, what happened? All I remembered was seeing Kim Mi at the entrance of my house and everything around me was spinning.

 

I sat up, feeling the temperature of the cold medical ward of the room. I was in the hospital. I looked around as my eyes fell on a sleeping figure at my bedside. Her head was resting on her folded arms as her hair was in the way, I couldn’t see the face of the person.

 

I must have been making a lot of movement, for the person started to stir. I quickly lay back down and closed my eyes, not identifying the person before I do so.

 

As I kept my eyes shut, I felt a sense of warmth as the person’s hands were cupping my cheek.  In the silent hospital room, quiet sobs could be heard all of a sudden.

 

“This is my fault.”

 

The voice. That voice. At once, I knew who was the one sleeping at my bedside, I knew who caressed my face, and I knew who was crying.

 

Rae Ah.

 

I missed her so much. I missed her voice. I missed holding her hand and feeling the friction between us. But if I opened my eyes now, will she leave me? Will she still be angry with me? Will she carry on hating me?

 

I decided to take a gamble and opened my eyes. There, Rae Ah sat with her face in her hands, she was crying so badly, her shoulders were shaking.

 

“If I have never met Kyuhyun, all of this would not have happened. I must be such a jinx. Marcus went into an accident then, and now Kyuhyun is so sick. Mother is right; I have such bad luck with relationships. I shouldn’t have started all of this.”

 

Rae Ah was blaming herself for my body’s incapability of taking care of itself. Who is Marcus? Could he be her previous boyfriend? I have never heard her talking about him before. We never mentioned about relationships anyway.

 

I sat up and grabbed Rae Ah’s hands away from her face as she opened her eyes in shock.

 

She pushed my hands away as she quickly wiped the tears off her face, cleaning all remains of her sobbing from just now.

 

“You are awake!” She said as she quickly got up from her seat.

 

“Rae Ah, please stay!” I hurriedly begged her as my voice broke. My hand, swiftly grabbed her fingers.

 

“I’ll go call the doctor.” Rae Ah said as an excuse to leave.

 

“Rae Ah, please listen to me. Don’t leave me.” I said while holding onto her hand tightly.

 

“Kyuhyun, this is not the right time to talk about it now. You’re hurting me.” There was some sort of bandage on her arm.

 

I couldn’t take it; I need to tell her how I feel. Rae Ah deserves to know the truth, I wasn’t playing with her feelings, I really like her, and I was truly serious being in this relationship with her.

 

“Rae Ah, listen. I can’t quite understand how you can go from being some stranger to me, to someone I’m constantly thinking about. Sometimes I just space out and I find myself thinking about you again. It’s like the moment I started talking to you, I just can’t get enough. I just wanted more of you. And as of now, it just needs to stop because it’s becoming destructive. The over thinking, the expectations, the what ifs. I guess all I’m trying to say is that I’m getting so attached to you, the very thought and idea of you. And I just don’t know how I can stop. Please know that I’m serious about this relationship. I really like you, Rae Ah.” I truthfully and honestly admitted.

 

Somehow, Rae Ah tightened the grip between our hands. I looked up at her as I saw how the tears were swelling in her eyes and they were rolling down her cheek.

 

I quickly sat up straight as I pulled Rae Ah towards me, as my hand rose to her cheek and thumbed the tears away.

 

“Don’t cry.” I told her as I continued to dab the tears away from her cheek.

 

“I-I’m going to call the d-doctor.” Rae Ah insisted as she quickly turned around and brushed my hand away, walking towards the door.

 

I frowned at her actions. I knew she still like me just that, how am I going to prove to her that I was true all along?

 

A while later, the doctor came in but Rae Ah was nowhere to be seen. I took quick glances at the door and back to the doctor.

 

No one else was coming in.

 

“Mr Cho, we have discovered some internal bleeding and we have managed to stop it, all thanks to your friend. Your condition is stable now but we do advise you to stay in for observation.” The doctor read from his clipboard.

 

I had internal bleeding? Was that why, I felt so giddy all the time for the past one week? Thank goodness, my condition is stable now.

 

All thanks to your friend.

 

What did the doctor meant by that?

 

“My friend?” I asked, perplexed by the situation.

 

“Yes, the lady who was in the ward with you? She donated her blood. If not for her, your condition would have deteriorated and you would be in critical now.” The doctor explained, looking up from the clipboard.

 

Rae Ah donated her blood to me? She had some bandage on just now.

 

“Where is she?” I requested.

 

“Your friend didn’t state where she was going. I’m sorry.” The doctor said as I tried to get up. I have to find Rae Ah.

 

“Mr Cho, it is not advisable for you to walk around now. I suggest you stay in bed.”

 

“I need to find her.” I breathed.

 

Before the doctor could say anything, the door opened and Rae Ah came in, holding onto the bandage part of her arm.

 

The doctor smiled as he walked out of the room.

 

Rae Ah sat back down on the chair quietly.

 

“Why did you donate your blood to me?” I blurted out.

 

Her head snapped up as her eyes widened. “H-How did you k-know?”

 

“Answer me.” I said as I looked right into her eyes.

 

Rae Ah took a deep breath before looking up back at me.

 

“I was w-worried. Okay? I was worried you were going to die. I was worried I will never see you alive again. I worried that history will repeat itself. I was worried that you won’t get the chance to see me ever again. I was just bloody worried about you. Are you happy with this answer?”

 

Nothing matter anymore. Nothing in the room matter more than Rae Ah. She was worried about me. The very thought of her blood swimming in my body was more than enough. She was enough. I pulled Rae Ah into my arms as I hugged her tightly with all the hospital tubes attached to my hand. I didn’t bother; the only important thing at the moment was to embrace Rae Ah.

 

She was sobbing again. Her arms slowly rose as she hugged me back, wrapping her arms tightly onto my back.

 

“I missed you so much.” She whispered in between her sobs.

 

I patted her back as I placed my chin on her shoulders, tilting my head to kiss her neck, breathing in her scent. “I’m sorry. For not telling you the truth and hurting you. I’m sorry.”

 

Rae Ah pulled away as her hand rested on my cheek; caressing it. “You made me looked like a fool. I thought you were two different people! How silly of me.” She said with a laugh at the end.

 

My hand rose to the spot where she touched, placing my fingers between the spaces of hers.

 

 

 

 

“I love you, Choi Rae Ah.”

 

 

“I love you too, Cho Kyuhyun.” 

 

 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Hey readers *waves*

 

Hehehehehehehehe. Fluffy moment! They finally admitted to each other! Yayyyyyyyyyyyy!  Happy dancing moment! Heh. 

 

 

 

 

Xoxo.