Not bad

Just the way you are

 

Chapter five:

Yoseob’s POV:

For the rest of the week, I actually paid attention in lessons, for the first time in my life. Seohyun still came over daily to tutor me, and slowly by slowly, I actually understood what she was explaining to me.

To be honest, when she wasn’t hating on me, she was actually a really good teacher. When she explained things to me, I really understood how to solve that problem. She was a really patient teacher who made math seem easier.

“x equals to five!” I exclaimed today, at our daily study session.

“Yes! You’re right!” She beamed, in spite of herself. “You only took a minute to solve that question!”

I couldn’t help staring at her.

This was probably the first time I saw her crack a smile in my direction before.

When she smiled, her pale cheeks would flush slightly. Her smile was so sweet, so innocent, like she was truly happy. Her smile was so contagious. It made me smile unknowingly too.

That smile…

I must have been staring too hard, because she blushed.

She cleared .

“Well, that’s enough for today.” She walked out of my room.

“That was pretty good. You’re improving.” She added hesitantly, smiling slightly in my direction before she left.

When she left, I couldn’t stop smiling.

I started revising everything my teachers had taught me for today.

I had to get myself into that top fifty list.

I just had to.

 

Seohyun’s POV:

The next morning, I left for school with Yoseob tagging behind me as usual.

Strangely enough, I didn’t seem to mind anymore.

For the first few days, I found him incredibly annoying. I wanted to scream at him, to tell him to stop following me to school. I wanted him to disappear.

But oddly, I didn’t feel any hatred towards him anymore.

During my tuition lessons with him, I began to see a new Yang Yoseob that I had never known.

He was sweet and polite to his parents, and really paid attention when I was teaching him. He would listen intently and nod, never interrupting. He asked appropriate questions at appropriate times. Sometimes, I would even catch him using aegyo when talking to his mother. It was surprisingly adorable, especially when he pouted.

Wait. What are you thinking, Seo Joo Hyun?

Remember how Yang Yoseob treated you in secondary school?

Remember what a jerk he and his friends were?

Remember those insults he threw at you?

He’s your enemy, Seohyun. YOUR ENEMY.

Aishh! Stop thinking about him already!

 

Unknowingly, I turned to peek at him.

He was busy reading his textbook, revising through algebraic manipulation, the topic I taught him yesterday.

Aishh…does he really want to win that badly?

I couldn’t help noticing that he looked extremely cute when he was focusing on something.

He would stare intently at his textbook, scrunching up his nose when he didn’t understand something and smiling happily when he did. His eyes were huge when they focused on something, and he would make funny faces without knowing it, such as puffing up his cheeks or sticking out his tongue.

I was on the verge of giggling when mercifully, the bus arrived.

It was really crowded on the bus today. Yoseob and I barely managed to squeeze in.

I didn’t want to stand so close beside him, so I squeezed my way into the crowd.

Horrible idea

It was extremely crowded in the middle of the bus. I kept getting pushed and shoved by the people.

Suddenly, the bus jerked, and the heavy man in front of me leant onto me, crushing me.

And I couldn’t squeeze myself out.

It was uncomfortable.

No, it was suffocating.

I didn’t even have a railing to hold onto, so I just kept getting tossed among the mass of people.

I was being crushed to death by the people around me for the hundredth time when suddenly, a strong hand pulled me out of the crowd.

I turned to see…Yoseob.

“It’s too crowded there. Stay here.” He wrapped his arms around me, shielding me from the crowd, but was careful not to touch me.

That gesture was so sweet, it almost made me want to give him a big hug.

“Thank you.” I said softly.

“No problem.” He replied. I swear I saw him smile.

And so we stood like that for the rest of the journey, not saying a word.

Strangely, I didn’t seem to mind how close we were standing.

I didn’t seem to mind at all.

 

When I arrived at school, Dongwoon and Yoona were waiting for me, as usual.

“Hyun ah! So when do we come to your house tomorrow?” Yoona was practically bursting with excitement.

I guess there was no harm in letting my two besties come over to my house tomorrow.

It’s not like they will seriously see Yoseob, right?

“How about 11? We could go for lunch together and hang out!”

“Sounds good!”

Let’s just hope everything will be okay.

 

Yoseob’s POV:

During math lecture, our professor was going through with us algebraic manipulation again when he called me out to solve a sum.
“Mr. Yang, would you mind coming forward to solve this question?”

I took a deep breath.

Relax, Yoseob. This question is easy. Seohyun taught me how to handle such questions yesterday, and you haven’t forgotten. Relax.

So I went to the front of the lecture hall and picked up a marker, furiously scribbling out the answer on the board, just like how Seohyun taught me yesterday.

I hope I’m right

What if I’m wrong and Seohyun gets disappointed?

It felt so scary when I knew that Seohyun was watching me.

Finally, I was done.

“x equals to 2.” I put down the marker and looked at the professor.

The professor was shocked.

“Good job, Mr. Yang. Very good job indeed. I see you’ve been revising. Keep it up.” Professor Kim smiled at me.

On the way back to my seat, I looked at Seohyun.

She was smiling slightly, mouthing the words ‘good job’ as I passed her.

Oh yeah!

--------------

Yay (: Another chapter done :D

Hope you like it (: things are starting to pick up between the two :D

As usual, comment and subscribe please (:

Kamsamida <3