The dance

Just the way you are

 

Chapter fourteen:

Seohyun’s POV:

[One week later…]

It was the day of the spring dance.

I was in my room, preparing for it.

I need to look good.

I need to show Yoseob what he the side of me he never saw before.

So he would regret not asking me.

I started with my hair.

I decided to try something different.

I looked at my watch. 3pm. I still had time.

I rushed to the hairdresser and got my hair slightly permed there.

After two hours, I left the hairdresser, thanking the hair stylist.

I took a look into the mirror and gasped.

I was SO glad I decided to make a bold move.

Next, I rushed over to the mall and tried on some dresses.

Eventually, I settled on a light pink floral dress with a matching light brown belt. I bought a white cardigan to tie the whole look together and got high heels.

This was how I looked

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_gd7tRSkpQt0/TGtYf7E1GUI/AAAAAAAAAk4/9xW-YeaUuL0/s1600/seohyun-dress.jpg

It was 6pm when I reached back home. I quickly dusted some blush on and applied lip gloss. I didn’t really like makeup much.

The doorbell rang.

I opened the door.

Dongwoon was there, dressed in a simple tuxedo.

“Wow.” His eyes widened.

I blushed. I wasn’t used to this kind of attention.

“Is it too much? I…I wanted to look nice for today…”

Dongwoon grinned. “You look gorgeous.” He held out his arm. “Let’s go.”

I took his hand and we headed off to the dance.

 

Yoseob’s POV:

I was at the dance with Seungmi. It had only spent five minutes with her and I was unbelievably annoyed already.

She wouldn’t leave me alone. She kept dragging me around, calling me ‘oppa’, and introducing me to all her friends, who were positively green with envy.

And to make things even worse, she was dressed in a slinky black dress, obviously trying to seduce me.

Suddenly, I heard the whole hall of people gasp.

I looked up and my eyes widened.

At the top of the staircase, stood Seohyun, her arm linked around Dongwoon’s.

There was only one word to describe her.

GORGEOUS.

Her hair was slightly permed, so that it looked wavy, and it cascaded down her shoulders. She put on some blush, making her cheeks rosy to match her fair skin. She was dressed in a simple pink dress with a thin belt, and wore a cardigan over it. She looked so sweet, so beautiful. Unlike most of the other girls, she didn’t need to show skin to look hot. She didn’t need to cake on makeup to look gorgeous.

“Ughh! Is she desperate or what?” Seungmi wrinkled her nose in disgust.

I rolled my eyes. Excuse me, who was the desperate one here?

I was about to approach her when music started playing.

I saw Dongwoon invite Seohyun to dance. She smiled and took his hand, and he whisked her away to the dance floor.

UGHHHHHH.

Okay, time to make Seohyun jealous!

Despite how much I was annoyed by her, I invited Seungmi to dance. She was practically bursting with excitement as I dragged her to the dance floor, “coincidentally” beside Seohyun and Dongwoon.

During the song, I saw Dongwoon spin Seohyun around. I did the same to Seungmi. She was giggling annoyingly.

Mercifully, the song finally ended.

“Now,” The DJ announced. “We’ve decided to add a twist to the dance. Each girl will dance with the guy on her right, just for this song.” He started playing a slow song.

I looked to my left.

Seohyun was there, walking towards me awkwardly.

“May I have this dance?” I said, bowing to her, holding out my hand.

She giggled and placed her hand onto mine.

We started to slow dance. It was awkward at first, but soon, we started smiling. I spun her around quickly, and she couldn’t help laughing. Slowly, she started to look into my eyes.

UGHHH

Her eyes

Her smile

She was so freaking gorgeous.

Stop it, Yang Yoseob!

It was the of the song. I didn’t think. I just felt like lifting her up right then.

She gasped, then she smiled, enjoying the feeling of being up in the air.

The whole school was looking at us in awe, but I didn’t care.

I was having the time of my life.

The song ended way too quickly. Dongwoon was quick to pull Seohyun away.

Ughhhh. WHY DIDN’T I ASK HER TO THE DANCE. UGHHHHHHHH.

“Yoseob oppa~” Seungmi ran back to me.

Great.

I needed a drink.

 

Seohyun’s POV:

Dancing with Yoseob was heaven.

His eyes.

Ughhhh.

Stop it, Seohyun! You’re here with Dongwoon, not Yoseob, so stop thinking about him

But I couldn’t. I had to look at him and that desperate girl.

They were making their way over to the bar.

“Come on!” I dragged Dongwoon over to the bar, taking a seat beside Yoseob. “Let’s have a drink!”

Dongwoon was confused. “But…but you can’t drink! Remember that time, when we went to that party, you got drunk after drinking one tiny glass of alcohol! Then we had to send you home because you got unconscious?”

“Oh, I’m fine! I improved it already!” I lied. “I just want a little drink, relax!”

Dongwoon sighed. “Fine…but ONE only!”

I nodded. I saw Seungmi drinking one full glass of alcohol. I wasted no time in pouring one big glass and gulping it down at super speed.

It tasted like bitter lemonade. I nearly puked.

Dongwoon stared at me. “Easy, Hyun! Chill. Drink it slowly.”

I couldn’t. Seungmi was drinking at an incredible rate. I had to match that rate.

I kept drinking and drinking, ignoring Dongwoon.

I wouldn’t stop drinking until my head felt extremely heavy.

I dropped my glass on the floor.

Then I out.

-------------

What's going to happen?

Will Dongwoon send her home? Or will Yoseob snatch her first x)

Hmmmmmmmmm...