You like me too?

Just the way you are

 

Chapter twenty-two:

Seohyun’s POV:

Ughhhhh…

I opened my eyes dizzily.

Where was I?

It was so dark…

And so cold…

I looked around.

I was stuck at the bottom of a pit. It wasn’t very deep, but it was certainly deep enough to prevent me from climbing out.

I tried to jump, but to no avail. There was nothing on the rock walls to hoist me up.

I was really scared now.

There was no one around.

“Hello?” I called out. “Is anyone there?”

There was no answer.

I’m freezing…

I glanced down at my thin sweater. I knew I should have worn something thicker.

I needed to get out of here, fast, before I froze to death.

Suddenly, I heard footsteps.

I didn’t know why, but somehow, the first person that came into my head at a time like this was…

Yoseob.

It was then when I was sure that I liked Yoseob.

“Yoseob! Are you there? I’m down here! Help me! Yoseob! Yoseob!” I called out desperately.

“Seohyun! Where are you?” So it WAS Yoseob. I was unbelievably happy to hear his voice.

“Yoseob! I’m down here!” I started jumping up and down.

“Seohyun!” I could see him peering down into the pit. “I’ll help you out.”

He jumped down into the pit and landed beside me.

“Seohyun!” He cried, giving me a huge hug. It felt unbelievably good to be in his arms. I felt so…safe. “You’re alright!”
“Yoseob!” I started tearing up, without even knowing it. “You can’t imagine how happy I am to see you!” I didn’t even care how weird that sounded. I was just so glad that I wasn’t alone.

“I know, I know.” He hugged me even tighter, patting my back. “It’s okay now, I found you.”

After a long time of hugging, he finally let go of me.

He looked around.

“One problem,” I asked. “How do we get out of here?”

He suddenly buried his face into his hands.

“I’m so sorry, Seohyun, I’m an idiot! I should have ran back to get a ladder or help from Mr. Lee!” He groaned. “Now we’re both stuck here! I’m such an idiot!”

“Do you have a cellphone? We could call the others to get help!” I suggested.

His face lit up as he whipped out of his cellphone.

“No battery.” He sighed and kept his cellphone. He buried his face in his hands again.

I felt so bad seeing him blame himself for this, so I put my arms around him.

“Hey,” I said softly. “I’m glad you came. We’ll just wait here for the others to find us.”

He looked up, and smiled weakly.

Suddenly, the wind blew and it got even colder. I shivered violently, and started coughing uncontrollably.

“Hey, are you okay?” He suddenly looked up, his eyes full of concern.

“I’m…fine…” I started coughing again, this time sneezing as well.

“I guess…I’m a little cold…” I admitted, shivering.

He touched my arm. “A little?” He scoffed. “You’re freezing! Here, take my jacket.” He started removing his jacket.

“Ani!” I protested weakly, but Yoseob had already put the jacket around me. I had to admit, it was really warm. And unbelievably sweet.

“Wow, it’s really cold!” It was Yoseob’s turn to shiver. I pushed his jacket back to him, but he shoved it back to me.

“It’s your jacket! And don’t deny that you’re cold!” I tried pushing his jacket back to him again, but he refused.

“You’ve been here longer! And you’re jacket is so thin! I can handle the cold, you take it.” He pushed it back to me, holding it there. I tried to push it back to him, but he was too strong.

I sighed and gave in.

“Fine, I’ll take it. But we share.” I moved closer towards him, and placed the jacket over the both of us. He was so warm, I wanted to snuggle with him so badly.

He seemed to read my mind, because he placed his arm around me.

“What are you doing?” I struggled.

“Keeping you warm. Now stop struggling!” He ordered me.

I stopped struggling and let him rest his arm around me. I had to admit, it was extremely warm and comfortable.

So we stayed like that, huddled together.

“I’m sorry.” Yoseob suddenly said.

“For what?” I was confused.

“For putting you in a spot for this whole trip...I know you felt really awkward, with Dongwoon and I fighting and stuff…I wouldn’t blame you if you chose him, you know. He’s…not a bad guy…and I can tell… that he really likes you…so…if you, you know, like him…it’s not a bad choice…” He was looking down, avoiding eye contact with me.

Aishhh…this guy.

How could he not be able to tell my feelings for him?

It was so obvious – from how I stalked him on his date, to how I giggle at his jokes and whack his arm.

Yes. I, Seo Joo Hyun, liked Yang Yoseob.

I liked his adorableness.

I liked his irresistible aegyo.

I liked how he wasn’t the jerk he pretended to be, and that he was actually a nice, caring person underneath.

I liked how he was so enthusiastic about everything.

I liked how he truly cared for me.

I liked how genuine he was.

I liked him, Yang Yoseob.

“Pabo,” I muttered, looking right into his eyes.

He looked up, surprised.

“What?”

“Pabo!” I scolded him. “What’s there to be sorry about? And what do you mean ‘if I chose Dongwoon oppa’? Yah, he’s just an oppa to me, nothing else! I honestly have absolutely no feelings for him! In fact,” I added shyly. “There’s a special guy I’ve been liking for quite some time now…”

Yoseob’s face fell. He obviously thought I was talking about someone else. Aishh…

“He’s cute, adorable and extremely funny. He makes me laugh. His aegyo is irresistible, and he pouts whenever he doesn’t get something he wants.”

“I’m cute too…” Yoseob muttered softly and pouted.

Aishh…what an idiot.

“I used to dislike him, or even hate him. But that was because I never knew his true side.” I continued. “He was just disguising himself as a jerk and an idiot to seem ‘cool’ and to avoid being picked on again. But I like him for who he is inside – the caring, funny, adorable and unbelievably sweet guy. He’s always around to protect me, and when I’m with him, I feel so safe, like nothing can harm me.”

Yoseob finally got the hint and stopped pouting, looking up at me, obviously surprised.

“Y…You…I’m…I’m the guy that you like?” He asked nervously.

“Yes!” I sighed in exasperation. “YES! YES! YES! I LIKE YOU, YANG YOSEOB!”

“JINJIA?” He exclaimed, squealing. “JINJIA JINJIA JINJIA?!?”

I giggled at his adorableness, and nodded.

He gave me a bone-crushing hug, squeezing me to death.

“I can’t believe it! You like me too?” He exclaimed. “I can’t believe this!”

“C…can’t breathe…” I gasped for air.

He released me. “Mianhe! But I’m so happy! But are you sure? Even after all the times that I picked on you in the past? Even when-“

Aishh…was he trying to talk me out of liking him.

I had to shut him up, so I leaned over and gave him a kiss on his soft lips.

We stayed like this for awhile, with our lips locked, and our arms around each other. The kiss ended way too quickly and we finally broke off.

“Wow.” Yoseob was grinning like an idiot. I gave him a whack on his shoulder, blushing immensely, extremely embarrassed.

Suddenly, another gust of strong wind blew towards me, causing my teeth to chatter from the cold.

Yoseob hugged me even tighter. “Bear with it, okay? Hopefully someone can find us soon.”

I nodded, and stifled a yawn. I was totally exhausted from the whole afternoon of high elements.

“Are you sleepy?” He asked me. I nodded.

“Good, then go to sleep.” He my forehead gently. “I’ll sing you a lullaby.”

And so he started to sing.

His voice was amazing. It was soothing, like an angel’s voice, immediately calming me down and causing my eyelids to drop.

“Seohyun?” He said softly.

“Mmmm?” I answered sleepily.

“When we get back to school, will you be my girlfriend?” He asked me.

I smiled, and nodded. “Of course I will be your girlfriend, silly.”

He beamed and gave me a quick peck on the cheek.

“Okay. Now go to sleep.” He started to sing again.

What a perfect voice…

That was the last thing I remembered before I dozed off, in his arms.

--------------

Awwww! This chapter is so sweet kekekeke <3

I KNOW I PROBABLY JUST DISAPPOINTED ALL THOSE WHO WANTED SEOHYUN WITH DONGWOON, but I already finished typing my entire story, and if I changed it, I had to change EVERYTHING >< *bows* I'm really sorry you guys. REALLYREALLY sorry D: I know it's not fair to Dongwoon but don't worry he'll find love <3 later :D

Hope you guys like this chapter (: Please don't be angry at me D: Kamsamida you guys <3