Goodbye

Just the way you are

 

Chapter thirty:

Seohyun’s POV:

I woke up dizzily.

“Seohyun ah!”

I saw four familiar faces greeting me. Dongwoon, Yoona and my parents were all in my room, looking at me worriedly.

I smiled weakly. “Hi guys…”

“How could they do this to you? Oh, my poor baby!” Umma was crying as she gave me a hug.

“It’s okay, umma, I’m fine.” I lied, trying to make her feel better.

“That’s it. I heard everything from Dongwoon and Yoona when you were unconscious!” My father was mad. “This has been taken too far! I’m going to send you to Incheon to study in one of the top Universities there. With your results, I’m sure you’ll get accepted in no time! You just can’t stay here for another minute! I can’t let you suffer in silence!”

I was about to protest when I thought about it.

If I were to get sent to Incheon, that meant that I would be starting over in a completely new school.

Where no one would despise me, or shoot me dirty looks.

Where no one would hurt me

Where no one knew anything about me

Where Yang Yoseob would be far, far away

I didn’t have to see him anymore

I could use to chance to make a clean break from him, and JooHae University, once and for all.

I nodded.

“Okay, appa. Make the arrangements for me as soon as possible.”

 

[ONE WEEK LATER…]

Yoseob’s POV:

I didn’t see Seohyun for the whole of next week. I figured she was just trying to avoid me.

I missed her. I really did.

I missed her laughter.

I missed that killer smile.

I missed going to school with her.

I missed our nightly tuition sessions.

But every time I wanted to make up with her, I was reminded by all the horrible things she did to Eunna.

Attacking her, slapping her, punching her, and even shoving her into the pond…

Was that really Seohyun?

Would she really do such a thing?

Stop thinking about her, Yang Yoseob! You broke up with her already! Aishhhhh!

I sent Eunna off to her first class, physics, before leaving for my own.

When I was about to leave, I saw the same group of girls rush into Eunna’s classroom, calling her name.

I was curious, so I lingered around the door and listened to their conversation.

“Eunna-ssi!” One of them said. “When are you going to pay us?”

“Yeah! Pay up!”

Did Eunna owe all of them money? That’s weird…

“Yes, I have the money all here.” Eunna replied. “Here’s ten dollars for each of you. Thanks so much for the hard work!”

What hard work?

“Eunna-ssi? Shouldn’t I get more?” One of them spoke up. “After all, I was the most convincing! I’m always the one who does the talking!”

“True.” Eunna replied. “Here’s an extra ten dollars for your hard work. I loved how you made everything seem so realistic, so that everyone would actually believe that Seohyun did all those things to me!”

WAIT. WHAT?

“I especially loved how you made up the strangling part! It was pure genius!” Eunna continued, laughing. “I have to say, I didn’t expect Yoseob to be so easy to fool! He was taken in by those few sentences of yours!”

“And not to mention your innocent face!” The girl gushed. “You’re such a good actress, Eunna-ssi!”

“I know.” Eunna giggled. “And he wouldn’t even listen to what that had to say!”

“But don’t you feel a teeny bit sorry for her? I mean, everyone hates her, and Yoseob broke up with her! Over something she didn’t even do! She’s left with nothing.” One of them spoke up.

“Tchhhh. Sorry? I don’t feel the slightest bit sorry. She got everything she deserved. Yoseob is MINE. SHE stole him away from me. In fact,” Eunna continued. “I even got some people to beat her up!”

The girls gasped.

“But she wasn’t very fun to beat up. Turns out she didn’t cry at all. I paid them to make her cry, but she refused, even after being punched in the stomach and the face continuously. I would have made them pull her hair out, but that annoying Son Dongwoon ruined my plans. Oh well, thanks anyway. See you guys around!”

Oh.

My.

Gosh.

SO IT WAS ALL A SCAM?

That meant that Seohyun was totally innocent! She didn’t do anything! Eunna had paid all those girls to act as “witnesses” in her favour!

In addition to that, she even paid people to beat Seohyun up?

That explained all those bruises and cuts on Seohyun.

 

That meant that…I had wronged Seohyun.

Why didn’t she tell me that she was being framed?

-FLASHBACK-

“Seobie!”Tears welled up in her eyes. “I didn’t do it! I-“

“DON’T CALL ME SEOBIE!” I shouted at her. “I can’t even look at you now. And you’re still trying to act innocent? You’re scary, Seo Joo Hyun!”

 

“Yoseob, I really can explain! Listen to me-“

“NO! I don’t’ want to hear any more of your lies! How could you do this, Seohyun? To Eunna! Look at her! She keeps coming up with excuses to cover you up, despite what you did! Don’t you feel the slightest bit guilty?”

-END OF FLASHBACK-

 

I groaned.

Yang Yoseob, you idiot!

She tried to tell you! But you wouldn’t listen!

You accused her of lying! You accused her of acting innocent!

And you did all of this just based on the few words of those girls?

Why didn’t you just trust Seohyun? How could you say those things to her?

 

-FLASHBACK-

“You know what? I can’t stand this anymore! I’m sick of all of this! I don’t want you to do anything else to hurt Eunna, and to hurt me. I can’t take you and your lies anymore, I just can’t!”
 

“Let’s break up. You’re not the girl I loved anymore. The girl I loved was kindhearted. She would never hurt anyone for any reason. She would never resort to violence. And she would never tell lies.”

-END OF FLASHBACK-

 

Why, WHY WAS I SO HARSH ON HER?

I couldn’t imagine how devastated she must have felt.

To be completely innocent, yet have no one, not even her boyfriend, trust her.

I remembered how hard she cried on the day when I broke up with her.

My heart throbbed just thinking about it.

And to think, she didn’t even shed a tear when she got beaten up badly by others.

I couldn’t imagine how badly I must have hurt her.

And I promised that I wouldn’t let anyone hurt her.

How could I have done that?

 

There was no time to waste. I had to find her. As soon as possible.

During recess, I hurried over to her table, where Dongwoon and Yoona were eating.

“Oh. It’s you.” Dongwoon said in a flat tone.

“WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?” Yoona snarled at me angrily. “HERE TO SEE SEOHYUN SUFFER EVEN MORE? HERE TO SHOUT AT HER AGAIN? HERE TO MAKE HER CRY AGAIN?”

“Listen, I know she’s innocent. I overheard Eunna. She paid the group of girls to accuse Seohyun of hurting her. I know she’s innocent, so I’m here to find her.”

“FIND HER?” Yoona bellowed. “And what, APOLOGIZE? To get her back? You actually expect her to come RUNNING BACK TO YOU after what YOU DID TO HER?” She was screaming now, and everyone was looking at our table.

“I know. I’m an idiot! I should have trusted Seohyun from the first place!” I tried desperately. “Could you PLEASE tell me where she is, so I can make it up to her?”

“Too late!” Yoona smirked, obviously pleased. “She finally came to her senses, and decided to forget you once and for all. Last week, her parents signed her up to leave Seoul and attend another University, far away from her, where she can meet other guys, and where she won’t have to be tortured every day! Where there isn’t a YANG YOSEOB to make her cry! She left this morning. Dongwoon and I already sent her off. She’s gone. And she won’t be coming back.”

“WHAT? WHERE DID SHE GO? WHICH UNIVERSITY?” I asked Yoona desperately. “WHERE EXACTLY IS SHE NOW?”

“WHY SHOULD I TELL YOU?” She raised her voice. “SO YOU CAN SWEET-TALK HER INTO TAKING YOU BACK AGAIN? NO! I WON’T TELL YOU. I’LL LET YOU SUFFER FOR A CHANGE! SHE’S GONE. SHE’S DECIDED TO MOVE ON. TOO BAD! YOU LET HER GO, SO YOU PAY THE PRICE. NOW GET LOST BEFORE I THROW MY FOOD ONTO YOUR DISGUSTING FACE!”

Dongwoon held her down, preventing her from attacking me.

“Just leave.” He said coldly. “Too bad. You were the one who drove her away. You can’t expect to get her back. Now leave, and never speak to us again. I mean it.”

I had no choice but to leave their table. There was no way they were going to tell me anything else anyway.

Seohyun left Seoul?

She left the school?

She was…gone?

I was too late.

UGHHHHH! YOU IDIOT! Why didn’t you believe her in the first place? How could you say such things to her? How?

This is your fault. All of your fault.

You have no one to blame but yourself.

I buried my face into my hands.

I could feel hot tears streaming down my cheeks.

Seohyun ah, take care of yourself out there.

I wish you all the best

Hopefully you can find a guy much better than me, someone who cherishes you, and who would trust you wholeheartedly.

I’m sorry.

I love you, Seo Joo Hyun.

 

Seohyun’s POV:

“Passengers taking train number 504 to Incheon, you may start boarding now.”

I grabbed my luggage, and starting boarding the train, taking a seat near the window.

Before the train left, I took a good look out of the window.

I could see JooHae University, from a distance.

Goodbye, JooHae University.

Goodbye, everyone.

Goodbye, Dongwoon oppa. Thanks for sticking with me through all my hard times, and always being such a caring, awesome oppa. I love you.

Goodbye, Yoongie. Thanks for always standing up for me, and giving me support. You’ll always be my best girl friend ever. I love you.

Goodbye, appa and umma. Thanks for taking care of me all these years. I’ll miss you guys so much. I love you.

Goodbye, Yang Yoseob. Thanks for being such an adorable, sweet and caring boyfriend to me for the past month. You really did brighten up my life, although it seems that we are just not fated to be. But thanks for being there for me. Thanks for everything. I wish you and Eunna all the best. I…I love you.

Goodbye, Seoul.

Goodbye.

When I leave, I’m going to leave all my memories, good and bad, behind.

I’m going to start a new life in Incheon.

 

I took one last glimpse of JooHae University before the train sped off.

--------

As promised, here's the second update for the day :DDDDDDDDDD

THANK YOU GUYS FOR ALL THE COMMENTS :D PLEEEEEASESPAMCOMMENT SO WHEN I WAKE UP I CAN READ MANYMANY NICE COMMENTS HEHEHEH x)

I'll be updating in a few days time (: This story is coming to an end you guys D: I'm so sorry D: BUT I'LL BE STARTING ON A NEW FANFIC, and the plot is much more original (i think) and it'll probably be more interesting (i'll try) so do support me okay :D of course IT'LL BE YOSEOB-RELATED :D now im doing a Yoseob-and-you pairing :D <3 <3