Bring it on

Just the way you are

 

Chapter twenty-nine:

Seohyun’s POV:

I collapsed onto my bed, exhausted from all the drama that had just happened.

I just wanted to take a nap. I wanted to go to sleep and forget everything about Yang Yoseob.

Heck, I didn’t even want to wake up. If I could sleep forever, I would.

Because living was torture

Before I knew it, I drifted off to sleep.

As I was sleeping, I was dreaming.

I dreamt about my first day in University, when he took a seat beside me.

I dreamt about the time in the cafeteria, where I smashed ice-cream into his face.

I dreamt about the time when I visited the Yang family for dinner, and saw Yoseob there.

I dreamt about our first tuition lesson together, when we made that silly bet.

I dreamt about the bus ride that we had, where I got pushed around and he protected me.

I dreamt about the time where we looked at the top fifty list together, and how happy we were when we found out that he was twenty-fifth in the level.

I dreamt about our first chemistry experiment, where I spilled acid onto my calf and Yoseob carried me to the infirmary. He held my hand as the nurse put cream on my wounds and gave me piggyback rides everywhere.

I dreamt about the time when he got sick because he gave his umbrella to me. I took care of him and fed him soup.

I dreamt about the Spring Dance, where I got drunk and he sent me back home.

I dreamt about the time where he went on a date with Seungmi to spite me, and how I stalked them.

I dreamt about our trip to Incheon, where he helped me down from the rope course, found me in the forest and gave me a kiss for the first time.

I dreamt about my birthday, where he planned a surprise party for me all by himself.

So beautiful my girl~

 

“Hyun!”

I was awakened by the sound of someone calling my name.

I opened my eyes sleepily. It was Yoona and Dongwoon.

“Finally! You’re awake!” Yoona gave me a hug.

“We heard about what happened.” Dongwoon said softly.

“Yeah, and we believe you. There’s no way you would actually push Eunna into the pond!” Yoona smiled and patted me on the back.

I smiled weakly.

“Thanks guys, but…but Yoseob didn’t believe me. He…he broke up with me…He said he couldn’t stand me anymore…” I couldn’t help it. I burst into tears once more.

“HE WHAT?” Yoona and Dongwoon shrieked at the same time. If I wasn’t so miserable, I would have laughed.

“That jerk!” Yoona was extremely mad now. “If I get my hands on him, I’ll…”

“Hyun ah, forget about him.” Dongwoon said, squeezing my hand. “He’s not worth it.”

“Yes, Hyun. Forget about him. Erase all your memories with him. Show him what a big mistake he made for letting you go.” Yoona insisted.

“Yes. I should.” I felt a wave of determination rush through me.

“You can start now.” Yoona handed my phone to me.

“Delete him from your contacts. Delete him out of your life.” She ordered me.

I hesitated.

“Come on, Hyun.” Dongwoon urged me gently. “It’s for your own good.”

It was.

I had to do it.

If I did it, there was no turning back.

So I took a deep breath, and scrolled down to Yoseob’s contact.

Finish this off painlessly.

I closed my eyes and quickly hit the delete button.

It’s over, Yang Yoseob.

From today onwards, you’re deleted from my life.

Thanks for being there all this while though.

Thanks for caring about me for that period of time.

I loved spending time with you, but we’re just not meant to be.

So, goodbye, Yoseob.

 

 

I thought that after Yoseob broke up with me, the drama would be all over, but I was dead wrong.

It was another typical day at school. As usual, everyone ignored me, or glared at me coldly. Nothing new. I was getting better at controlling my emotions. I had chemistry lab that morning with Yoseob and Eunna, and I didn’t even shed a tear. I basically ignored them for the whole time, and focused on completing the experiment. I was proud of myself.

There, I’m not begging you to take me back.

I don’t need you

I can do just fine without you

Anyway, I was walking back home after school when I felt a rough hand drag me back.

“What the-“

A whole group of students were surrounding me. They looked at me menacingly.

“So, you think you can just pretend nothing happened, huh?” One of them asked me.

“You think you can just beat up whoever you like and get away with it, just like that?” Another smirked.

“Well, today, you’re going to get a taste of your own medicine! Take that!” One of them gave me a tight slap on the cheek. It stung badly.

My eyes welled up, but I refused to cry this time.

Come on, Seohyun. You’re stronger than this.

So I held my tears back. I glared at them.

“That’s all you’ve got?” I challenged them. “Bring it on!”

Another gave me a hard punch on the stomach, causing me to double over in pain. But I refused to cry.

Someone kicked the back of my knees from behind, causing me to fall on my face. The pain was excruciating. I was on the verge of crying.

NO! YOU CANNOT CRY, SEOHYUN! YOU CANNOT GIVE THEM THAT SATISFACTION!

Someone pulled me up roughly from behind, and pinched my arms with her sharp nails.

“Does it hurt? Now you know how Eunna suffered!” She hissed, twisting my skin.

I didn’t make a sound. I put on the same expression.

I was numb to pain already.

I had to win this battle.

“Playing tough, huh? Let’s see what you’ll do about this!” One of them was ready to throw a punch directly into my face.

I closed my eyes, bracing myself for the impact.

It hit me squarely on the face, and I could feel blood at my lips.

“WHO THE HELL DID THAT?” I could hear Dongwoon running towards me.

“IT WAS YOU, RIGHT?” I could hear him throw a punch at the guy who attacked me. “NOW GET LOST, BEFORE I DO SOMETHING NASTY.” He growled. I could hear the group scattering away.

“Hyun!” Dongwoon knelt down beside me. “How could they do this to you? Look at yourself! You’re covered with bruises! Come on! Let’s get you back home!”

He quickly picked me up, bridal style, and carried me back to my house.

“Thank you,” I whispered, resting my head onto his chest.

That was the last thing I said before I out, dizzy from the impact.

 

Yoseob’s POV:

“Yoseob ah! Could you run down to the store to buy me some milk?” Umma asked me.

“Ne, umma.” I grabbed some money, and left the house.

The lift opened.

Son Dongwoon was inside, carrying an unconscious Seohyun into her house.

I gasped.

Her face…it was bleeding! She had scratches on her arms, and bruises on her cheeks.

He glared at me with so much hate.

“Are you happy now?” He spat. “Look at all her bruises! ARE YOU HAPPY NOW?” He bellowed, furious.

“W…what happened?”

“Like you care anymore.” Dongwoon rolled his eyes and carried Seohyun into her house.

 

What just happened?

How did she get so badly injured?

 

I couldn’t deny the throbbing pain in my heart when I saw her like this.

The truth is, I still loved her. And I couldn’t deny it.

---------

HEY GUYS :DDDD

GUESS WHAT?

I DID REALLY WELL FOR MY EXAMINATIONS :DDDDDDDDDD

And it's all thanks to you guys (and maybe my hardcore studying DID help a little xD) THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL THE WISHES :D I managed to get mostly A+s HAHAHA I LOVE YOU GUYS <3 <3 <3 SO HAPPY

PLUS IT'S MY BIRTHDAY :DDDDDDDDDD *pleeease wish me happy birthday in the comments section hahaha xD*

SO AS PROMISED, I'LL DO A DOUBLE UPDATE TODAY :DDDDDDDDD HAPPY :DDDDDDDD??????

KAMSAMIDA GUYS <3 LOVE YOU :D