The birthday game

Just the way you are

 

Chapter twenty-four:

Yoseob’s POV:

It had been about a month since we had been dating. We would head off to school in the morning together and I would sometimes surprise her with homemade breakfast even! And although she called me “cheesy” and “cliché”, I knew she was touched. Seobaby (my new nickname for Seohyun) would come over to my house every evening for tuition. She was my private-tutor. She was ALL MINE. Kekekeke.

Dating Seohyun was unlike dating any other girl. I never grew tired of it. The excitement of seeing her every morning still gets me without fail. And the unwillingness of seeing her leave every night always made me sad.

 

“And x equals to fifteen!” I exclaimed, clapping for myself.

It was 9pm, time for my Seobaby to leave. Awwww D:

Seohyun giggled and clapped along. “Good job! Okay, I guess I have to go now!” She started packing up.

I puckered up my lips playfully and closed my eyes.

“What do you want?” She asked me playfully.

“Good night kiss! Seobie wants a good night kiss! Give Seobie a good night kiss!” I whined, puckering up my lips again.

“No!” She exclaimed. “Now I’m going to go now!” She started to dart out of the door.

“You’re not going anywhere!” I playfully put my arm around her waist and dragged her back, holding her down on my lap.

“Aishhh! Let go!” She complained.

“Not without a good night kiss!”

“Never!”

“I guess we’ll have to do this the Yoseob way, then!” I started to tickle her. I knew she could stand tickling. It made her laugh so hard.

“L…let go! St…top it! It…it tic…tickles!” She laughed, tears streaming out of her eyes. “G…go aw…away!”

“Not unless you give me a kiss!”

“I never heard of a boyfriend having to force his girlfriend to kiss him!” Seohyun complained, but gave me a quick kiss all the same. “Happy?”

“Now tuck me in!” I was trying to annoy her. I jumped into my bed. “Tuck Seobie in NOW!”

“Aishhhh…” She rolled her eyes playfully and walked up to my bed, pulling the blanket over me gently and tucking it around me. “Comfy?”

I nodded, like a happy baby.

“Goodnight, my big baby.” She gave me a bonus kiss on the forehead, and left the room.

[A/N AWWWWW <3 FLUFFNESS OVERLOAD <3<3<3]

Seohyun’s POV:
“Happy birthday, Seohyun!” My parents came into my room, waking me up.

“Mmmm?” I said sleepily. Oh right! It was my birthday today! I almost forgot! “Thank you, umma! Thank you, appa!” I gave them both a hug and a kiss each.

After a ‘birthday breakfast’ made by umma, I left the house. Yoseob was waiting for me outside his house, as usual.

I wonder if he knew that my birthday was today.

I never actually mentioned my birthday to him before.

“Good morning, Seobaby!” Yoseob’s face lit up when he saw me.

Hmmm…he apparently had no idea that it was my birthday today.

Well, I couldn’t blame him. I never brought up my birthday to him before.

But still, how I wished that he had known.

Oh well…

 

During recess, Yoona and Dongwoon were waiting for me at our usual table.

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY SEOHYUN!” They shouted in unison. I looked around frantically. Yoseob wasn’t there. Thank goodness.

“Shhh! Not so loud!” I hissed. “People don’t know that it’s my birthday, and the last thing I want is their attention! Thanks anyway, guys.” I gave them two big hugs. “You guys are by far the only people here who have wished me happy birthday.”

“WAIT, WHAT? YOU MEAN YANG YOSEOB DIDN’T-“ Yoona shrieked.

“I never told him when my birthday was.” I muttered.

Yoona groaned in frustration. “Hyun ah! How could you have not told him? You can’t blame the boy for not wishing you happy birthday IF YOU NEVER TOLD HIM WHEN IT WAS!”

“I know!” I whined. “But I still want him to wish me all the same!”
“Why don’t you just tell him that it’s your birthday today?” The clueless Dongwoon asked.

Sigh, boys. They were such simple-minded creatures.

Yoona and I exchanged a look.

“Because,” Yoona sighed. “Seohyun does NOT want to seem desperate. And telling him that it’s your birthday today definitely counts as desperate.”

“Oh…” Dongwoon said, not looking very convinced.

 

Yoseob’s POV:

And to think, she actually thought that I forgot her birthday.

What a silly girl.

How could I, being her boyfriend, forget my Seobaby’s birthday?

I know, she never mentioned it to me, but how could I not do some simple research to find out?

I saw her disappointed smile when I only wished her good morning this morning.

The reason why I didn’t wish her happy birthday was so that the surprise I planned for her tonight would be so much more fun!

Speaking of which, it was 7:50pm.

Time to put my plan into action!

Seohyun was due to arrive anytime soon. I didn’t have time to waste.

 

Seohyun’s POV:

It was 7:55pm. I quickly changed into a hoodie and shorts and headed towards Yoseob’s house for our daily tuition.

When I entered his room, Yoseob was nowhere to be found. Instead, I saw a huge banner on his study desk.

 

Seobaby!

I don’t feel like studying today, so let’s play a game!

I’m hiding right now! Follow these clues to find out my location!

When you find your adorable Seobie oppa, there’ll be a surprise waiting for you!
 

-Seobie-

 

Aishhh…this kid.

There was NO WAY that I would actually participate in his silly game!

But…he DID say that there would be surprise waiting for me if I found him…

I took a quick look at the clue he pasted at the bottom of the banner.

 

Clue #1

Solve the equation.

Yoseob + Seungmi + Seohyun = ???

(Guess a location)

 

WHAT? That didn’t even make sense.

How could I just add up three people’s names to get a location.

Hmmm…how to link Yoseob, Seungmi and I?

I got it!

It was that day when I decided to stalk those two on their “date”

Which was held AT THE CINEPLEX

I immediately hopped onto the nearest bus and took it to the Seoul Cineplex.

What is Yoseob planning?

-----------

What do you think of this chapter (: DID YOU LIKE THE ADORABLENESS FLUFFNESS AT THE FRONT :DDD I WAS SO HAPPY WHEN I WROTE IT KEKEKEKE <3

Anyway thank you all so much for the goodluck wishes :D The math paper was pretty easy and I think I did well :D IT'S MY HISTORY FINALS TOMORROW AND INSTEAD OF STUDYING, I UPDATE :D SO COULD YOU GUYS PLEASE WISH ME GOODLUCK AGAIN :DDDDD I reallyreally need to do well for history >< KAMSAMIDA <3 <3 <3

And after my finals (10 oct is my last paper), I'll give you guys a DOUBLE (or triple if you guys pester me enough) UPDATE :DDDDDD HOW'S THAT??????

Love you guys and thank you so much for being so supportive :D