Good luck!

Just the way you are

 

Chapter seven:

[Two months later…]

Yoseob’s POV:

Today was the day before my first exam, mathematics.

It was 7:55pm. 5 more minutes before Seohyun was due to arrive.

I couldn’t believe how fast time had flown.

For the past two months, Seohyun had been coming over every weekday night to tutor me.

I couldn’t believe how much progress I was making.

I didn’t know whether it was her teaching, or my determination to win the bet, or even a combination of both that caused this progress.

I was really getting fond of Seohyun. She had stopped hating me for a long time ago, so she was actually pretty pleasant to me.

She would smile at me and even wave slightly when she saw me in school.

She would talk to me on the bus. Even though she only talked to me about school and work, it was a start.

She would even invite me over to her house sometimes for extra lessons.

I smiled, remembering the first time I went over to her house.

 

-FLASHBACK-

“Here we are,” she led me into her room.

I looked around. There was an adorable teddy bear on her bed.

“Awww! A teddy bear!” I went to give her teddy bear a big hug.

“Yah! Don’t make fun of me!” She was blushing, obviously embarrassed that I found out that she still had a teddy bear. “If you tell ANYONE about this, you’re dead!”

“You still have teddy bears~ You still have teddy bears~” I sang annoyingly.

“Shut up!” She stomped her foot, her face turning slightly red. It was so entertaining to make fun of her. She would have such big reactions.

“Relax,” I reassured her. “I won’t tell anyone.”

“In fact,” I leaned in to whisper. “I have one too! Maybe I could bring my beary over for a playdate with yours!”

She burst out laughing. “YOU? The great Yang Yoseob? YOU have a teddy bear?” She couldn’t stop giggling. I loved her laugh.

I held up her teddy bear to my face. “Don’t you think I look like a teddy bear?” I puffed up my cheeks.

She rolled her eyes and snatched her teddy bear back from me. “Yuck! I’m sorry, teddy, that you’re being compared to him!”

I pouted. She giggled.

“Enough playing! Let’s get started.” She suddenly turned serious.

-END OF FLASHBACK-

 

I didn’t know why, but I felt so comfortable around her.

In front of her, I didn’t care about my “cool” image at all. I could just be…me. The real Yang Yoseob. The one who loved to act cute and all.

I wasn’t afraid of her seeing this side of me.

It was weird that I felt so comfortable around her when I barely even knew her.

The doorbell rang.

I felt my heart flutter, just like it would every night when she came for tuition.

“Seohyun!” I called her up. She smiled sweetly and followed me up the stairs.

“Annyeong” She put down a thermal flask on my table.

I looked at the flask, confused.

“I…I made this for you.” She blushed, embarrassed. “It’s…It’s soup. For the brain. Drink it!” She pushed it towards me.

I couldn’t help smiling at her thoughtfulness, although she tried not to show it most of the time.

“Thanks,” I took a sip. It tasted so good.

I made a face, just to see her reaction.

“What’s wrong? You don’t like it?” She was panicking. “Because you don’t have to drink it if it’s bad!” She hastily took back the bowl.

Oh my god. Her reactions were so funny.

She caught me laughing and whacked me.

“Yah! Remind me never to do anything for you again!”

“I’m sorry!” I laughed and drank up all the soup. “It’s delicious!”

“That’s better” She smiled.

When I was done, she cleaned up.

“So,” She looked at me. “How are you feeling? Nervous for tomorrow?”

“A little,” I admitted. “What if all my hard work goes down the drain? What if the paper is too difficult? What if I get a mental block and can’t answer all the questions? What if-“

“Relax. You’ll do just fine. I know you’ll do well.”

“So you believe in me?” I grinned cheekily.
“No, I believe in my teaching skills.” She said hastily. “And yes, I believe that you can do it.” She added with a smile. “Now let’s get started.”

Seohyun spent the next hour doing a quick, relaxed revision with me. I got all the answers right.

“See?” She said when I got the answer right again. “It’s not difficult for you. You can do all the questions for all the topics. You’re set for tomorrow’s paper!”

She had so much confidence in me.

“But if I don’t do well…then…you’ll never talk to me again.” I said in a soft voice.

I had spent so much time with her, and I really enjoyed it.

I couldn’t lose this bet. I just couldn’t.

I couldn’t bear not to talk to her ever again.

She sighed, rolling her eyes.

“Yang Yoseob! Trust you to think of the bet at a time like this! Tell you what, I’ve changed my mind.” She looked really embarrassed. “If you don’t get into the top fifty list, you’ll just owe me, big time. I…I’m cancelling the part about ignoring you forever.”

“JINJIA?” I couldn’t hide my happiness. “REALLYREALLYREALLY?”

“Aishhhh! But you’ll owe me big time! So you still have to make yourself do well, okay?”

I nodded happily. The thing I feared most was solved.

She looked at her watch.

“Oh! Look at the time!” She got up and packed her books.

She was about to leave when she turned back suddenly and smiled at me.

“I believe in you. You can do it! Make me proud!”
I will.

I will do well.

If you believe in me, I believe in myself.

I won’t let you down.

 

The next day, I left to school as usual, my stomach full of butterflies.

As usual, I tagged along behind Seohyun.

Seohyun spent the entire bus ride testing me math questions.

She kept on testing me, making sure I got everything right, even as we entered the lecture hall for our examinations.

I could tell she wanted me to do well too.

“Students, please take your seats according to your examination number. The exam will commence in five minutes.” Professor Kim announced.

I was about to leave for my seat when I felt a soft hand slip into mine.

“Good luck!” She squeezed me hand gently and walked to her seat.

I couldn’t stop smiling.

She held my hand!

I was SO going to do well for this test.

 

Seohyun’s POV:

The paper began.

I looked at the questions.

They were generally easy, nothing that I didn’t teach Yoseob.

I wonder how he finds the questions.

Does he know how to do them?

Does he remember everything I went through with him?

What if he doesn’t know how to solve the questions?

What if he makes careless mistakes?

Wait, Seo Joo Hyun! You should be focusing on your own paper! Why are you STILL thinking about Yang Yoseob?

Aishh! Forget about him! Do your work NOW!

I completed all the questions easily, and checked through them.

Five minutes left.

I couldn’t resist stealing a quick peek at Yoseob.

He was looking at his paper intently.

Is he stuck at a question? Oh no!

But he could also be checking his answers, like I reminded him too.

I wonder if he thought of me when he was doing his paper.

STOP IT, SEO JOO HYUN! STOP THINKING OF YANG YOSEOB ALREADY!

“Time’s up.” Professor Yang started collecting our scripts.

I couldn’t help looking at Yoseob again. He was looking at me too.

He flashed me the thumbs up sign and grinned.

I heaved a sigh of relief.

Thank goodness.

---------------------

Annyeong (:

As promised, the next chapter (: So, how do you think Yoseob will do x) Guess a number between 1-50 :D

Anyway i'll try to update daily x) Thanks for all those sweet comments :D love you guys! Feel free to spam this fanfic with comments because I love reading them (