Surprise!

Just the way you are

 

Chapter twenty-five:

Seohyun’s POV:

I arrived at the Seoul Cineplex, but Yoseob was nowhere in sight.

“Hey! Seo Joo Hyun!” I heard a voice call me.

I spun around. It was one of Yoseob’s friends, Lee Kikwang.

“Ne?”

“If you want to find your SEOBIE BEAR” Kikwang said, making a disgusted face as he said those words, “Take bus X and alight Y stops from this bus stop. X is the position that he got in the top 50 list and Y is the date where you had your first kiss with him.” Kikwang was practically gagging.

I sighed.

“Ughhh! What is he playing? He’s so troublesome!” I groaned, running back towards the bus stop. “Bye, Kikwang!” I called out.

“Bye! Good luck!” Kikwang grinned and waved back.

 

That meant…that I had to take bus twenty-five and alight nine stops (I kissed him on the ninth of August) from this bus stop.

Ughhhhhh. The surprise had better be good.

 

I alighted exactly nine stops taking bus twenty-five. I looked around that area, and saw a boy standing around.

“Yah! Yang Yoseob!” I approached the guy. He turned around. It was Yoon DooJoon, one of his other friends.

“Oh! Annyeonghasaeo, Doojoon!” I greeted him. “Let me guess, you’re here to give me another clue?”

He nodded, and started reading. “Good job, my adorable SEOBABY!” Doojoon winced. “Yoseob sure knows how to sweet-talk a lady. Anyway, this station is called, “How well do you know your Seobie boo?” I’ll be asking you a total of 4 questions about Yoseob, and if you can get them all correct, I’ll tell you where the next station is.”

“There’s still more?” I groaned. Doojoon chuckled.

“Yoseob wanted to annoy you as much as he could!”

“Aishh…okay. The questions, please?”

Doojoon grinned. “Awesome! Okay. The first question is, who is Yoseob’s girlfriend?”

“WHAT? Is this just some totally cheap method of making me admit that he’s my boyfriend?”

“Answer the question!”

“Fine!” I groaned. “Seo Joo Hyun.” I was blushing.

“Ding!” Doojoon was laughing. “Correct! Next question, what is Yoseob’s favourite colour?”

“Oh that’s easy,” I answered confidently. “White!” I remembered how he looked like a giant marshmallow on the morning of our trip and giggled.

“Correct! Question three, what is Yoseob’s favourite food?”

I thought back to one of our conversations, where he was going crazy about ramen.

“Ramen.” I smiled, remembering how enthusiastic he was about ramen on the bus.

“Correct! Last question, when is Yoseob’s birthday?” Doojoon continued.

My heart sank a little at the mention of ‘birthday’. I knew his birthday, but he didn’t know mine.

“January 5th” I answered, trying to smile.

“CORRECT! Congratulations! Continue walking down this road, and you’ll see what you have to see.” Doojoon grinned and waved goodbye.

I started to walk down the road, curious of what was going to happen next.

Suddenly, I saw someone running in front of me.

“Aha! Yoseob! Hold it right there!” I shouted, but the person continued to run.

“You’re not getting away that easily!” I started chasing after the person down the road.

Boy, Yoseob sure runs fast. But I wasn’t going to let him get away.

He turned into a corner and I followed suit.

 

I gasped.

I was in a tiny park. In the middle of the park was a table with a huge cake on it.

There were balloons everywhere. They were pink and shaped like hearts.

There were even lightings hung up on the trees nearby. They were flashing on and off, and it was a gorgeous sight.

“Surprise!” I felt a pair of strong hands circle around my waist.

“Yoseob?” I turned around to see Yoseob, looking adorable in a white sweater, grinning cheekily. “What’s this?”

“It’s a surprise party, silly! For you!”

“Huh?”

“You didn’t think that I would actually forget your birthday, did you?” Yoseob chuckled, holding my hand and leading me to the center of the table, where a huge, heart shaped cake was waiting for me.

“This…” I was shocked. And extremely happy the same time. So Yoseob knew that today was my birthday after all! He didn’t forget!

“I made this cake for you.” He said, proudly. “It’s strawberry flavored, your favourite, and I even did the icing myself! See?”

Sure enough, the words ‘Happy Birthday Seobaby’ were written on the cake in strawberry frosting.

“Y…you did this…all by yourself? The whole thing?” I asked him, still shocked.

He nodded proudly. “Well, and I did get Kikwang and Doojoon’s help, but they don’t count!”

I couldn’t believe he took all this trouble, the decorations, the cake, the games…

Just for me.

No boy had ever taken so much trouble for me before. Not even oppa.

I was so touched, so touched that my eyes started to well up.

“What’s wrong? Why are you sad?” Yoseob asked me, concerned. “I’m sorry. Did I do something wrong? I know! It’s the cake, right? It may look ugly, but I promise it tastes good!”

I giggled, tears rolling down my cheeks. “Don’t be silly! How could I be sad? I…I’m happy, you idiot! I…I thought you really didn’t remember my birthday! I…I thought you didn’t care!” 

He gave me a hug. “You’re the idiot if you actually thought I would forget my Seobaby’s birthday!”

“I know. Thank you, Seobie. You’re the best boyfriend a girl could ever ask for.” I smiled, wiping my tears away.

Suddenly, music started playing. Yoseob picked up an imaginary microphone and started singing.

 

~Oh listen to my heart

Nae mam deureobwa bwa
Eotteon mallodo neoreul pyohyeonhal su opjiman

 

Geunyang nae stylero nae mam dullyeojulge
Oh listen listen listen girl

 

Nothing better than you
sesangeul da jwodo
You you you you
neowa bakkujin motae

 

*skips the rap*

 

So beautiful my girl
Oh oh girl oh oh girl
Shigani jinado
Nuguboda naega deo deo deo
Neoreul akkyeojulge my girl modu da julge
Neo neoege eege

Jigeum boda naega deo deo deo
Neoreul saranghalge my girl
You you you my girl~


(Beautiful – by B2ST)

 

“Happy birthday, Seohyun ah.” Yoseob smiled and linked his arm around mine. “Saranghae”

“Saranghae, Seobie.” I whispered and rested my head onto his shoulder gently. “I love you too.”

-----------

Surprise you guys! (:

Since I'm done with revision (there really isn't much you can revise for physics, chinese and additional math anyway :/), I decided to post up a new chapter, even though my finals continue tomorrow :/ so thank me :DDDDDDDDDD And as usual, I would love to hear your sweet comments :D

Firstly, many of you all bugged me for a triple update, so I PROMISE (spam my wall if I don't post them all up by 9pm) TO DO A....*drum roll*

TRIPLE UPDATE! :DDDD ON THE 10TH OCTOBER :DDDDDDDDD

So, don't forget to anticipate it :D just a few more days (: (to my freedom and your triple update xD)

Hope you guys like the story so far :D I tried to make it as fluffy as possible, because I know you guys love fluff :D

Anyway, comments are really appreciated (: (: (: Wish me all the best for my last three finals!

Did I mention that I love you guys <3 <3 <3 Leave a comment below if you love me too xD heheheheh *wantstofeelloved*