Why are you still bothering me?

Just the way you are

 

Chapter two:

Seohyun’s POV:

After a few hours of lessons, it was recess.

I met up with Yoona and Dongwoon, my other best friend.

Dongwoon was like an oppa to me, ever since we were ten.

And we three have been best friends ever since.

Ughh…I still couldn’t believe Yang Yoseob was in my math lecture.

I couldn’t believe he was my seatmate.

Throughout the whole lesson, I tried my best not to have any contact with him. When he talked to me, I responded in short sentences. I didn’t even look at him.

Hopefully, he wouldn’t remember me, and we would remain strangers for the rest of my University years.

“Hyun ah!” Dongwoon ran over and gave me a big bear hug. “I missed you so much!”
“Oppa!” I giggled, and hugged him back tightly. “I missed you too! The holidays were so boring without you!”

“Yah!” Yoona came to join us. “Are you saying I’m no fun?” She pouted.

“Maybe?” I , and dragged her in to join our group hug.

After hugging and getting our food, we sat down to eat.

“So,” I asked as I at my bento meal. “What’s new?”

“You would NEVER BELIEVE who’s in my class.” Yoona glared. “LEE KIKWANG.”

“I thought I was the only one!” Dongwoon exclaimed. “I got YOON DOOJOON in MY class. Hyun ah, did you get any of THEM?”

I nodded slowly. “I got YANG YOSEOB.”

Dongwoon and Yoona gasped.

“YANG YOSEOB?” Yoona exclaimed. “Oh my gosh, Hyun, that majorly.”

“The worst of the worst.” Dongwoon sighed, shaking his head.

“Does he recognize you?” Yoona asked me.

“Thankfully, no. Not yet, at least. I’m planning to keep a low profile during math lecture. Hopefully, we can remain as strangers for the rest of University life.”

[MEANWHILE…]

Yoseob’s POV:

The guys and I took a seat at one of the middle tables in the cafeteria.

I heard a burst of laughter at the table beside us.

It was that girl from math lecture.

This reminds me, I was going to ask the guys about that girl.

“Hey,” I nudged Hyunseung, who was devouring a sundae. “There’s this girl in my math class, named Seo Joo Hyun. That name sounds really familiar, but I couldn’t recognize that girl. Do you remember any Seo Joo Hyuns, or Seohyuns, in our classes before?”

“Seohyun…Seohyun…” Hyunseung frowned, trying to remember that name. Suddenly, he clapped.

“Yeah! Seo Joo Hyun, or Seohyun, was from our class in secondary school, remember?”

“Nope, doesn’t ring a bell.”

“She was that hideous looking girl that we used to make fun of? The fat, ugly one? The one who we nicknamed ‘Ugly pig’? Remember?”

Oh. Now I remembered her.

 

-FLASHBACK- (Secondary school)

Seo Joo Hyun was this fat, ugly girl from our secondary school.

She had a brief crush on me.

“Yoseob ah,” she approached me one day, tugging my sleeve. “I…I like you. Will you be my boyfriend?”

“You?” I spat, laughing at her. “What makes you think YOU can be my girlfriend? What makes you think that YANG YOSEOB would like a girl like YOU? You’re ugly, you’re fat and you’re a LOSER. Get lost, you ugly pig!”

Seohyun ran away, sobbing.

The entire class was laughing.

-END OF FLASHBACK-

 

I looked over at that girl from the other table again. She looked NOTHING like the Seohyun I knew in secondary school.

She was so slender. And she was so beautiful.

No way.

It couldn’t be that Seohyun.

I mean, there IS more than one Seohyun in the world.

“Who are you checking out, dude?” Kikwang turned to look at Seohyun.

“Woah.”

“See that girl? That’s Seo Joo Hyun, or Seohyun.”

“NO WAY!” The guys exclaimed.

“I’m sure she’s just another girl named Seohyun.” Doojoon said.

“I mean…the Seohyun we knew was so…and she’s so…” Hyunseung added.

“But look!” Kikwang pointed out. “She’s sitting with Im Yoona and Son Dongwoon. If I’m not mistaken, Yoona and Dongwoon were Seohyun’s best friends in secondary school.”

The other boys nodded.

“Well,” Junhyung got up from his chair. “I guess there’s only one way to find out. Come on, guys.”

We walked towards the table beside us.

Seohyun looked up. When she saw it was us, she immediately looked down again.

“Yah! What do you want?” Yoona scowled at us.

“You!” I pointed at Seohyun. She looked up. “You’re name is Seohyun right?”

She nodded.

“Were you ever from JooHae secondary school?”

“That’s none of your business.”

Oh, so she had a voice.

“Answer the question!”

She slammed her fist on the table and stood up.

“WHY?” She growled. “So you can insult me again? So you can call me, I quote, an “ugly pig” again? So you can HUMILIATE me in front of everyone again? WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM, YANG YOSEOB? Can’t you just leave me alone? You wouldn’t stop making fun of me in secondary school, when I was ugly and fat. And now, when I’m not, you still won’t leave me alone?”

Woah. She was majorly pissed.

She was really that Seo Joo Hyun from my secondary school.

That ugly, fat Seo Joo Hyun.

Only now, she was more of the gorgeous, slender and furious Seo Joo Hyun.

She wouldn’t stop ranting.

“Thanks to you, I suffered from depression for the whole of secondary school. EVERYONE called me a fat pig! EVERYONE! THANKS TO YOU!” She was screaming now. “Well, look at me now! I had to starve myself. STARVE MYSELF to become what I am now. AND IT’S ALL THANKS TO YOU! You think you can just go around insulting anyone you like, huh? Well, I’ve got something for jerks like you!”

She smashed her ice cream right onto my face.

“From now on, we don’t know each other.”

Then she ran out of the cafeteria.

 

Seohyun’s POV:

I ran out of the cafeteria, holding back tears of fury.

I heard footsteps behind me.

“Hyun ah!” It was Yoona and Dongwoon.

“You were awesome!” Yoona said, patting me on the back. “You totally showed him! You totally humiliated him in front of everyone! Did you see his face when you smashed your ice cream on it? Priceless!” Yoona grinned.

I burst into tears.

“I…I couldn’t help it! I…I was so angry! I…I wanted to kill him!”

Dongwoon oppa gave me a hug.

“I know, I know.” He soothed me. “Chill. Just ignore him from now on. We’ll protect you.”

Well, on the bright side, at least I got everything settled.

Yang Yoseob would not bother me anymore.

I could live my life, ignoring him.

How the heck did I even fall for him back then?

 

After school, I arrived back home.

Cheer up, Seohyun! We’re moving today! You’ll get a bigger room! You can redecorate it!

I cheered up at the thought of a new house, and a new room.

I think I’ll paint the walls sky blue. And I’ll buy those princess beds, with a canopy! And maybe I could even instill a television in my room!

“I’m home~” I called as I stepped into my old house. My parents were busy packing up.

“Oh! Hyun ah! You’re home!” My mom beamed. “Come help us with the packing! We’re almost done, and we can move into our new house by six! Aren’t you excited?”

Her enthusiasm was infectious. I nodded, smiling.

Then I started packing.

New house, here I come!

----------------

Annyeong (: 

Okay I'm really sorry, I KNOW THIS CHAPTER IS REALLY BORING TOO, BUT I SWEAR GET READY FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER BECAUSE THINGS ARE STARTING TO GET INTERESTING (: Promise :D 

I'll probably be posting a chapter a day, I guess, unless I get reallyreally busy >< Anyway, thank you for subscribing and commenting (: Really appreciate it (:

Thank you so much :D I love you guys!