Are you serious?

Just the way you are

 

Chapter nine:

Yoseob’s POV:

[One week later…]

It was the first day of school, right after spring break.

The start of a new term.

My spring break was pretty boring. I basically just hung out with the guys, as usual.

I didn’t get to see Seohyun for the whole break. She never came out of her house.

Sometimes, I would purposely hang out outside my house, hoping to catch her as she left her house, but no such luck.

I had no idea that I would miss her so much, even for a week.

As I left my house for school, I saw her outside her house, wearing her shoes on.

“Hey.” I called out. She looked up and smiled, waving.

Ughhh. How I missed that smile.

As usual, we started to head off to school together.

“So,” I tried to start a conversation. “How was your holidays? I didn’t see you much. Were you stuck at home the whole time?”

“Ani. I was hanging out with Dongwoon and Yoona the whole time, so I spent most of the holidays outside with them.”

When I heard her talk about her friend Dongwoon, somehow part of me just got so angry.

I pretended to be indifferent.

“I thought Yoona was your best friend?” I asked, pretending to ask just out of curiosity. “Who’s this Dongwoon guy?”

“Oh! He’s my other best friend! He’s like an oppa to me.” She smiled. “A nice, warm, caring oppa.”

Ughhhhhh. WHY DID SHE HAVE TO SMILE WHEN SHE WAS TALKING ABOUT HIM?

Before I could question her further, we arrived.

“What’s your first period?” She asked me.

I checked my new timetable. Chemistry lab. Oh great. Experiments were so boring.

“Chemistry lab.” I groaned.

She suddenly turned to look at me.

“Chemistry lab?” She looked at her timetable again. “I have chemistry lab too! Let’s go to the lab together then.”

My face immediately lit up.

Maybe chemistry wouldn’t be so bad after all.

 

Seohyun’s POV:

I walked into the chemistry lab, with Yoseob following me closely behind.

I couldn’t believe I had the same period as him AGAIN.

But this time, I was actually kind of…happy.

When I walked in, I saw Dongwoon waving to me happily.

“Hyun! You’re in chemistry lab too?” He was beaming as I approached him. “Awesome! We finally have something together!”

I was going to reply him when his face darkened. I turned to look at the door. Yoseob was walking in. And almost all the girls in the class were rushing towards the door to greet him.

Ughhh. Shameless losers.

Thankfully, Yoseob looked annoyed as well.

So did Dongwoon.

“Oh.” Dongwoon glared at him. “HE’S here too?”

I shrugged, pretending to be indifferent.

Dongwoon probably about to insult Yoseob when the professor walked in.

“Annyeong! I’m Professor Lee, your new chemistry lab teacher for the term.”

The class clapped halfheartedly. Most of the girls had their eyes on Yoseob.

UGHH! Stop staring at him and pay attention already, you shameless people!

“Anyway,” Professor Lee continued. “I’ll be assigning lab partners today. For every chemistry experiment, lab partners must work together to complete the experiment.”

Dongwoon squeezed my hand. “Hope we become lab partners!” He whispered.

I nodded, but I couldn’t help noticing all the girls turning to look at Yoseob again, probably hoping to become his lab partner.

I rolled my eyes.

“Son Dongwoon and Kim Taeyeon!” Professor Lee announced, motioning them to sit at the table at the back.

Dongwoon let go of my hand and sighed, obviously disappointed.

Dang it. I hope I don’t get stuck with one of those desperate girls.

“Yang Yoseob and…”

Every girl in class, including me, sat at the edge of our seats, dying to know who Yoseob’s lab partner would be.

“Seo Joo Hyun, please take a seat there.” Professor Lee pointed to a table at the front of the class.

I could hear almost everyone groan in frustration.

“Ughhhh! That’s not fair! She doesn’t even like him!”

“I’m so freaking jealous. Life !”

“How could Professor Lee not put him beside me?”

I looked at Yoseob. To think he was actually grinning at a time like this.

I turned to look at Dongwoon. As expected, he was glaring at Yoseob again.

I slowly walked towards the table. I could feel murderous eyes on my back as I took a seat beside Yoseob.

“This is so cool!” Yoseob was grinning at me.

“Shut up!” I hissed.

“To think I ended up with you. The other girls don’t look so happy though. You better watch out or-“

I kicked him in the shin. To think he was so sadistic to enjoy seeing me in this kind of situation.

Ughhhhh.

What to do? What to do?

 

Yoseob’s POV:

I couldn’t believe it.

I never expected that I would seriously get Seohyun as my lab partner.

Yes, I was hoping for it. I didn’t want to get stuck with an annoying girl who would basically just pester me every time we did experiments together.

I was hoping to get Seohyun, although I didn’t actually EXPECT to get her.

So when I heard Professor Lee announce our names, I couldn’t help but grin.

I caught Son Dongwoon giving me the death glare, but I didn’t care.

It was so funny to see Seohyun’s reaction when she realized we were going to be lab partners.

She looked so distressed, and was glaring at me. I grinned back at her, mocking her silently.

Anyway, for the rest of the lesson, Professor Lee basically just ran through with us the rules and safety procedures in the lab.

“We’ll be doing an experiment tomorrow, so please be here on time.” Professor Lee said. “Class dismissed.”

Seohyun immediately dashed out of the classroom, trying to run away from the herd of angry girls in my class.

I couldn’t help laughing.

Chemistry lab would be A LOT more interesting this term.

-------------

Annyeong (: Done with this chapter :D Hope you guys liked it :D Next chapter will be on their first chemistry experiment together. Something will happen between them. Hmmmmmm...

Anyway, fanylovespink! I know you're reading this x) I'VE UPDATED ALR HEHEHEH :D So...*waits impatiently* 

Shout out to all those wonderful commenters and silent readers! I love you guys (:

Pleasepleaseplease comment and subscribe (: Kamsamida <3