I can't believe you!

Just the way you are

 

Chapter twenty-seven:

Yoseob’s POV:

After dinner, Eunna and I went up to my room.

“Seobie ah.” Eunna looked at me with her doe-like eyes.

“Ne?”

“Can I ask you something?” She looked nervous.

“Anything.”

“Did…did I do anything wrong or something? Because...Seohyun seems rather…angry at me.”

“Seobaby? Angry at you? No way!” I laughed.

“Well…she’s been shooting me these dirty looks, and has been pretty cold to me today. I…I even saw her roll her eyes at me just now, during dinner…” Eunna looked sad.

“Are you sure? Seohyun wouldn’t do that for no reason! She barely even knows you! I’m sure it’s just your imagination!” I shrugged it off. It was probably just a misunderstanding. Seohyun wouldn’t do these things for no reason.

“If you’re sure…” Eunna looked down on the floor. “Because I get the feeling that she doesn’t like me very much…is she…jealous or something?”

Jealous? Of Eunna? No way! Seohyun knew that we were just good friends!
“Come on!” Jealous? No way!” I laughed. “Seobaby’s not that petty! And even if she were abit jealous, she definitely wouldn’t be mean, or do anything to hurt you! It’s probably just your imagination!”

Eunna smiled. “Yeah, it probably is! I mean, she seems like a really nice girl! No wonder you like her!”

I nodded. “Okay. Let’s get started on revision…”

 

Seohyun’s POV:

I left the house for school the next morning.

Strange…Yoseob wasn’t there…

I knocked on his door.

“Seobie? Where are you? It’s time to go to school!” I called out.

Mrs. Yang answered the door. “Oh! Seohyun ah! Why haven’t you gone to school yet? Yoseob and Eunna left some time ago! Eunna really wanted to arrive in school earlier, so that she could look around! Didn’t you follow them?”

I shook my head, feeling slightly disheartened.

Yoseob didn’t wait for me?

I felt my stomach sink.

Oh well, he probably just didn’t want to wake me up earlier or something.

Or he just forgot.

No big deal.

I’ll just go to school alone.

 

When I arrived in school, I couldn’t help overhearing some of the conversations in school.

“Wow! That was quick! I can’t believe Yoseob got another girlfriend so quickly!”

“She’s so pretty! Much prettier than that Seohyun. I’m glad he dumped her!”

“Those two are so cute together! I’m so jealous!”

 

Who were they talking about? Yoseob was with…another girl?

Nah, not possible. They’re probably just trying to make me angry or something.

I started walking to my first class, when I saw Yoseob and Eunna.

Eunna was holding Yoseob’s arm intimately, and they were laughing happily.

The girls were right. They DID look adorable together.

They’re just friends. JUST FRIENDS, Seohyun! Stop it!

I saw Yoseob send Eunna off to her first class. I took this chance to call him.

“Seobie ah!” I smiled, running towards him.

“Seobaby!” Yoseob smiled.
“Where were you this morning? I was waiting for you, but your mom said you already left for school!”

“Oh! I forgot to tell you! Eunna wanted to leave earlier for a school tour, so we left earlier!”

“Why didn’t you wake me up, then?” I knew I sounded like a jealous girlfriend, but I didn’t care.

“Mianhe…I kind of forgot…” Yoseob admitted, embarrassed.

“It’s okay,” I tried to smile. “Anyway, got to go! See you tonight at tuition!”

“Oh, I’m sorry! I can’t! I’m studying with Eunna!”

I didn’t want to say it, but I couldn’t help blurting it out.

“Oh, so Eunna’s living with you now?”

Yoseob frowned. “I’m just helping her with her homework!”

“So from now on, you’ll spend your nights with her?” I raised my voice.

“What’s the matter with you, Seohyun? Are you…jealous? Look, there’s nothing going on between Eunna and I. She’s just one of my best friends, and I want to spend time with her, okay? What’s with you?”

“Nothing.” I lied. “Got to go, now. Bye.”

I quickly ran to my next class, not willing to look at him in the eye.

What’s the matter with me?

 

Eunna’s POV:

School had just ended.

Time for the first phase of my plan.

I gathered a bunch of girls who I paid to help me in my plan. I was going to pretend that Seohyun slapped and attacked me, with those girls as my ‘witnesses’.

I took a deep breath, and started slapping and hitting myself, as hard as I could.

It hurt, but it would be all worth it.

I looked into the mirror. My hair was a mess, my lips were bleeding, and my face was red and covered with scratches and bruises. I tore my school uniform slightly, and splashed water on my face, to pretend that I had been crying.

Seo Joo Hyun, you’re SO dead.

 

 

Seohyun’s POV:

I was heading home, after school, when I saw Eunna lying on the floor outside the canteen, groaning in pain, surrounded by a group of girls from Yoseob’s fan-club.

Oh no! Did they attack her?

I ran towards Eunna. Her face was red, and covered with scratches and bruises. Her hair was in a mess, and she was crying. They must have beaten her up!

“Are you okay?” I bent down. “Here, let me help you up!” I held out my hand to Eunna.

“Eunna?” I heard a familiar voice call out.

Eunna grabbed my hand and yanked me down, causing me to fall on top of her.

“EUNNA!” Yoseob shouted worriedly and ran towards us. Eunna was crying.

“What happened, Eunna? Why are you covered in bruises? Why is your face red? Who did this to you?” He looked furious.

“No…one…oppa…” Eunna said, with a look of fear on her innocent face. “I…I…fell?”

“Don’t lie to me! Someone beat you up! Who did it? You can tell me!” He said gently.

Eunna shook her head, but looked at me, sniffing.

Yoseob turned to face me.

“She did it!” The girls pointed at me, all at once. WHATTHEHECK?

“Eunna was walking out of the canteen, when I saw Seohyun confront her. She was screaming at Eunna, calling her a “boyfriend-stealer” and a “”! Then, she beat her up! Really badly! She pulled her hair, and slapped her cheeks! She was about to strangle Eunna when you showed up!” One of the girls stepped forward and told Yoseob.

“WHAT?”

“Stop acting innocent, Seohyun. We all saw you doing that to Eunna!” Another girl glared at me.

“Yoseob…I…”

“I can’t believe you would actually hurt Eunna, an innocent girl!” Yoseob bellowed, glaring at me.

“Yoseob…I didn’t…I swear! I-“

“I told you, we are JUST FRIENDS. I didn’t want to believe that you were jealous, but from what you said this morning, I knew that Eunna was right. What I can’t believe is that you actually used violence on her? My best friend? How could you do that, Seohyun? I’m disgusted! I never knew that you would actually hurt an innocent girl, just because she was my good friend!”

“Seobie!”Tears welled up in my eyes. “I didn’t do it! I-“

“DON’T CALL ME SEOBIE!” Yoseob shouted at me. “I can’t even look at you now. And you’re still trying to act innocent? You’re scary, Seo Joo Hyun!”

He picked up Eunna from the floor gently and carried her towards the infirmary. I saw her smirking at me, with an evil grin on her “innocent” face.

“I…I didn’t do it…” I broke down into tears, after everyone had left. “I didn’t do it…why won’t you believe me? Do…do I really look like such a malicious person?”

“Hyun!” I saw Dongwoon running towards me.

“What happened?” He asked me, worriedly. “Why are you crying? Did you get hurt?”
I started crying even harder, and gave Dongwoon a hug.

“It’s okay, it’s okay…” Dongwoon patted my back gently. “You can tell me about it later. Calm down…calm down…it’s alright. I’m here for you…”

He called Yoona over, and they sent me back home.

I told them what happened on the way back home.

“He didn’t believe me,” I said softly. “He thought I really did it. He thought that I would actually hurt Eunna…” A tear escaped from my eye again. “He said that I disgusted him. Do I really look like the kind of person who would do that?”

“WHAT? HOW COULD HE NOT BELIEVE YOU?” Yoona was furious. “YOU WOULD NEVER HURT A PERSON! HOW COULD HE NOT KNOW THAT? WHEN I GET MY HANDS ON HIM-“

“It’s not his fault.” I defended Yoseob. “All the evidence was pointed towards me. Anyone would have thought that I did it.”

“But we don’t believe it at all!” Yoona retorted, giving me a hug. “Don’t worry, Hyun. Forget that boy! If he doesn’t trust you, that’s his problem! At least you’ll still have us!”

“Thanks guys.” I fake-smiled, just to make them happy. “I’m glad I have such good friends by my side.”

---------------------

2nd one for today ^_^ 

Who wants to punch Eunna in the face?

I know I do .___.