I miss her

Just the way you are

 

Chapter thirty-two:

Seohyun’s POV:

“Hope you enjoyed the ride, and have a nice day.”

I opened my eyes sleepily. I was back in Seoul. After three whole years.

I took a look out of the window.

Good old Seoul…

Good old JooHae University…

I took a deep breath and stepped out of the train.

“HYUNNNNNNNN!” As soon as I stepped out of the train carriage, two people threw themselves on me and practically squeezed me to death.

I grinned happily. “GUYS! I MISSED YOU SO MUCH!” I hugged them back tightly.

“It’s been so long, Hyun! I can’t believe you’re back!” Yoona was jumping up and down, hugging me tightly.

“HYUN! HYUN! DID YOU MISS YOUR OPPA?” Dongwoon tried to push Yoona away. “COME HERE AND GIVE ME A HUG!”

I giggled and gave Dongwoon a huge hug.

“Oh oppa,” I . “I missed your soft, squishy body so much! It’s so comfortable!”

“YAH! For your information, I have abs, you know?” Dongwoon playfully lifted his shirt up slightly.

I covered my eyes and swatted him away.

“Put it down! Yucks! My eyes! It burns!”

He laughed and gave me another big hug.

 

After group-hugging in this position for at least five minutes, we finally broke off.

“Come on, guys,” I smiled, linking my arms around theirs. “Let’s go to your house, Yoona. There’s so much we have to do together!”

 

Yoseob’s POV:

It was the day of the talk show. I dressed in a suit and a tie for professionalism.

30minutes before I go live…

Seohyun, can you see me now? Are you proud of me? I’m actually attending a talk show!

I wish you could see me now.


“Hey, bro, you nervous?” Kikwang took a seat beside me and patted my back.

“Kind of.” I admitted weakly. “What if I screw up on the notes? Or make a fool out of myself in front of so many viewers? I don’t know the questions being asked, so what if I babble like an idiot?”

“Relax, hyung. You’ll do fine. Seohyun would have been so proud of you, you know that?”

I nodded, smiling.

“Just think of her when you’re singing, and everything will be okay.” Kikwang advised me.

I hope so.

 

Seohyun’s POV:

We just finished our lunch, and hung out in Yoona’s room.

“Hey, what’s on TV? Could you turn to the KBS star talk show?”

Back a few years ago, it was practically a tradition for the three of us to watch the KBS star talk show.

Yoona switched on the television. The show was about to start.

“Welcome, ladies and gentlemen, to this week’s episode of KBS star talk!” The emcees said. Yoona went crazy when she saw her favourite idol, Onew of SHINEE, as one of the emcees.

“I wonder who’s going to be the guest this week.”

“I hope it’s SuJu!” Yoona grinned happily.

“Or SNSD.” Dongwoon added, grinning.

“I know you all are wondering who the special guest for today.” Onew said. “He recently debuted a few months ago, as part of B2ST, the extremely popular rookie boy band!”

B2ST? I had heard many of my friends in Incheon fangirling over them, but I was always too busy to find out more about them.

“He has a voice of an angel, and an extremely adorable and innocent face to match! Everyone, who do you think it is?” Onew held out the microphone to the audience.

“YOSEOB! YOSEOB! YOSEOB!” The audience chanted. Many girls even started to scream excitedly.

Yoseob? That wasn’t a very common name.

“You’re right!” Onew grinned. “Because today, our guest on the show is none other than YANG YOSEOB, FROM B2ST!”

The crowd went wild. They started to scream and clap crazily.

WAIT.

WHO DID HE JUST SAY?

I immediately turned to look at Dongwoon and Yoona. They were avoiding my gaze.

“Someone PLEASE tell me what’s going on.” I demanded.

“Well…you see…” Yoona started off.

“After you left, Yoseob and the others…they auditioned to be part of CUBE entertainment, you know, the agency that G.NA noona works in?”

I nodded.

“And they got in! So now, they’re more commonly known as the 5-member boy band named ‘B2ST’, or ‘BEAST’, and yeah…they’re famous now…Sorry we never told you about this, Hyun, but we figured it was better if you didn’t know.”

“It’s okay guys.” I smiled fakely, feigning indifference. “I guess that’s great for him! Wow!”

“You know, we don’t have to watch this week’s episode if you don’t want to…” Yoona said, biting her lip.

“I can handle it. Don’t worry, you guys! I’ve gotten over him already!” I lied, and turned my attention back to the television. The truth is, I was DYING to see him. Words could not describe how much I had missed that guy.

 

Yoseob appeared from backstage. He looked extremely adorable, and…was his hair BLONDE? He was dressed in a suit, and looked incredibly professional.

Not to mention handsome.

After so long, he still looked the same. The same chubby cheeks, the same silly smile, the same huge eyes…

“Anneyonghasaeo, Yoseob inmida!” Yoseob bowed and winked at the audience. His female fans went crazy.

I couldn’t believe it had been three years since I last saw him.

It felt seem like yesterday when he called me ‘Seobaby’, and gave me hugs.

I missed that guy. So much.

“Before we start, here’s a song for all you B2UTies out there! I love you guys!”

The music started playing.

 

Beautiful my girl~

OH.

MY.

GOSH.

Don’t tell me he’s actually singing…

 

He was.

He was singing that exact same song that he sang to me on my birthday.

Tears automatically came into my eyes when I heard that song.

 

-FLASHBACK-

“This song is specially dedicated to you, Seobaby.” Yoseob said when he finished the song.

“I…I love you. In this world, there’s really nothing better than you. I wouldn’t trade you for the whole wide world. I promise to cherish you and to give you my all. Saranghae, Seobaby.”

I blushed. “Aishh! You’re so cheesy!” I giggled and gave him a hug.

“I love you too, my Seobie.”

-END OF FLASHBACK-

 

Nothing better than you~

Yoseob ended the song perfectly. The fans went crazy.

“Give it up, ladies and gentlemen, for Yang Yoseob, the main vocal of B2ST!” Onew went back up onto the stage.

“Now Yoseob,” He began. “Now that you’re done with your song, we’re all dying to ask you some questions.” He motioned Yoseob to take a seat beside him.

“Firstly, you just got back your results last week right? I’m sure everyone is dying to know how you did!” Onew passed the microphone to Yoseob.

He was right, I was dying to know how Yoseob did.

Yoseob laughed and smiled modestly.

“I guess all my hard work did pay off.” He said. “I…I got tenth in the level…”

WHAT?

I looked at Yoona and Dongwoon again. They nodded.

“It’s true. He’s the tenth position in JooHae University.” Dongwoon confirmed.

I couldn’t believe it.

Tenth in the school?

That was…

That was amazing…

“TENTH POSITION?” Onew was surprised as well. “THAT’S…THAT’S AMAZING! How did you do it? Balancing schoolwork and practice?”

Yoseob chuckled. “It was really tough trying to make time for my schoolwork, but I wanted to do well, so badly. It was all hard work. Really hard work.”

“What made you want to work so hard?” Onew pressed on. “Were you always so hardworking?”

Yoseob shook his head. “No, I wasn’t. You know, I never would have imagined myself getting into the top ten in the final examinations. I was just aiming to pass, in fact. Passing was a big problem for me back then. I barely got into JooHae University, and that was how bad my college results were. Believe it or not, but I almost failed college.” The crowd buzzed, amazed at the huge improvement that he had made.

“In college, and even secondary school, I basically wasted my life and threw it away casually. I wouldn’t pay attention in lessons, I wouldn’t do my homework and I wouldn’t even bother trying to do well during examinations, although I knew I could do well if I wanted to. Everyone thought I was hopeless, and I was doomed for life. Even I did. I gave up with myself. I didn’t even bother to try.”

“So what made you improve so much?”

He took a deep breath. “Well, in my first year of University, I met this girl. She would come over to my house every night to give me tuition, and was really patient with me. She made me genuinely interested in studying, and genuinely gave it her all to help me. Even today, I still appreciate what she has done. Thanks to her, I managed to get into the top 50 list in my first year, and this has caused me to realize that anything is possible, as long as you put your mind to it. She made me decide not to give up on myself, because she believed in me. So I continued improving over the years, and came to where I am today. I made my parents proud, myself proud, and hopefully that girl proud too, if she ever knew what I became today.”

Wow.

I didn’t know that I meant so much to him.

“You mean, she’s gone?” Onew asked, surprised.

I looked at him, not sure how he would respond.

He sighed, and smiled weakly.

“Unfortunately, she left Seoul two years ago. And it was all thanks to me. Even today, I still regret it painfully. If I could turn back time, just once, I would fix my mistakes and make everything alright again. But unfortunately, I can’t do that. I…miss her…so much.” He sniffed, a single tear rolling down his chubby cheek, causing everyone to gasp in surprise. “She…she was so special to me…Ladies and gentlemen out there, please promise me one thing. Treasure every moment you have with the person you love, because you never know when they might just leave you. And never do anything that you may regret, like me, because regret is honestly the most painful feeling in the world.”

I turned off the television, my eyes wet with tears.

I couldn’t watch it anymore.

It killed me to see him so upset.

 

“Hyun…” Yoona said softly.

“Look, Seohyun. I can tell. On the day you left, Yoseob came running to us, begging us to tell him where you were. He was really desperate, and his eyes were even slightly watery. If I wasn’t so furious at him that time, I would have given in…”

“And?” I didn’t get what she was trying to say.

“And…I think he’s really sorry. And from what he said at the seminar, he really regrets it too. Seohyun, he really misses you, you’re really not going to at least talk to him when you’re here in Seoul?”

I shook my head sadly.

“I know he’s sincere. It’s not him. I’m not mad at him, or anything. I just…think it’s better if we forgot each other. I’d just make him miss me even more if I see him.”

 

Yoseob, I miss you too. I still do.

Do you know how proud I am of you?

Do you know how much I want to cuddle in your warm embrace again?

Do you know how much I want to kiss those soft, plump lips of yours again?

Do you know that I still love you, Yang Yoseob?

But I guess we’re just not meant to be

--------------

Annyeong :D

Pretty long update today :D STAY TUNED FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER. IT'S MY FAVOURITE (and personally i think its the best chapter in this whole fanfic kekeke xD) Can't wait to post it up (I'll wait for maybe 2-3 days again :D for suspense kekeke :D mianhe!

ANYWAY, TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK OF THIS CHAPTER OKAY :D 

I reallyreally love your comments. You guys have been the source of inspiration and motivation for me all this while :D I'm so surprised I managed to do 32 chapters already! IT'S ALL THANKS TO YOU (starts singing 'thanks to' by Yoseob and Junhyung kekeke)

But seriously, I LOVE YOU GUYS. (although i sometimes don't reply to your comments - BUT I REALLY DO APPRECIATE IT :D I READ EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM - I SWEAR!)

HAHAHA LOVE YOU AGAIN :DDDD *air kisses*

OH AND THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE VOTES :DDDDDDDD REALLYREALLY APPRECIATE ITTTT KYAAAA <3 <3 <3

OH! BTW, some of you guys were asking whether dongwoon is in B2ST or not.

Hmmm...let's just pretend, (just in this fanfic okay), that B2ST is a 5-member boy band :D hahaha xD dongwoon is supposed to be ignoring Yoseob, so he can't be in B2ST!!!!!! :DDDDDDD (sorry dongwoonie fans D:)