Do I know you?

Just the way you are

 

Chapter one:

Seohyun’s POV:

Ughhh…

Stupid alarm clock

I rolled over to turn it off.

Ah. Now I could finally sleep in peace.

Then my phone rang.

UGHHHHH.

“Hello?” I answered sleepily.

“SEOHYUN AH!” Yoona shrieked into the phone. “Are you still asleep? I knew it! You’re such a sleepyhead! Get up! NOW! It’s the first day of school!”

I moaned. Yoona was my best friend ever since we were ten. I loved her, but at times like this, I could really kill her.

“Yoona ah…” I whined. “Go away…I want to sleep…”

“Yah! Seohyun ah! Do I really have to get over her and personally drag you out of bed?” Even without looking at her, I knew she was rolling her eyes.

“But…”

“Enough buts! It’s the first day of school! There’s so much to do! You have to clean yourself up, style your hair, put on makeup, pick a fabulous outfit! There’s no time to waste!”

“No thanks. I’m going back to sleep.”

“Ha! I knew you’d say that, so I’m right outside your house now! Look out of the window!”

I looked out. Sure enough, Yoona was jumping up and down, waving at me frantically.

“You’re so persistent!” I complained. “Fine, you win! I’ll get up. Ughhhhhhhh…”

I hung up.

Yoona barged into my room.

She was wearing skinny jeans and that gorgeous new strapless top that we bought together last week at the mall. She had French braided her long, brown hair and applied on some light pink lip gloss. Period. Of course, she looked fantastic, as usual. The guys at our new school were going to go crazy.

“Hyun ah, wake up!” She dragged me out of bed. I groaned. She pushed me towards the bathroom and closed the door.

“Now take a shower, for goodness sake!” She nagged. “Must I nag to you about every single thing?”

After washing up, Yoona was practically dying to get her hands on my hair. She spent goodness-knows-how-long tugging and styling my hair.

“Wait!” She pressed me down on my chair after she was done with my hair. “Makeup time~” She sang.

I groaned.

She spent an equally long time doing goodness-knows-what to my face.

“Are you done?” I asked her for the millionth time.

“Almost~” She smiled and quickly applied some lip gloss onto my lips.
“Tada! Finished! Oh my gosh, am I a genius or what?”

“Oh please, come on, it’s not like-“

I gasped.

Oh.

My.

Gosh.

What exactly did Yoona do to me?

I…I…couldn’t believe it.

She had knotted my long, raven hair into a messy bun at the top of my head. She had applied some light pink blush onto my pale skin, giving it a rosy glow. She even put mascara on my eyes, making them even bigger than usual.

I looked…good.

Really good.

“Speechless?” Yoona smiled, obviously proud of herself.

“Woah.” That was the only thing I could say.

“Well, you have to make a good impression on the first day in a new school, right? Who knows, you may just meet your future husband in University!”

I laughed.

Oh Yoona.

How silly could she get?

 

Yoseob’s POV:

This was it.

JooHae University.

“And remember, Yoseob.” My mother was nagging for the umpteenth time. “Pay attention during lessons! You’re lucky you even managed to get to attend University, seeing your college results! I hope you won’t waste your time in school like you did in college and actually work hard for a change!”

I rolled my eyes. “Araso…” I loved my mother, I really did. But when she nags at me…

“Okay, good luck for your first day of school, sweetie. I love you.” My mother smiled warmly at me. “Good luck hug?”

I looked around quickly, making sure no one I knew was watching me, then I gave my mom a quick hug.

“I love you too, Omma! Now go away before anyone sees me hugging you!” I pouted.

“Aishh…this kid…” My mom sighed, smiling. She got into the car and drove off.

Great.

Time to start acting again, Yoseob.

Let me explain.

I’m Yang Yoseob.

In school, I’m known as Yang Yoseob, the gangster. Me and my friends, Kikwang, Doojoon, Hyunseung and Junhyung, practically ruled every school we’ve ever been in. We would break school rules, play with girls’ feelings and basically, most of the kids were terrified of us. Offending us would be the quickest way to make life in school hell. And everyone knew that.

At home, I’m known as Seobie, the sweet kid who loved aegyo and was extremely adorable. At home, I could really just be myself. I didn’t need to care about popularity, or coolness, or anything at all.

I had the brains to do well in school, but I barely tried, because I had a “cool”, “bad boy” image to maintain.

I wanted to fall in love so badly, but I went around breaking girls’ hearts, for the exact same reason.

Basically, I had this image to maintain in school. An image that made me a huge, horrible jerk.

This was why I was not looking forward to attending school.

Not at all.

My first class was a math lecture.

Great.

I entered the lecture hall.

“AHHHHH! IT’S YANG YOSEOB!” The girls started shrieking.

Oh great.

“Sit beside me, Yoseob sunbae!”

“No, sit beside me! This seat is empty!”

“Will you marry me?”

I rolled my eyes. Have these girls no shame?

Since none of the other guys had this period at this hour, I took a seat beside a random girl I didn’t know.

There was nothing to do before lessons, so I checked out my seating partner.

She was tall and slender, almost my height. She had a fair complexion and rosy cheeks to match it. Her black hair was up in a messy knot, and she was wearing a simple blue sweater over a pleated miniskirt. She looked really sweet, and really beautiful.

I was about to flirt with her when the professor came in.

“Welcome, students, to JooHae University! I’m Professor Kim.” There was some applause. “Okay, since this is the first day of school, let’s just start off by introducing ourselves. We’ll not be starting on lessons yet.” The class cheered.

The students started to introduce themselves one by one. Most of the girls would look at me seductively when doing so.

“Hey, my name is Goo Seungmi, and I’m single.” One of the girls smiled, winking at me.

I gagged, disgusting by her shamelessness.

Soon, it was my turn.

“My name is Yang Yoseob.” I said simply and sat down. Most of the girls started shrieking and screaming.

But the girl beside me remained silent.

Huh. Maybe she didn’t know who I was yet.

The girl stood up and bowed.

“Annyeonghasaeo.” She smiled sweetly, waving at everyone.

That voice…

“I’m Seo Joo Hyun, but you can just call me Seohyun!” She sat down.

Seohyun…

Seohyun…

Why did that name sound so familiar?

“Hey,” I said to her.

“Hey” she replied, not even bothering to look at me.

How rude.

Was she playing hard to get?

“Your name sounds very familiar.” I tried to start a conversation. “Do I know you?’

She shook her head, all this while not even casting a glance at me.

Something was off…

I was sure I knew this girl.

I just couldn’t point my finger at it.

Oh well, I’ll just ask the guys later.

--------------------------

Okay guys, I know my first chapter is REALLYREALLY DRY AND BORING D: I'M SORRY. I can't just jump to the drama or anything so... :/

I PROMISE, this story will get interesting soon (: So please give me a chance (: If you don't like it even after a few more chapters, then you can unsubscribe to this story or something :/

Anyway, subscribe and comment (: Kamsamida <3