I wasn't even myself when I was with you.

Back To December.

“Since it’s still early, let’s have some supper. I’m starving!” said Jessica.

 

“Darling, it’s 11pm now! You still consider that as early?” Sunny answered.

 

“By the way, didn’t you hear that we’re going to debut in three months time? Exactly ninety days?” Tiffany added the main point.

 

Debut.

 

“I’m so freaking nervous!” Jessica could hear Yuri repeating this sentence behind her. She rolled her eyes and showing a sense of irritation, she said, “I just don’t wanna go home.”

 

“Are……you guys quarreling again?” asked Hyoyeon. As if she already knew what was exactly going on, because whenever Jessica exclaimed that she didn’t want to go back, it must be the reason, which is the issue between her and her dad. Jessica slightly nodded her head.

 

“I think you guys should really work things out. Parents always love their kids, Sica.” Taeyeon tapped her shoulder.

 

/

 

Mr.Jung was lying on the wooden beach chair which was beside the pool after reading the office documents and reports for an hour. He placed down his spectacles and took  a glass of orange juice prepared by the servant. He glanced up the sky and could see a clear cloud-less sky with shining stars.

 

“Daddy! Daddy!” little Jessica ran towards her dad and jumped up to him as he opened his arms.

 

“Who made daddy’s little princess cried?” asked her dad while wiping away her tears.

 

“I found a cockroach in my—room.” The small girl couldn’t stop crying.

 

Her dad smiled and said “It’s okay—bring me to your room, let’s see how the little cockroach which made my precious cry, looks like.”

 

Finally, she stopped sobbing and led her dad to her room. “It’s gone—I remember it was there just now!” she said as she pointed to the small-sized table beside her bed.

 

“I don’t want to sleep alone tonight—” said Jessica with a cute pout on her face. “Daddy?” she asked while looking right into his eyes as she tilted her head up high. “Yeah?” “Can I sleep with you tonight? I’m scared the cockroach might appear again—I—pleaseeee” the innocent girl pleaded with her hands pulling her daddy’s shirt. “Arraso—” her dad didn’t know what to do when it came to her, either. He could see a big smile flashed on her face as she ran out  and dashed towards the master bedroom.

 

/

 

Her dad smiled as the scene of her cheerful daughter flashed through his mind. When he’s looking back what he has now, the daughter that he used to have had turned into a rebellious teenager. It was a wrong decision to send her off to San Francisco. After tidying up the files on the table at his right side, he stood up and saw Jessica in distance. She was taking her steps back to the house. When she saw him, she just slightly nodded and ran up the stairs to the main door.  

 

/

 

“Oppa! Can I have your number?”

“Can I have a dinner with you?”

“I want to take a picture with you oppa!”

 

The juniors were surrounding Donghae once he got out of his car. Goodness. He held his breath.

 

“Look! The juniors are acting crazy again.” said Yuri, who was peeking to the direction of Donghae.

 

“He looks funny though. He seems like he doesn’t know what to do.” Sooyoung continued.

 

As Donghae was busy “entertaining” the girls, which he couldn’t deny the fact that he was actually happy because he was being popular among the girls, he caught Jessica and her friends walking pass them. “Excuse me.” He pushed through the juniors and ran up to them.

 

“Hey.” Donghae bravely stopped Jessica and greeted her.

 

Yuri and Yoona were staring at him as if their eyes were popping out. They started to giggle when Donghae’s cheesy expression changed when Jessica gave him only a glare as a reply.

 

“Let’s go—” Jessica turned to her girls and chained her arm into Tiffany’s. Her shoulder rubbed his as she walked across him. Ice Princess indeed. Donghae thought. Abruptly, Kyuhyun appeared behind him and dabbed his shoulder “What were you doing? I saw you walking up to the girls and—got rejected?” He laughed.

 

“Was it so entertaining to watch? Stop laughing!” He punched his chest and slung his bag over his back. “That hurts! Lee Donghae!”

 

His class was located next to Jessica’s, and this means that he still had to walk pass her to reach his class. By looking into the window, he laid his eyes on the the popular girls. They were chatting among themselves endlessly since class hadn’t started. “I aint gonna get beaten up like that.” Donghae said.

 

“I can’t even catch up with you. It’s not like you were rushing to somewhere else—You—”

 

“Do me a favor.”

 

“What—” wanting to continue but was he was cut off and being dragged by Donghae into the class. Wait, that’s not my class. “Yah!” he yelled. But just as he opened his eyes, he realized that he was standing right in front of the girls, and saw Donghae desperately trying to talk with Jessica.

 

Kyuhyun brushed his hair in embarrassment as he could see that everyone in the class was staring at both of them. He whispered into Donghae’s ear “Everyone but her, Hae. She’s the ice—”

 

“You didn’t greet me back just now.” Donghae intiated.

 

The smile that was formed minutes ago faded. Jessica bent her head up a little and coldly asked, “What do you want?”

 

“As I said earlier, you didn’t greet me back.”

 

“Is he sure what’s he doing right now?” Taeyeon whispered to the others.

 

“Why should I? I don’t know you.” Jessica acknowledged.

 

“I—I—” Donghae astounded.

 

“Lee Donghae!” he heard someone calling his name several times but he was just too lazy to turn back. “Lee Donghae!” “Okay what do you want? Be quiet!” he showed annoyance on his face and complete startled when he realized it was Mdm. Kim. The woman who people often described her as the strictest teacher at school. “Ahh—be quiet Kyuhyun.” He mischievously turned his topic which led laughter among the students in Jessica’s class.

 

Even Jessica smirked when she saw him in this situation.

 

“Just a minute teacher! I’ll leave as long as I’ve got the answer I wanted.” Donghae yelled from the back of the class. He then altered back to Jessica and said “I’ll meet you up right after school. You owe me.”

 

“What on earth is this?” she started to show her irritation. “You’re nothing to make me do what you want.”

 

“Well let’s see. If you’re not going to agree, I’m just going to stay here and wait for an answer. And as a result, you and I going to be in a big trouble as the woman behind us is probably thinking that we’re flirting.”

 

“Flirting? Excuse me?” she cleared . “You flirted with me while I didn’t. Why should I be afraid of?”

 

He was definitely challenged. I never met someone like you. “What about this?” he held up Jessica’s right hand to the air. “Do you think she’s watching us?”

 

“Yah what are you doing!” Jessica stood up and banged the table.

 

“I’ll take that as a yes. See you later!”

 

“Bye Mdm. See you later too! I mean in our class.” He blissfully blew a kiss towards the teacher which made every girl in the class screamed.

 

“Oh my gosh, Donghae oppa is so adorable!” the girls (other than the nine girls) whispered among themselves and expressing amusement.

 

/

 

“What were you doing?” Kyuhyun asked in disbelief once they reached their class and settled everything down.

 

“You weren’t even yourself just now. I’ve never seen that side of you.”

 

“And I never knew I would do such things too.” He buried his face into his palms. “It’s so embarrassing!” Donghae finally went back to his usual-self, the well-known shy charming prince everyone knew. “Ahh!”

 

“You’re done, Donghae, you’re completely done. Have you noticed the gaze that Jessica gave you? That cold stare. You were crazy.”

 

“I want her.” Donghae calmly answered without looking at Kyuhyun’s face at the time he was holding up his pen and began copying down the notes which teacher wrote on the board.

 

“What?! Are you out of your mind?” Kyuhyun’s voice was clearly heard.

 

“Is there any problem, Mr Cho Kyuhyun?” said the teacher while giving him a disgusted look.

 

“Uhh—uhh—nothing.” He quickly sat down and pretended to copy the notes. He looked to the right and saw Donghae rubbing his nose and smirked faintly, “Pabo!”

 

“Yah!”

 

/