Sorry, I took the first step.

Back To December.

-G Dragon’s POV-

 

The first episode’s recording actually went quite well. She was still her usual self, the clumsy, and the kind of odd one. She had her own sense of humor, I could tell, although the PD might want the atmosphere between us grew even sweeter. I tried my best to brighten up the mood and make the awkwardness between us fade. Off screen, I always managed to talk with her on phone, yes, I finally picked up my guts to ask for her number, to know more about her, just so the upcoming recordings would be greater, and could catch the audiences’ hearts.

 

Over these months, I assure that we’ve become close friends—even closer that you would ever imagine, or should I say whenever she needed someone there; to kill her boredom or anything; she would always call me up and maybe asked me out for a movie. Of course her friends and my friends would be there, disguising ourselves and tried hard not to be recognized out, but it was fun. And I love the fact that when our friends actually teased us about the JiSica couple thingy; but both of us just smiled it off since we were already comfortable with it.

 

Until now, we’d recorded several episodes, and I was glad that the ratings were pretty much well, and the fans were supportive. There was a time that I actually arrived late due to my own schedule, so Jessica recorded her part first. The cameras were rolling when I entered our dorm for that show. She was actually preparing some kind of dishes, and they—actually looked delicious, until I realized it was burned mashed potatoes and crunchy steaks.

 

“Is it nice?” she asked me with the puppy eyes.

 

I took a bite and—without realization, my face expression did change, and I couldn’t help laughing. “So—this is what my wife has cooked—” I said. I usually call her “wife” during the show, to make people feel that there wasn’t any distance between us, but for her, she preferred to call me “Jiyong-ah” instead. At first she had this surprised look on when I called her “wife”. But slowly, I thought she’d immune to it since it was just a show, and a fake marriage.

 

After a while, she took a bite of what she’d cooked and within seconds, she spitted it out without second thought.

 

Now, her disgusted look was still clearly showed in my mind. When I watched this episode with the other boys in our own dorm, they laughed at that scene too, I mean, who wouldn’t? And also, they felt kind of envious because I got to be that close with the dreamy girl. At the same time, they could also see that my feelings towards her had grown even deeper. But there’s one thing that actually bothered me…..

 

Whenever we did something considered sweet when we were filming, she sometimes would stare at me for seconds with silence, that wasn’t the thing that bothered—but it was when she murmured “Hae—” while she was looking at me. Hae? But after a while, she would shake things off by continuing another things.

 

-End of G Dragon’s POV-

 

By early December, after another episode’s recording, GD decided to take Jessica for a stroll by the Han River at night. The night was cool and crisp, the sky absolutely clear without a hint of clouds. They hid themselves under thick sweaters and scarves since it was winter.

 

“So—Can I ask you something?” GD asked Jessica without looking at her. “Yes?”

 

“I just wanted to ask—who’s Hae?” finally, he turned around and faced her. Jessica kept bringing her hands together and pulling them apart. “Look—” he turned her around, “I—I just thought that—the friendship between us had grown so much better—and you know you can rely on me on everything—I just—I just don’t like to see that there’s a thing that keeps on bothering you.”

 

“He—” she inhaled. Wondering if she should say it out. “He was my first boyfriend—” she said, turning to face GD. “Every time I saw the things you did to me on the show—you reminded me of him. I know it’s kind of selfish—but I don’t mean it. I’m sorry.”

 

“How—did it end?” at first he wasn’t going to ask that much, but watching the woman he loved acted that way when the topic of her ex was brought up, he couldn’t help himself. “I mean—he—left you?”

 

After watching the tears slowly formed in Jessica’s eyes, he suddenly realized that he shouldn’t have been that busybody. “I’m sorry—” he quickly apologized.

 

“That’s okay.” She immediately wiped off her tears before they fell, and she forcefully smiled at him. “Yes—he did. I’m stupid right, he probably had forgotten about the memories—but I’m still—” Just before she could continue on what she wanted to say, GD had already pulled her into his embrace. He gently brushed her hair; while Jessica uncontrollably placed her hands around GD’s waist too. She didn’t know why she did that. She once promised herself that she would never fall for another guy until Donghae is back. But now..she was unsure whether she still kept that promise.

 

Slowly, GD broke the hug and looked into her eyes. “I hope I can help you forget everything about him—” he took a strand of her blonde hair and put it behind her ears. Both of them could feel like their heartbeats racing abnormally. GD bent down a little and whispered into her eyes, “I—I love you.”

 

Jessica didn’t know what she felt at that moment. So, her fake marriage’s husband had just confessed to her. And this just came—out of expectation. She was unsure how long the time had passed by—until she finally spoke up “I..think that I love you too.” What a weird reply, she thought. Unlike GD, she was doubtful that the “love” that she just told him was the love between lovers, or the love just between friends, but she just wanted to blurt the word out. Once again, GD held her tight in his arm, and she whispered to herself “Sorry Hae, it’s really time to move on.”

 

/

 

“Are you going to tell Sica unnie about this?” asked Yoona to the elder girls.

 

“About what? About the guy that we saw on the television? Do you think she will feel pleased when she knows about this?” answered Sooyoung.

 

“She has the right to know about this, you know how much this means to her.”

 

/

 

“Thanks for sending me home—Sleep tight.” Jessica chuckled before she turned her back to him and walked into her dorm.

 

Without a word, he grabbed her wrist and turned her around, kissed her forehead unexpectedly. “Goodnight—” He left only after he was sure that Jessica entered the dorm safely.

 

/

 

“Wow—what are you guys talking about? You guys seemed so—serious.” Said Jessica as she took off her shoes and placed it on top of the shelf. “Did you guys just argue by the way?” She walked into the kitchen to have a glass of drink.

 

“Jessica will be mad if she found this out herself one day—” Sunny whispered. “I agree with Yoona—”

 

“What are you guys whispering? You guys have been acting so weird once I stepped in.” Jessica came out, took a gulp of the warm water.

 

Obviously, some of the girls tried to change the topic. “Nothing—so how was the recording today?” asked Taeyeon.

 

“It—went well.”

 

“We’ve watched the episode just now—you did fell a little for him huh.” Yuri stared at Jessica. Unknowingly, she blushed and took another mouth of drink again.

 

“So—it’s real??” the other girls asked her impatiently as she set herself down.

 

“He just confessed to me—just now.” she answered shyly.

 

“Then?? Did you accept him?” again, Jessica was rained with questions. She hated that.

 

“Ahh—I need to go back to my room. I’m exhausted.” She playfully replied and tried to push off her friends, but as she knew, her friends weren’t going to let her off the easily unless they got the answer they wanted. “Ehhhh—” the pushed her back to the seat and started to tickle her. As expected, she  laughed non-stoppable and finally said “Yes—Yes! Stopppp t..ick..ling me!” her voice shaking. When the girls started to loosen the grip, she grabbed her bag and ran into her room in a flash.

 

“Wow—that’s so unexpected.” Taeyeon said in disbelief. “So she’s actually the first one among all of us who has a boyfriend.”

 

“So that means—” Yoona broke in.

 

“Yoona ah—stop bringing that stuff up. As I said, Sica won’t be glad to know.” said Sooyoung.

 

“Don’t you feel selfish that we keep this from her? Isn’t this just—” Yoona raised her voice. She was never like that, but when it came to Jessica, the one who cared about her the most since they were trainees, she couldn’t stop being that protective.

 

“Sorry—” Sooyoung stood up and smooth her shorts, “I’m not going to quarrel with you about this—but if you really care for Sica, you should really know what’s the best for her. She has a boyfriend now, Yoona.” After that, she walked towards her room and joined Jessica without looking back.

 

“Yoona—” Yuri took a seat beside her and tried to calm her down, “Maybe Sooyoung is right—”

 

“But—”

 

“Just—forget about this, Yoona. I don’t wish that the bond between us breaks because of this—” replied Tiffany. “Go and have some sleep—hmmm?” she patted her shoulder as she walked pass her.