Game

Back To December.

After falling asleep without her own aware; that Sooyoung had claimed that Jessica had actually slept for two and a half hours straight, Jessica woke up to her friends’ chatters. The first thing that she did was to check on her phone, finally, Hae – I’m fine, don’t worry. I’m busy now, see you later. Just a simple text message, without any missed calls—nothing. It was just half pass one, and she wondered what he meant by that, was it meant that she could see him during dinner; or was it that he would come back as late as how he did last night? Feeling simply annoyed, she placed her phone aside and heard Sooyoung trying to stop Yoona from continuing her lines on the other side. Yuri and Hyoyeon were there too.

 

“What were you guys discussing?” Jessica asked and yawned, “Join me in.”

 

Her tallest friend shook her head, “Nothing.” She gave some sort of an eye contact to the others that were around, and they all nodded slightly in unison. Jessica didn’t bother to ask more about what was they up to, though.

 

“Where’s Jaiden? Why didn’t I see him around today?” Hyoyeon questioned, “Is he with Donghae oppa now?”

 

“Nope. I dropped him off at my parents’ house this morning.” She replied shortly and ran her hands through her hair. Her friends were just keeping silent at the moment; despite the fact that they had been chatting non-stop before Jessica got up from her sleep. She sniffled and slipped into her sandals, headed to the door; “Want some soup noodles?” She asked before she exited the room; ever since she got married, her cooking skill was getting much better—not that good enough to be compared to Taeyeon’s, but they already considered it as ‘not bad’.

 

“No, no thanks.” answered Yuri, “You’ll have it. We’ll be there in a minute.”

 

They all soon formed a small circle and continued on their topic once Jessica was out of sight. “Are you sure, unnie? You can’t joke about this kind of things you know?” Yoona asked worriedly, concerns writing all over her face. “Donghae oppa isn’t that kind of person—”

 

“And why would I make a joke out of this matter?” Hyoyeon answered seriously, “If you don’t believe it, you can ask Yul.” She turned over to Yuri, and the latter sighed on finding words to say. “But Hyo—we couldn’t just simply assume that Donghae oppa was actually having another girl behind Sica.”

 

“If she wasn’t related to him, she wouldn’t have linked her arm with his.” Hyoyeon exclaimed, sounding almost irritated.

 

/

 

 

-Flashback-

 

Hyoyeon was driving her way back to the dorm after she paid a visit at her parents’ condominium nearby along with Yuri. As she drove down the road, Yuri was looking at her left all the time—staring outside the window. She was all quiet, and Hyoyeon wondered whether she had dozed off. Out of a sudden, Yuri started to snap and nudged on her shoulder hardly. “Yah—you should be lucky that we’re at the stop at the traffic light!”

 

“No Hyo—look!” She pointed to the car next to them. “Look!”

 

“What are you asking me to look at?” Hyoyeon shrugged, “You know the light might turn green in a moment.”

 

“Isn’t that—” They both saw a couple,  girl somewhat had her arms linked with the guy’s in the car and lied against him. The guy did not have any affections shown, but stuck his hands just on the steering wheels.

 

The girls gasped, “Donghae oppa!” Just as they wanted to further more their ‘investigation’; they received loud honks from the cars at the back, just then Hyoyeon realized the cars in front of hers had actually gone far away.

 

-End Of Flashback-

 

“But still, it’s just for that thirty seconds Hyo. If you saw it a little bit longer, it might not have been like how you’ve thought it was.” Sooyoung replied, trying hard not to believe what her friends just told. “How ironic it is! I had actually just hinted Sica this morning whether she’s afraid of him having a problem like this.” She hesitated, “I should have just keep my mouth shut.”

 

“Yes, you should.” Hyoyeon chuckled, “But just like how you guys said, maybe we should observe a little bit more before we can come to a conclusion. Although I’m pretty sure that that girl has something to do with Donghae oppa.”

 

/

 

-Flashback-

 

“What do you want?” Donghae collected himself and asked calmly, “Just tell me.”

 

“You.” Eunseo answered, “Has your wife known about that?” His heart skipped a beat as he glared at her, moving nearer to him. She looked him in the eyes and continued, “While in London.." She stopped, he could feel her hot breath stinging on his skin. Dont. That was the part of his memories where he wanted to erase so badly. That was the two months of his life where he completely lost it. 

 

"I know you probably think she wouldn't mind to know you past relationship because it didn't matter now," Eunseo took out a picture from the pocket at the back of her skinny jeans and slapped Donghae’s cheeks with that. He reached out his hand and placed it in front of him; "But what if she finds out that he actually hooked up and had a two-month of great time in bed with a girl? Did you tell her you were in sorrow thinking of her every day in London? Hmm..." She turned around and looked at him, "Isn't it a little bit contradicting?"

 

“You know that was just a mistake!” Donghae yelled as he whirled away. “So you’re threatening me now?”

 

“No, no.” She repeated and whispered, “It just depends on you, the way you play this game.”

 

He was struck speechless. “When did you become so horrible?” He asked in disbelief.

 

“And when did you become so innocent?”

 

-End Of Flashback-

 

Eunseo’s words had spun all the way back in his mind for the whole night. Eunseo had been the girl that was keen to get his attention during university. Both of them attended a freshman party one night; and she made her first move towards him. And there he went, going downward spiral for a whole two-month taking in pills, being high every night in a club and in their hostel with her. They did make love, but with protection of course. He remembered the times where his mother flew there only to have found out about this case. She had a thorough check on her background and found out that she was hinted to have had an unhappy childhood which led her to be in this state, having drugs since a mere edge of 15. She also discovered that Eunseo's ultimate goal to have Donghae was because of his money. To solve the case, she gave her a significant amount of money to leave him alone, and made her quit the school where both of them were studying at.

 

“Daddy?” Jaiden ran into his arms and shrug off the things that bugged him minutes ago. He pulled him closer and let him sit on his lap, “What’s the matter boy?” He responded fatherly and smiled.

 

“Can I sleep between you and mummy tonight?” Jaiden asked cutely and showed his teeth, “It’s raining tonight and I’m scared.”

 

“No. You can’t.” Donghae tickled him which made him laughed aloud. “You have most of your mum’s heart already, naughty.”

 

“Stop tickling him Hae.” Jessica joined them on their bed once she entered the room with a cup of hot milk. She lightly hit Donghae’s hand which made him retraced back, “Come Jaiden—have this and go to bed, okay?”

 

“I wanna sleep here tonight but daddy—”

 

Jessica hugged him from the back and looked at Donghae, “Don’t listen to him. You can sleep here tonight. So quickly finish up your milk and sleep, alright?”

 

Jaiden nodded happily and playfully stuck a tongue out at his father. Donghae just cracked a smile on what he just did; “You’re spoiling him, Sica. What about me?” He acted childishly; this time, his phone which was placed on the table beside Jessica rang. She peeked on the screen while handing it to him, “Son Eunseo. Who’s that?”

 

“Uhh..Client.” He lied.

 

“Oh—alright. Go have it. I’ll put Jaiden to sleep now—” She quickly kissed his lips, “Don’t put your client on hold.” She smiled warmly as she off the bed lights.

 

I’m sorry Sica.