Get away.

Back To December.

“Yah—” said Donghae. “Let go off me—you’ve never changed that bad habit.”

 

“You can’t blame me oppa, I miss you too much—” replied the girl.

 

“I don’t even know you’re back from overseas—” he said while he tidied up his suit.

 

“Just came back this afternoon, wae? You want me to inform you once I reach Seoul?” she said with a smile.

 

“You guys—know each other?” asked Jessica while focusing on them.

 

“Childhood playmates—our families are business partners—” added Donghae. “Don’t mind her—she’s just, I mean that’s her personalities, she hugs her friends every time she meets them.”

 

“This is?” the girl glared at Donghae, and waiting for him to make an introduction.

 

“I’m Jessica—”

 

“Nice to meet you, I’m Hara—” she friendlily offered a handshake and smiled brightly.

 

She doesn’t seem that bad, though. Jessica thought.

 

“Yah you—treat her well. She’s my girlfriend—” said Donghae proudly. He had a good friendship with Hara since they were kids. “If not your oppa will be mad.”

 

“Stop teasing—” Jessica hit his chest lightly. She noticed a sudden change of Hara’s face expression, that girl seemed..struck by the words but she forcefully made a smile before she continued to answer Donghae back, “As if I’m afraid of you?”

 

They had a casual conversation together, getting to know each other. After some time, Donghae excused himself as he was asked to take family photos at the other side. Jessica and Hara sat on the bench, while the night breeze made the situation a bit stiff. To break the awkward silence, Hara continued the talk.

 

“You guys have been long?” she turned her head towards Jessica.

 

There’s something about this girl that I can’t explain. She just keeps smiling. She’s..just that pure, and..pale. Her face.. “Uhh—you can say it that way—”

 

“Ahh—” Hara nodded and looked down, “You’re such a lucky girl to be with him—”

 

“Neh?”

 

“I’ve known him since little—so I can say that I know him very well. He’s not the type that accepts or wants a girl that badly. So you must be the very first one—that lucky girl—” she chuckled, but not facing Jessica this time.

 

“Hara-sshi”, she hesitated, “You like Donghae right?”

 

Hara looked up with a surprised look, still not responding. “I can see it from your face—I’m sorry if I asked something that I wasn’t supposed to—” said Jessica.

 

“Nah—don’t apologize. There’s too many people that keep apologizing to me, although they did nothing wrong—”

 

“What does that mean?”

 

“People are just too afraid of me, or should I say my family. There’s always body guards around, even if I want to have a true friend, I never had.”

 

Jessica nodded, she admitted the fact as she could see several guards walking around in a distance, keep their eyes on Hara since the moment she broke into the conversation. Looking slightly a little right side, she saw Donghae with his socialable personality, walking around and greeting those men in coats. She knew that was part of his job, he needed to entertain others as a businessman. But that shrugged her, they were just like, in a different world. They weren’t in the same field of occupation, the way they lived their lives—everything, were just completely different.

 

“And—yes, I like Donghae oppa—but don’t worry, I ain’t gonna do anything. Time doesn’t allow me to. So don’t treat me like a girl that would snatch your boyfriend away—” said Hara with a laugh at the end.

 

“Ani—I never thought that way—”, Jessica paused and observed how lonely she looked, she knew exactly how Hara felt like. “If you want a friend—I’ll always be there—” she patted her hand and smiled at her.

 

“Thanks—guess..I’ll have to go—your boyfriend is walking his way here. I’ll meet you up someday—gotta go, bye!” there, Hara hopped off just like that,I finally met a true friend that I needed.

 

“There you are—sorry for keeping you waiting.” said Donghae, breaking into her reverie. “So—it’s time for our dance.” He grabbed her hands and led her to dance in flow. “You don’t seem to be that good in dancing, do you?” he chuckled as he glimpsed down Jessica’s face, so close to him. In a range, she saw Hara walking in an unstable state as the guards starting to put her arms over theirs. She seemed..weak.

 

Watching him close in the distance, Jessica felt that her emotions were killing her. She followed his movements and kept silent. After the dance, she turned away, studying the movement of the water rather than facing him. Time doesn’t allow me to. What did she mean by that?

 

“Hey—” his voice gentle, “What’s wrong?” He knew her well enough to know that something was definitely amiss. “What’s wrong with my princess?” he gently brushed aside a strand of her hair and hugged her from the back with his chin on her shoulder. “Talk to me—”

 

Jessica closed her eyes briefly before facing him. “Have you ever thought that we might not walk until the end? I mean—the future, with you and me.” His face turned serious. Donghae frowned, “I don’t get what you mean—”

 

“You know what I meant”, her smile was melancholy. “I mean—relationships aren’t always that sweet, with no boundaries—like what we are now. They just normally, don’t last—you know?”

 

Donghae sniffled and looked into her eyes deeply, “I get it now—but that doesn’t mean that there’s no exception. Efforts and faith. That’s all we need, and I don’t think we lack of that.”

 

“You make it sound so easy..”

 

“Look Sica, I don’t know why all of this is coming up now, but I can prove that you’re wrong—There’s no such thing as no boundaries, every relationship does face ups and downs, and I want you to count on me, I ain’t gonna let you go like that—unless you’re the one—” It hurt him much when he said that, but what he wanted was, he needed her to get his point.

 

“And I know that you won’t, right?” She knew he was sincere, but a nagging voice inside her asked how many romances stood the test of love. Not many, and it had nothing to do with feelings. Sometimes it’s just about..fate. Interests changed, people changed. She hated herself for letting all these thoughts beaten her up at this moment, these sudden, unwanted emotions. “Yeah—I won’t.”

 

Donghae held her close and leaned in to kiss her. She gave herself over to him and found her hands running over his shoulders and back, feeling the strength in his arms. Losing him was unbearable.Forget that Sica, inner part of you knew everything was going to be right. She accused herself. Nothing bad is gonna happen.

 

“Let me send you home, okay?” Donghae squeezed her hand. “It’s getting darker now—”

 

/

 

“Do not let any negative thoughts eat up your mind—Cause you know, I’ll rush them away—” Donghae tipped Jessica’s nose.

 

She laughed despite how messy she felt inside. “How? Getting yourself into my heart?”

 

“I’m already in your heart—” he replied, “Stop thinking too much—” he gave a kiss on her cheek, “Goodnight—I’ll call you later, okay?”

 

“Okay—”

 

/

 

“So how was the party?” asked Sooyoung, laying on the bed while Jessica applied moisturizer on her face. The bad feelings struck her again. She shook her head vigorously as if it would knock them off.

 

“Yah—are you crazy?” this time, Sooyoung’s words finally got into her ears.

 

“Mwuh?”

 

“I’m asking you how was the party—but you shook your head that hard instead—was it that horrible?”

 

“It went well. Much better than I thought.” How would it be considered as well. It ate up all your feelings, Jessie. It made you doubted your own feelings, and that strong feeling that you might lose Donghae was haunting you.

 

P.S/ sorry guys if this chapter is not satisfying. I don't know what was i typing too :S