The Climb.

Back To December.

Everyday, Jessica did her daily routine, no other than dancing and practicing. She refused to get out of the house sometimes, she rather stayed in her room, reading some fashion magazines, and listening to music. She tried her hardest to forget everything about Donghae, although it didn’t seem working, but she already felt that he was slowly leaving her life. Despite being so popular among the trainees, she didn’t accept any of the guys’ confessions.

 

/

 

Londonwas awesome, Donghae thought, it’d been a place that he dreamt of continuing his studies at since he was young. He walked down the crowded street alone, tugged his hands into his hoodie’s pockets, and with a pair of Ray-ban sunglasses, he looked perfectly fine. He had thousands of thoughts in his mind, but he had no one to share with; although London was amazing, but without her, he was always alone.

 

How are you, Sica? Did everything go well? I’m standing in front of the street and all I could think it’s only you. You didn’t throw away the bracelet I gave you, did you?

 

/

 

“Finally my Sooyoungie debuted—mum will always support you.”

“Omma—I’m really nervous—”

 

SNSD’s families were all at SBS Inkigayo’s backstage, comforting and cheering for their daughters who were soon to be debuted. Jessica sat on the couch alone and looked at the clock, her heartbeats were really racing; in an hour time, they would stand on stage to perform. For the very first time, to let the whole Korea recognize their faces. When she thought that her dad wasn’t going to be there….

 

“I’m sorry I’m late sweetheart—” her dad rushed in; as the nervousness was written all over his face.

 

“It’s okay daddy—” she hugged him tightly. “I’m not sure whether I could do this, dad.” said Jessica. “I’m nervous here!”

 

“I think—I’m the one who is nervous.” Jessica could see how clumsy his dad looked. His hair was in a mess, and he was sweating too. “It’s not like I’m debuting but I’m just feeling nervous. Am I normal?” His dad joked.

 

“Dad!” she hit him softly. “Listen—no matter how hard this career is—you know you’re not alone. Your friends and I will always be there with you. Do your best, and remember to shine!” answered her dad.

 

“Thanks dad—”

 

“Well—I hope everything goes well here, okay? I need to get myself glued on the audience seat now. Do your best!”

 

/

 

“You’ll guys will be out on stage in 10 minutes. Get prepared.” One of the PD came in and told the girls.

 

After Jessica joined Tiffany during prayer, she stood at the corner and tried to cool herself down. But the apprehensiveness just kept on attacking her.

 

“Sica! I’ll be supporting you and scream the loudest when you’re on stage. Make sure you don’t get stunned. See you later! – Jonghyun.”

 

“Didn’t I say you can’t call me Sica?”

 

“That was when we weren’t close friends. Didn’t you realize that we’ve become besties in a month’s time? Keke. Bye!”

 

Dork. Jessica thought. Such a dork. Their friendship had obviously improved after Jonghyun’s awkward apology, she’d always been glad to have him around to light her mood up. She slowly lifted her wrist and looked at the bracelet, “You know what? You’re supposed to be by my side now.”

 

/

 

“Let’s welcome the newly debuted group, So Nyuh Shi Dae!”

 

Right at this moment, we’ll shine. Lee Donghae, remember this.

 

/

 

From Into The New World to Kissing You, they always managed to do their best and not let the fans down. Whenever they saw negative comments about them on the internet, they’d always be by the members’ sides and comforted each other. This made their friendship grew stronger each day, and even others doubted it.

 

And now, Gee was met with instant popularity, topping music charts, went on number one on all major digital charts within days, garnered 1 million views under a day once the music video was released. The song went on to become a phenomenal hit, breaking the record for consecutive number one wins on Music Bank with 9 consecutive wins. It also showed strength on other charts, like Melon and M.Net charts. Lee Donghae, are you watching me?

/

“So Jessica-shhi—there’s an article stating that everywhere you go, you’ll always have the bracelet on your wrist—so can you tell the audience what’s the meaning behind it?” asked the show’s host.

“Ahh—This—” she stopped and smirked. For the next eight seconds, she spaced out and remained silent too.

“Sorry—this is the famous Sica Effect if you didn’t know earlier.” Hyoyeon teased, and led the guests into laughter.

“It’s, uhh, an important present gifted by an important person.” Jessica answered.

“Okay—So, what do you guys normally do when you’re stressed? Let’s start with Taeyeon-shhi.”

Maybe I should stop wearing this. It’d been one year plus, Lee Donghae, not even a call.

/

For the next single, Tell Me Your Wish had also become a hit as it conquered various music sites included Melon, Bugs, and it was number one on the weekly charts of the first week of July, 2009. It meant it was almost 2 years since their debut. The mini-album sold an estimated 50000 and above copies in its first week, and it was definitely an unusual feat for any Korean girl group. The music videos which featured their pretty, long, slim legs became a hit topic among the people around the world.

With their friendly attitudes and down-to-earth personalities, they easily gained many friends in the same industry. During this year, she’s best friends with the hot guy that every girl dreamed of being with, Kim Hyun Joong, and many more. In spite of the cold look she gave on screen, she was a friendly, good friend off screen, instead.

/

-SNSD’s Dorm-

“Yuri ah—fry me an omelette please!” yelled Jessica from the living room to the kitchen.

“Why don’t you cook yourself? Are we your slaves or something?” shouted Yuri and Taeyeon.

“You guys were the ones who complained about my cooking in Intimate Note!” Jessica appeared in the kitchen with a pouted lips.

“Yah! You’re always full of excuses. Fine. Go back to your living room if you can’t offer any help here.” replied the girls in sarcasm. “Ish—”

geulaeyo nan nul saranghae
unjaena miduh ggoomdo yuljungdo da joogo shippuh

“Yah you ice princess. Is it that hard for me to ask you out these days?” asked Hyun Joong right after Jessica picked up the phone call.

“Sorry oppa—I’m really busy! Anything?”

“Just wanted to meet my best friend. Can’t I? We haven’t met for months!”

“Neh I’ve apologized! Really really sorry—”

“Are you free this upcoming Saturday?”

“Why?”

“Let’s meet at the café that we usually met, arasso? I’m going to call some of my friends so you can call yours too—” he said.

“Can you call Tiffany?” he teased again.

“I’ll bring Yuri!” she jokingly screamed, since they were good friends with each other, it’s always comfortable for them to chat in an informal way.

“Wae? Why are you calling my name! I’m frying your omelette now so be quiet!” Jessica heard Yuri screaming from the kitchen. She must be really frustrated.

“Cat I gotta go. Bye Persian cat.” said Hyun Joong.

“Bye—”

“Yuri ahhhhh I’m starving!”

/

“So hyung, how’s it? What did she say?”

“Why should I tell you?” Hyun Joong answered.

“Hyung~”

“Yah stop that girly sound! She said ok. So stop annoying me with that freaking sound!”

“Oh YES!”