Everything reminds me of you.

Back To December.

“Jessie—you’ve been practicing for almost 7 hours straight—it’s late now honey—let’s go home.” advised Tiffany.

 

“Sica ah—Why won’t you listen to us?” asked Taeyeon.

 

But all they could see was a girl dancing her heart out in front of the mirror and did not stop for a single break. Whenever they took a break, Jessica kept practicing, she just wouldn’t stop.

 

“Yah! Stop it now Jung Soo Yeon!” Sunny took a step forward and tried to stop Jessica.

 

As she turned around and faced the girls, her face was near calamitous-looking. “Can’t I do what I want?” she answered coolly.

 

“Unnie—”

 

When the others were struck by her unfriendly reply, they didn’t notice that the other boy trainees were standing at the door, watching the situation. They were Minho, Jonghyun and Key.

 

“You can go back first if you want. Why are you guys controlling me?! Who are you to control me?!” yelled Jessica to Seohyun who had been advising her moments ago.

 

“Yah Jessica!” they heard a voice from the doorway, causing them to wonder who were they. Jonghyun stormed towards Jessica and whirled her to face him. “Can’t you just accept your friends’ kindness?”

 

“You’re just another trainee—do you think you have the rights to give advice to your senior? And please, we’re not even that close so stick to calling me noona.”

 

Jonghyun was fired up by the unpleasant comment of hers. The girls knew why she reacted that way but Jonghyun just couldn’t stand that attitude. “I’m telling you one more time—” he grabbed her wrist hard. “Noona-s over there—” he pointed at the girls, “Are asking you to rest for your own good. Look at you! If I were one of them, I wouldn’t care. Because you know what? Talking to a person like you, it’s like communicating to a useless person.”

 

“How dare you talk to her like that? You don’t even know what’s—” Yuri tried to defend but was broken off by Minho. “Shh—I’m sure he will deal with it—” he whispered. They’d been best friends since the day Minho got into SM Entertainment, they had pretty much same interests and Yuri had been going along well with the guys.

 

“Now I’m standing in front of you it’s not because I care about you. It’s I care about my friends over there! Did you see their cheerless faces when you answered them like they owed you? I hope you’d be an understanding person, would you?” Jessica slanted her head to the right and looked at her friends—she saw them with miserable looks, and some, even didn’t dare to look at her by trying to glance at somewhere else. Had I gone too far?

 

“Thanks for your lecture—you may leave. The door is over there.” said Jessica to Jonghyun.

 

“You—I—you’re just—Ok fine.” He was speechless. He walked to the door and met his friends up before they left for dinner, “Know what? You’re the worst girl I’ve ever met.”

 

“You know my name, not my story.” answered Jessica.

 

/

 

“Why are you acting like a man in front of your precious Sica-shii?” Key teased Jonghyun when they were having dinner at the nearby restaurant.

 

“Your Sica-shii isn’t a girl that you can play with you know?” he disturbed him again, while Minho was just laughing beside him.

 

“Ughh—what have I done! She must be hating me much right now.”

 

“Of course she would.”

 

“You shouldn’t act that way just now—” added Minho. “Yuri noona just told me something when you guys were like fighting.”

 

-Flashback-

 

“Anything….wrong with Jessica noona?” Minho asked Yuri.

 

“She—” she stopped, “her boyfriend left her—so it’s the best to let her act like this instead of scolding her—you can obviously look how hurt and depressed she is.”

 

-End Of Flashback-

 

“Really? Then—I’m freaking in a big trouble now. You should have told me earlier!”

 

“Oh please! I just knew it just now okay?”

 

“You shouldn’t make her hate you. I thought the friendship between you and her is quite okay—you just ruined it. Totally ruined it.” Key stated the point. “Why don’t you just tell you have a crush on her and you care for her instead of scolded her like you knew her well enough to do so. And—acting like a big man isn’t your role.”

 

“I’m a man. Stupid.”

 

“Yes you are. But you’re younger than her. Stupid.”

 

Jonghyun threw his fist up to the air and jokingly pretended as if he was gonna punch Key down. When he stopped and thought about what his friends just told him, he continued, “You’re right.”

 

“But like seriously—I’ve never seen a girl like her before..she’s just—unpredictable and cool!” Key shouted out of a sudden. “If it weren’t you who loved her first, I’d take the first step.”

 

/

 

“I’m really sorry guys—I shouldn’t had acted that way. Sorry for the extreme attitude—” Jessica hugged the members and apologized when they were all waiting by the road side for Jessica’s driver to arrive.

 

“It’s okay—make sure you do change that bossy attitude okay?” the girls teased.

 

“Sure—” she smiled. She was touching at the bracelet which she wore on her left wrist. I need you now. Where are you? She spaced out and remained quiet until someone randomly broke the silence.

 

“Jessica!” a guy screamed. As all of them turned back, they saw Jonghyun running towards them. “I mean—Sica noona—I’m—I’m sorry!” he awkwardly bowed, which made the girls surprised, even Jessica.

 

“What are you doing?” she stared at him.

 

“I wasn’t supposed to scold you like that—I was just—just worried about you. I—I hope you can forgive me!”

 

When the girls were amused by his sudden reaction, Jessica chuckled too. “Yah Jonghyun ah—if you’re that afraid of Sica, why did you act that way and now clumsily apologize for your mistake?” Hyoyeon laughed.

 

“I was just—”

 

“Did I say I was mad at you?” Jessica finally spoke out.

 

“That means you weren’t? Uhh Kim Kibum!” he looked away from her due to embarrassment. He cutely brushed his hair and shyly smiled.

 

“What are you holding?” she pointed at his hand that was holding sealed packet.

 

Just do this. Kim Jonghyun! He grabbed her hand and let her hold it, and with a quick tone, which even made the other girls didn’t understand what was he talking, he came out with, “I’m sure that you’re hungry so I bought you a burger and I hope you eat it and..bye! I gotta go!”

 

“Hey—” when Jessica was about to yell out his name, he already disappeared from her sight. He must have ran away fast.

 

“Such a weird dongsaeng—” Sunny laughed. “Do you guys think that he likes Sica?”

 

“Yah—stop talking about that—” Tiffany whispered. “Didn’t we agree not to talk about the sensitive issue?”

 

“Oops.”

 

As the girls were chit-chatting, Jessica looked at the packet and thought of Donghae, again. Why is he so dorky like you?

--------------------

I'm sorry that I started with some Jongsica moments, I'll probably develop it into Jisica or other pairing later. Do leave some comments, and I apologize if this chapter does seem weird.