First Step.

Back To December.

Donghae gentlemanly opened the car door for Jessica, and playfully said “Miss—” in a sissy way while he slightly bent his body down a little. However, Jessica wasn’t buying it. She stepped Donghae’s leg with her heels and bossily entered the car.

 

“That h—ur—ts!” his voice was shaky since he was in pain. Anyway, he let out a smirk as a sign of enjoying it. Jessica hadn’t do this for a long time.

 

“Where are you driving me to?” asked Jessica. Donghae turned his head to the left, and gave her a slight grin without answering her question.

 

“I’m asking you!” she asked again. Still, he was just smiling and not replying. This time, she stretched her hands and spun the steering wheel. It caused the vehicle to go on a zig-zag manner in a while.

 

“Whoa are you out of your mind?!” screamed Donghae, while his hand was defending Jessica, in case she did some silly moves again.

 

“That is what happened when you don’t answer my question.”

 

“You’ve never changed huh—” Donghae laughed. “You know—I like this situation now.” He then glanced at the side mirror before turning his gaze to Jessica.

 

“Can you please concentrate on driving?” she answered coldly.

 

“C—car!” she shouted and pointed forward. Donghae was startled when he returned his attention towards the road and made sharp turn.

 

“I’m sorry—I’m not like that until there’s a pretty princess sitting beside me—”

 

“Please—I’m begging you. If not I’m getting out of this car.”

 

“It’s impossible—we’re on a highway!”

 

When Jessica wasn’t responding, he noticed that she pouted again, the sign of boredom’s attack, or anger. “It feels like—we’re going back to the beginning—right?” asked Donghae, this time, his tone was calm, no more cheeky tune or jokes in his voice.

 

“What?”

 

“Everything—” he sniffed, “Everything isn’t the same right now—we can’t resume our previous relationship—”

 

Jessica looked at him cluelessly as she wasn’t getting his point. “I don’t get it—”

 

“I know you already have a boyfriend—but everything can change right?” he paused, “So Jessica Jung, listen—I’m going to woo you back.” he said sternly. “I’m bringing you back to the past—”

 

This guy is seriously out of his mind. Right now. “Like how, like you have a time machine or something?” she snapped. “Stop playing this kind of joke—you know it isn’t funny at all.”

 

“Well, let’s see—” he arched his eyebrow and his lips sort of lifted up in arrogance and confidence.

 

/

 

“School?” this was the first question as she stepped out of the car.

 

“You’re bringing me back to school—on a weekend?” she asked again.

 

“This is where we started—Come on in—” he threw his sweater up high and as he was half-way climbing the school gate, he lent out a hand and offered Jessica.

 

“Are you asking me to climb up there with you?” she asked, blurry. “What??”

 

“If not I wouldn’t be offering you my hand—You know—” he swiped his hair handsomely and continued, “Many girls wanted to touch it—but it only reserved for you.”

 

“Hah.” Jessica laughed bitterly and pointed forward. When Donghae boosted up his eyebrows signifying confusion, she aimed at that direction again. Donghae looked down and was sprung on what he saw. Security guards—Fine.

 

“You have to come down—sir.”

 

“Uhh—” he clumsily jumped down from the gate and greeted him. “Hi—Do you remember me?”

 

Jessica tried hard to control her laughter. Is he pabo or what? The security of course couldn’t recognize him—Then, she studied his clownishness again.

 

“I’m sorry but you have to leave now, sir.”

 

“No—I—Ok, I was a student here before and I just came back from overseas—and during this weekend I wanted to bring my girlfriend back here—to like, regain memories—” he stated.

 

Girlfriend? Jessica’s eye shot wide open. “Yah! Since when—” Donghae quickly ran over and closed with his palm, in case she broke his acting. He then used his ventriloquist skills to say, “Yah—you’re a celebrity aren’t you—show off some acting skills and stop being a wet blanket!”

 

“I’m sorry—you have to leave now.” the security guard said firmly.

 

“Ah—alright then.” he answered. Since it was a private school, and it was ranked number one in Seoul, the security was seriously tight and no one would be allowed to enter without permission.

 

“You just got—K.O-ed.” Jessica added scornfully. “No one buys your so-called-cuteness—”

 

“Cuteness? Are you saying that I’m cute in a direct way?” Donghae laughed.

 

“Stop—t—” as Jessica wanted to continue to argue back, her Blackberry’s phone’s vibration barged in. Yuri.

 

“Yah Sica! How’s the date?” Yuri asked in a high pitch, almost like her famous dinosaur tone. “Ya unnie—unnie! Tell us!” this time, she heard Yoona’s voice too.

 

“Stop being so dorky you guys! This is not a date!”

 

“Well girls, the date is going on awesomely, so could you mind excuse us?” Donghae yelled enthusiastically and loudly so that his words could be heard.

 

“Where are you guys now? It’s noisy over there!” Jessica attempted to change the topic.

 

“We’re shopping—yah, don’t treat as little kids—back to the subject—what have you guys been doing?” “Sica Sica—” “Jessie! Defend yourself if he does any improper actions!”

 

More and more different voices appearing. These girls must be at the fitting room. “I’m hanging this call! Bye!”

 

“This is how you treat your friends? Cute—I love it.” he answered. Cute. Jessica’s cheeks boiled frenziedly when this word came into her mind. Jessica Jung, stay strong. You hate this guy, remember?

 

This time, her phone vibrated again. “You sure are a busy person huh. I won’t interrupt you this time—” he said softly.

 

Jessica extracted her phone out from her handbag in annoyance, without glancing at her phone’s screen, she indecently voiced out, “I told you it wasn’t a date!”

 

“What date, Sica?” It was GD. Gosh, what have I done? Jessica thought.

 

“Oh oppa—Sorry, I thought it was Yuri again—”

 

“Ah nevermind—what are you doing my little babe?”

 

Jessica slowly moved her body slightly to the left window to prevent Donghae from listening their conversation. “I’m—outside with an old friend now—”

 

“Did I disturb you guys? It’s okay if you have other things to do—I just wanted to check that if you’re alright—”

 

“I’m alright oppa—You take care of yourself okay? Don’t overstress yourself with your work—”

 

“Arasso—I’m—” GD glanced at his phone, the call was already off. He murmured himself, “I just want to tell you that I’m going to visit you at your dorm tonight—”

 

“Aish—why is it running out of battery at this moment!” screeched Jessica, who was shaking her phone vigorously.

 

“That won’t help you to get the battery charged—” answered Donghae, without looking at her face. He knew it was from Jessica’s boyfriend but he still wanted to ask her that question, “Your boyfriend?” Jessica remained silent. “It seemed so—” He answered bitterly. Jessica tilted her head up and look at him with the corner of her eye, she saw a serious-looking Donghae without any expression on, unlike the naughty guy hours ago. “He looked so unhappy—is it because of the call? Yah Jessica, stop getting your heart shaking because of him—” Jessica thought.

 

/

 

“We’ve reached—” said Donghae, unfastening his seatbelt and Jessica’s. He reached out at the passenger seat and opened her door for her. As it was a windy day and the breeze at the beach was flowing strongly, he immediately covered Jessica’s head with her hoodie before she could say anything. “It’s cold—have this on—” He then wrapped her under his arms before they strolled down the beach, their place. Although it was a cool windy day, there were still surfers who surfed under a cold winter day.

 

P.S/ i lost some readers :(