How Could You?

Back To December.

“Mwuh? Why you—” Hyoyeon winded down the car window and questioned Jessica. “Wait—” she shortly replied. She then turned towards the trainee, “You can sit at the front seat—they’ll take the back ones.”

 

“Arasso, sunbaenim—” the trainee replied, still not sure whether she should call them unnies although she was asked to. She felt kind of disrespectful if she called them that way.

 

Once they entered her car, Jessica faced Hyoyeon, which face was seriously covered with a big question mark. “I know what you’re going to ask—” Jessica started.

 

“Both of you—knew each other before?” this time, Sooyoung took her turn to question her roommate.

 

“Ani—” she shook her head.

 

“Then? Why is she in your car?”

 

“Ahhh—she missed her bus. So I just—you know, offer her a free ride. She told me where she lives, we’re still gonna pass through that road in order to reach my house though—” answered Jessica.

 

“Yah—you don’t even know each other. Ok, fine. Since I’m not the one who drives—” snapped Sooyoung.

 

“Just follow tightly at my back and watch out for Kim Taeyeon. You know she’s bad in directions—” Jessica smirked and entered her car. After adjusting the car mirror, she sped off.

 

“That Jung Jessica. Girls, hold on tight. She doesn’t know that Kim Taeyeon is a car racer too.” said Taeyeon.

 

/

 

“Unnie—you’re speeding.” said Yoona. “What if Taeyeon unnie can’t catch up with us?”

 

“Don’t worry honey—” Jessica took a glance at the mirror reflection, “Turn your head and look—”

 

They all laughed when they saw Taeyeon trying hard to overtake them, sorta not obeying the traffic rules. The girl trainee sat still and chuckled, so this is the well-known Soshi bond? She remained silent all the time, still not believing that she, herself is in Jessica’s car, along with the other 3 princesses at the back. This is totally amazing.

 

“So—how’s everything going?” Jessica asked suddenly. “Life as a trainee isn’t that easy, right?”

 

“Yeah—the vocal trainer is—fierce.” She answered, “I don’t know whether I can go through this—” she replied unconfidently.

 

“Don’t say that—everyone has a hard time.” Jessica answered, “Once you become another top celebrity, I’m sure your mom would be proud of you—”

 

“I—I hope so.” She tilted her head and looked at Jessica’s side face, “I’m sure aunty would be proud of sunbaenim too—” she said blankly. The girls at the back nudged each other’s arm and quietly noticed Jessica’s face expression.

 

“I hope she does feel that way—if only I know how she feels.” answered Jessica.

 

Yuri tried to change the topic; she knew the situation was going to be stiff. “So—what’s your name? We all discussed about your vocals before—Taeyeon is mesmerized actually.” She paused for a short while, “But we don’t know what’s your name—”

 

“Thanks sunbaenim—” she shyly answered, “You can call me Krystal—”

 

Upon hearing what she just introduced herself, Jessica turned her head and looked at her, “Krystal?”

 

“Isn’t that Jessica’s long lost sister’s name?” whispered Tiffany.

 

It’s just a coincidence. There are many girls who named Krystal anyway. Jessica thought, trying to get over it. “You’re lucky that your family is by your side during your trainee days—” said Jessica out of a sudden.

 

“Yeah—My mum is really supportive—I really don’t want to disappoint her. The main reason I want to be a celebrity is that I want my dad to want us back—” the girl glanced down, not that delightful as before.

 

“Your—dad?” asked Yoona out of curiosity.

 

“Yeah—I don’t have any memory about him anymore—when I flip through all the photo albums, there’s only my mum and I. The other part was torn. So—yeah.” She ended her line.

 

Even her condition is same as mine. Jessica spoke in her mind, not knowing that she was actually her sister, her long lost sister. “Anyway—we’ve reached—”

 

“Ahhh this is your restaurant?” asked Yuri, “Your mum is a fan of SNSD too?”

 

In front of the restaurant, there was their big poster, as if promoting them. Krystal got out of the seat, “Yeah—my mum’s a fan of sunbaenim—” She grabbed her things off car and bowed, “Thanks for sending me back—”

 

Just as Jessica was about to blow off again, she saw Sooyoung and the other girls walked towards their direction. “Yah—yah don’t go first!” she heard Hyoyeon yelled.

 

“Mwuh?” Yuri opened the car’s door and questioned.

 

“Since we are here, let’s just have dinner at this restaurant. I’ve seen articles about this restaurant before, it’s well-known. But I haven’t got the chance to try—” Sooyoung stated, smiling innocently.

 

“What are you talking about? I thought we’re heading to back to my house to have—” Jessica hesitated, she knew Sooyoung was going to brag her with her aegyo that called for punch, “Fine—”

 

After she parked the car nearby, they all entered the restaurant. They guessed it was almost closed, since there were no people inside. “Oh—sunbaenim—” There, Krystal bowed again.

 

“Is it close yet?” asked Jessica, “Sooyoungie—she said she wanted to have dinner here.”

 

“Yeah—but it’s okay, you still can dine here. I’ll just tell my mum about it—here, please have a seat—” Krystal motioned the girls towards the table and left to the kitchen.

 

“Wow—her mum seems like a big fan of us—” said Hyoyeon, her eyes wondering around the walls which had their pictures on.

 

“I think—she’s more like a Gorjess Spazzer who spazzes over Jessie—” added Tiffany as she realized that most of the pictures were focused on Jessica. The others just nodded in agreement.

 

/

 

“Mum—Where are you?” asked Krystal. “Mum?”

 

“Anything?” she saw her mum carrying all the plates to the basin at the corner. “How’s practice today? Is everything fine?” she asked casually.

 

“Pretty well—you won’t believe me if I tell you something. But that’s not the point now—I just wanted to ask you that would you mind to cook some dishes for my sunbaenim? They’re outside—since they are SoN—” she hadn’t finished her line but she was already interrupted.

 

“Okay—not a problem—serve them well, alright?”

 

/

 

The girls were conversing and laughing at their seats. Jessica excused herself a while since Donghae called her.

 

“Yah—why aren’t you picking up my calls?”

 

“Their voices were loud. That’s why—by the way, you still haven’t finished up your work?” she asked, expecting him to say he’d done.

 

“Ani—I’m sorry hottie—Are you at home now? You’re flooding up my mind now—” said Donghae cheesily.

 

“Oh really? But I don’t miss you at all—” she teased, “I’ll call you when I reached home okay? Bye sweetheart—”

 

When Jessica turned around and stepped into the restaurant, her attention was caught by an old picture that dropped on the floor. It’s familiar. She squatted down and have a closer look, as far as she knew, she was sure that she saw it somewhere.In the photo album that her dad used to flip through every night. “Ahhh it’s here—” Krystal barged in, “I thought it was lost—”

 

“Yours?”asked Jessica with her eyes widened. She passed it over as Krystal slightly nodded, “Yeah—it’s mine. This is my mum, and this is—me.” She pointed and showed Jessica.

 

“Y..you?” she was completely stunned. “You?” she repeated and held on Krystal’s shoulder.

 

The girls observed her weird action, “Yah Sica—what are you doing? She’s winching in pain—let go of her shoulder.” Taeyeon walked up and tried to shove Jessica’s hand away. “Yah!”

 

“I’m—I’m sorry.” Jessica apologized to the shocking-looked Krystal.

 

Just then, their mum walked out of the kitchen with plates of dishes on her hand. She wasn’t aware that the girls were SNSD either. “Sorry for keeping you waiting—”

 

That voice. It’d been a while but I still remember that voice.

“Jess—you gotta stay stronger and listen to dad okay?”

“I love you Jessie—remember that.”

 

“Mum? Is that you?” asked Jessica. She ran up and hugged her tightly before she could even respond. “It’s really you, isn’t it? Where were you these years? Dad’s been finding you!” She cried but at the same time, her smile of happiness spread over her face. That’s the warmth I’ve been searching for.

 

“What’s happening, mum?” questioned Krystal, “Why—why is she calling you mum?”

 

“Sica—what’s this?” the girls asked.

 

Je—Jessie. I’m—I’m sorry. She kindly untwined Jessica’s arm around her neck, “I’m sorry—I think you’ve got the wrong person—”

 

“What are you talking about?” asked Jessica.

 

Without answering anything, her mum dashed up the stairs with Krystal behind her. “Jessie—let’s go.” said Tiffany. “She might be right—maybe you’ve got the wrong one—”

 

“It’s her! But why doesn’t she recognize me?!” yelled Jessica. “She forgot everything? The memories?”

 

Although she attempted to calm down, but she just couldn’t. She grabbed her bag from her seat and drove off. How could you, mum?

 

P.S/ I'm so sorry guys. Personally, I think this update much. I just don't really have the mood because I'm lack of inspiration. I'm really really sorry, readers.