Revealed

Back To December.

-Flashback-

As soon as he reached home, he was greeted by the expressionless girls who were waiting for him on the couch all this while. “Hey—” he smiled warmly and noticed Jessica wasn’t around, “Where’s Sica?”

 

“Did you have fun dating?” Sooyoung asked, unfolding her arms. “How was she like? Any better than Sica?”

 

“Wh—what are you t—”

 

Without waiting for an explanation from him, Sunny switched on the television which was airing the hot news. He didn't expect it to happen, considering the fact what Eunseo had told him just now. "I--"

 

“It was a misunderstanding?” Taeyeon continued for him; “It wasn’t like what we thought it was?” She got up from the couch and walked nearer to him. “Honestly, I don't care how you're going to defend yourself. You vowed to love and protect her; this isn’t what she deserves.”

This certainly wasn't what she deserved.

 

Before the girls were ready to leave; she added, “For your information; your wife passed out just now due to high fever when you were having fun times with another girl.” They could all see his anxiety writing all over his face; “She doesn’t know a single thing about it. But I bet she will—very soon.”

 

-End Of Flashback-

 

/

 

“Hmm—” Jessica whined lazily as she opened her eyes. She felt Donghae retracing back his palm from her forehead and gave it a peck instead; “Are you feeling much better now?” She nodded and ruffled her hands through his messy hair; “You didn’t sleep did you?”

 

“How can I sleep when I have to take care of my clumsy wife who can’t take care of herself?” said Donghae, smiling. “At least I’m not as secretive as someone else lately.” Jessica replied; realizing that he remained silent as soon as she said that. “Mwuh? Why are you so quiet suddenly?”

 

“I’m sorry Sica-ah—”

 

“Wae? Is it because you made Jaiden cried when I was asleep last night? Yah Lee Donghae—” Will you still joke with me and called my name this way after you found out everything? Probably not, right?

 

“Nothing.” He lied, “You’re tricked. And how can you think of Jaiden every single time but not me?”

 

“Don’t be silly Hae—he’s much more important than you, you know?” She laughed when he was climbing over her body. “You know you can’t resist this right?” asked Donghae; “So come on. Say the three words that I want to hear.”

 

“Is this the way how you treat a patient who just gets better from a fever?”

 

“She told me she’s feeling better. So of course I can do this to her.”

 

Jessica paused; they stared right into each other’s eyes and lost in their own world. When did we last do this again? It was quite ironic for him since he still had butterflies in his stomach; as if it was the first time he looked at her that way. “I love you—” Jessica brushed her fingers down his cheeks and reached for his lips. "I love you so much, Hae." Hating the fact that his lips losing the sensation of hers, he quickly leaned forward and put butterfly kisses down and up her neck. Caressing her supple cheek where their feet got tangled in the unmade sheet; she could feel the warmth of his breath brushing the top of her lips. He parted her lips gently with his tongue as he pressed his lips against his; he loved that and he never wanted to stop. Will I be able to kiss you like that tonight?

 

Feeling slightly enough, Jessica pushed him back and grinned at him; “I’m still sick Hae.”

 

“So?”

 

“So we should stop.”

 

“Nah—this is just an excuse for you right? You always manage to find the correct timing don’t you?”

 

“If I wasn’t that smart, I wouldn’t be your wife would I?” Defeated. He never had a chance to win.

 

“Fine…….But just let me have another kiss.” He gave her another quick deep smooch on her lips, please forgive me. “Not fully satisfied yet but I’ll let you go this time.” He jumped off the bed and collected his towel located on the chair beside; “Well, I gotta get myself a warm bath now after a tiring long night.”

 

“Aren’t you going for work later? I thought you should be at the office half an hour ago.” said Jessica, pulling the sheet closer to her.

 

His phone vibrated before he could respond. “I’ll meet you up this afternoon okay? Please don’t be mad at me for the incident yesterday! Miss you!” Again. “Uhh—yeah. I’ve got an appointment this afternoon so I don’t have to be that rush. Going anywhere later?”

 

“Probably not. Still feeling rather lazy.”

 

/

 

Jessica was reading a new collection of latest fashion magazines when Krystal’s call interrupted her.

 

“Oh Soo-jung ah—”

“Unnie! Kwenchana?”

“Mwuh?”

“Are you really okay right now?”

“What are you talking about?”

“Where’s Donghae oppa, unnie?”

“He’s gone to work—what’s wrong hmm? You’ve never sounded this anxious before—”

“Don’t you know what’s going on? Haven’t you seen what has Donghae oppa done unnie?!”

 

/

"I'm sorry for what happened."He didn’t even have to lift his head up to see who was walking into his office. "He promised as long as we received the money from you, he would let you go. I don't know what came to his mind." Lies.

-Flashback-

Scene 1:

"Hyukwon, my fiance," Eunseo weeped. 

"Did he do all this to you?" Donghae asked, still in shock. "How can you tolerate with this? This is an abuse!"

"I'm sorry--I'm really sorry. He's just having his low points in life after his start-up failed and indebted and..he just loses control whenever he gets drunk." She sobbed, "He gets violent more and more each day. I couldn't think of any other way to have that amount of money in a short span of time, I'm sorry."

Donghae remained silent and helped her wiped away her tears. "If that can help him treat you better, I'm willing to." He just couldn't bear to see how his friend been treated.  "But you have to report to the police if he abuses you again. You're not enduring this inhuman treatment from a brutal man."

"I can't." She shook her head multiple times and let her tears fell again; "I..just can't."

He understood how stupid love could be sometimes. It could just blind someone and dulled someone, making them sacrifice themselves for the sake of their partner's happiness even if it could hurt them in return. He heard her picked up once more, "We're leaving a day after tomorrow. Don't worry, I won't be bothering you from then onwards."

Scene 2:

"So how's it babe?" Hyukwon asked before settling down the couch.

"Will get in two days love. That idiot didn't even suspect anything. I'm pretty surprised how he still treated me as his friend though."

"Well, no one could ever tell you were faking it couldn't there?" He laughed, referring to the fake bruises and wound that she had on her body. "You literally scared the out of me when you showed me those."

Eunseo took the seat next to him and lied on his chest, "Two more days babe and it will be just you and I. Also--it's time to upload both of those pictures that you've taken."

-End of Flashback-

"I'm sure my wife would have faith in me." Donghae replied, still facing his files instead of her. She slowly motioned towards him and stood next to him. She saw Jessica was making her way to his office through the unblinded part of the glass door. Before he was aware of her intentions, she leaned forward and lightly pecked on his cheeks. "Thank you, Donghae." Let's see how strong is your wife's faith in you.

"What you're doing?"

 

“Hae..”

They both looked up in unison upon hearing his name being called out.

Jessica.

P.S/ our Donghae is just plain naive.