Just Watch

Back To December.

“Hello?” Donghae whispered as he was pacing out of the room and walked towards the wine bar that located at the lower floor. “Hello?” He repeated, for a moment or so, he felt that as if he was dumb to talk to himself without getting any response back. He knew she was there listening but he didn’t know the reason why she did such silly acts that annoyed him; “If you’re not answering anything, I’ll just hang up.”

“No, don’t.”

 

Donghae inhaled to cool himself down, “Why did you call at such time? You know I’ll be with my family.”

 

“Anyway—I called just to tell you that I’m going to your office tomorrow.”

 

“I’ll be busy and—” He tried to find excuses to prevented her from coming; but she wasn’t that stupid after all.

 

“See you.”

 

/

 

Jaiden was happily watching his cartoon show when Jessica stepped out of her closet and paced towards him. “Let’s go Jaiden—” She brushed the back of his hair while he looked at her cluelessly; “Let’s give your daddy a surprise in his working place.” She saw him crawling to the other end of the bed and grabbed his stuffed toy before returning back to her with a bright smile, “Kkajja!”

 

“You’re always happy to meet daddy huh.” Jessica gave him a light hit on his bum, remembering that he promised to buy him toys when he gave him a kiss goodnight last night.

 

/

 

“Sir, she’s here.” Donghae’s assistant led Eunseo in and bowed before he left. Her smile that she wore on her face only got her a cool face in return. She adjusted her skirt and got herself seated opposite him, leaning her back against the chair. He dropped his pen without looking at her; “Anything?”

 

“Just here to give you the lunchbox that I’ve made.” She answered softly, “You must be hungry now, right?”

 

“I don't need it. Just take it away will you?" Donghae pushed the lunchbox away and glare angrily at her, "What's the plan that you have in mind? Just tell me."

 

"I like how you deal things in a prompt manner." She replied, smiling slyly. "You'll get your answer soon. I'll keep in touch with you." She sat on his table and grabbed his tie, pulling him a little closer, "Don't play games with me. You can't afford it."

/

“Go Jaiden—give your daddy a big surprise.” Jessica let him down from her arms and opened the door for him. “Daddy!” He screamed at the top of his lungs once he entered the room; neglecting Eunseo’s existence. Donghae immediately sprung up from his seat once he saw Jessica standing by the door; kind of startled on what she was seeing right now. “Sica—”

 

Eunseo turned her back slightly and shifted her sight to where Jessica was, so this is his wife. She smirked wickedly. Putting on a fake smile, she introduced herself before Jessica could even speak or ask anything. “Hi—I’m Eunseo.”

 

“Son Eunseo. Who’s that?”

“Uhh..Client.”

 

Donghae paced towards Jessica and gave her a light kiss on her forehead, proving that no matter what Eunseo set him up to, Jessica was still the one he loved. “Hi—” She shortly replied and faced both of them, “Are you guys discussing about something important? Did Jaiden and I bother both of you?” She asked innocently; she’s not a client.

 

“Nothing actually—” he responded.

 

Jessica tilted her head and saw the lunch box that was located on the table, “You didn’t tell me that you had lunch. We were planning to have it with you in the newly opened restaurant nearby—” She smiled angelically while running her fingers through his hair. “Guess we have to change it to another day when you’re free—” Jaiden squeezed himself in between them to somehow got attention from both of her parents. This moment, Eunseo was watching it all in her eyes; and obviously she was like an excess person in the room.

 

“Nah—we can still have it now. Anything you like—”

 

Eunseo casually motioned towards them and acted kindly, “I’m so envious of you all—” She eyed on Donghae and back to Jessica, “How I wish I were you—Anyway, I gotta go now.”

 

“So soon?” Jessica questioned.

 

“Yeah—enjoy your family time. See you." She glimpsed at Donghae and he knew what lied underneath that line.

 

Donghae sighed as he heard her saying that; when will I get rid of this woman.

 

His thoughts were interrupted by Jaiden when he attempted to climb on him, wanting for a hug. He bent down his body and carried him up effortlessly; “Are you hungry now naughty?” Jaiden pouted and nodded. Donghae held Jessica’s hand on the other side, “Let’s go. I can’t let two of my precious starve.”

/

The next morning when they had their breakfast served beside the pool; Donghae couldn’t escape from Eunseo’s constant messages that flooded his inbox. Jessica on the other hand wasn’t feeling well ever since she got up. Running nose and slight headache caused her to be uncomfortable. “This headache annoys me—” She whined, but Donghae was so concentrate that he didn’t realize that she was talking to him. “Busy huh?” He heard Jessica asked when replying his texts.

 

“It’s like you’ve been sticking to your phone since last night.” She placed down her glass of juice and leaned back on the chair. She wasn’t looking that mad though as she understood his situations sometimes; but he could tell she sounded not that happy as her usual self. Donghae put his phone aside before making a response, “Uhh—yeah. It’ll be over though. Til then I’ll spend more time with you and Jaiden.”

 

“The girls would be joining us for dinner tonight since it’s a weekend and they’ve got free time—You—”

 

“I’m sorry I can’t make it—I’ve got to meet somebody up.” He interrupted. He could have cancelled the ‘date’ with that controlling woman Eunseo, but he knew he didn’t have a choice.

 

“Oh..who?” She asked, realizing that he was looking at his phone as it began to vibrate.

 

Without excusing himself, he walked a several steps away from her to answer his phone. As if she wasn’t allowed to listen to the conversation. Son Eunseo. “Why aren’t you replying me?”

 

“I’m having breakfast.”

 

“Just want to remind you that we're meeting up at 7. Don't be late."

 

"I get it.Can you at least give me some moment to peacefully finish off my breakfast?” Donghae answered in full annoyance.

 

“Is it that private that I couldn’t listen?” Jessica’s sudden appearance behind him as he turned back astounded him. “Talking to another girl huh?” She joked, with a little sarcasm for sure. His expression had added more confusion to her; like she had really pointed out the fact. “No—it’s not like that.”

 

“Why are you so anxious about it?” She paused, “Anyway. I’m having a photo shoot by 11 so I got to go now.”

 

“Photo—photo shoot?”

 

“Yeah; I remember I’ve mentioned to you yesterday when we were having lunch together with Jaiden. Obviously you didn’t take that in mind.” She faked a smile before walking to another direction; “Have a nice day; see you around tonight.” Is it just me, or you’re really hiding something, Hae?