Be Mine.

Back To December.

Donghae and Jessica were strolling casually down the street in Paris that night, their hands never let go of each other’s. The sky was a dark and cloudless ocean of midnight blues and twinkling whites and yellows. Advertisements, signs, and posters hung from almost every building in a dazzling array of colours. The night air hung with scents of street vendors, restaurants, and tiny parks.

 

“Do you feel like eating?” asked Donghae, causing Jessica to turn her head around as she was staring and been amazed by the architectures.

 

“Na-ah—” she pouted. “Wae? You’re hungry?”

 

Donghae cleared his throat and glanced at her, “Ani—just—yes I am.” He finally admitted.

 

“Hmm—let’s see—but is there any restaurant or café here?” she put one of her fingers on her lower lips and surveyed the surroundings. “I don’t see any—”

 

“I saw there’s one over there. Come with me—” said Donghae while dragging Jessica foreword.

Almost every street corner in central Paris has a tiny bistro or café. And wasn’t unusual to find an entire side street lined with small restaurants. But for Jessica, her eyes were only fixed at those Sales word from shop to shop. The air was filled with the aroma of the coffee, the French cuisine.

They were seated on the pathway of the street, with streetlights everywhere, and several couples beside their table. Parisians were walking at a slow pace, unhurriedly.

 

“It’s great isn’t it?” asked Donghae, sipping a mouth of cappuccino and his upper lips. “It’s great that there’s no any paparazzi around.”

 

“Neh—” Jessica silently nodded. “Hae—”

 

“Yeah?”

 

“I’m sorry if my occupation has caused quite a problem for you—appearing on the covers of those useless gossips’s magazine—I’m sorry about that.” Jessica looked down the ground, studying her own fingers than keeping Donghae in sight.

 

Donghae examined her before replying back, “What’s wrong my princess?” He lifted her chin up, “I didn’t even blame you—” he grinned thoughtlessly. He walked up to the seat beside Jessica and situated his arm on her shoulder. He pulled her closer and whispered, “Lee Donghae will screw them if they write any untrue statements—So don’t you worry—okay?”

 

She was thankful that her boyfriend was always that understanding. That gentle to her. Only her.

 

“I can see our future—” added Donghae. “Both of us.” He said suddenly.

 

“What?”

 

“Don’t look at me with that face with a big question mark on.” He giggled. “You didn’t hear it wrong—I said I see the future with you and I in it.”

 

“How?” she asked. “Like you have the ability to see the future?” She answered sharply with a sarcastic tone.

 

“I’ll tell you what I see. So here it goes—Jessica Jung will be a great supportive wife of Mr. Lee Donghae. And she’ll also be a—” He slanted his head and stared at Jessica, “A good mom to my kids.” He said with a big warm smile, giving hints to her. She looked away with both her blush cheeks, grinning briefly.

 

“Wae? You don’t want to be my wife?” he asked.

 

“Are you proposing to me? If it is—that’s so unromantic.” laughed Jessica.

 

“Of—” his words couldn’t be continued as they were interrupted by the waitress. “Enjoy your dinner, sir.”

 

“Yah of—” this time, his words cut off by Jessica. Aish.

 

“Eat your food.” She answered and pointed at the dishes, “Aren’t you hungry?”

 

“Yah Jung Jessica. Why are you such a pabo? Don’t you get my hints?” thought Donghae in his mind. “Fine. You’ll get what I really mean later.”

 

 /

 

After the dinner, they took a walk across numerous streets until they reached the Eiffel Tower. Bunches of tourists were there for sight-seeing, making different poses for the cameras. The well-known tower looked glamorous with the fantastic illuminating lights.

 

“It’s beautiful—” said Jessica.

 

“You’ve never been here before?” asked Donghae.

 

“Uhh—since I was a kid? But that was a long time ago so I don’t really have many memories related to it—”

 

“Hmm—” Donghae gripped on Jessica’s hand tighter as he led her to some-kind-of-stranger beside them.

 

“Hey—do you speak English?” he asked.

 

“Yes, anything that I can help you?” the tourist answered.

 

“What are you doing?” Jessica , “You are—”

 

“Would you mind to help both of us to take a picture?” he requested.

 

“Sure—”

 

“Look at the camera please—” the elder man asked while focusing on the camera’s screen. He lowered it down and looked at Jessica with his eagle eyes, “Miss, you aren’t smiling—”

 

Donghae smirked when he heard it. “Heard him? Miss, you aren’t smiling—” he teased. Just as Jessica wanted to argue back, Donghae gave her a smooch on her lips.

 

*Snap*

 

“Look—with my assist, the picture turns out to be great, isn’t it?” said Donghae proudly. He smiled widely when he glared at his screen, setting the newly-taken picture as his phone’s wallpaper.

 

“But it wouldn’t be perfect without me.” answered Jessica.

 

He remained quiet for a moment, staring into her eyes diligently. “You want me to do something that’s considered quite crazy, right here?”

 

“What thing?”

 

He cupped her right face shortly, and then retraced his hand back. He started taking steps backwards, face still facing at Jessica. “Something you’ll know later—are you excited?” His voice was getting softer as the distance between them was increasing. Finally, he stopped at the point that was approximately 50 steps away from her.

 

“Come back!” said Jessica with a laugh. “Quick!”

 

Donghae ignored her words. He took a breath and cleared his throat. “Jung Jessica!” he yelled.

 

“Neh?” both of them were using screams to communicate. Well, that’s pretty crazy. She thought. “Neh?” she repeated.

 

“Be my wife!” he shouted. “You hear me? Be my wife!” his voice was loud enough that he attracted some of the tourists. “I love you! And I want you to be completely mine!”

 

Jessica stood still, completely stunned at what she just heard. She saw Donghae motioning towards her, in a short time; he knelt in front of her and opened up a small box. The diamond shone. “It’s not a ring that full of diamonds—you’ve told me that you like rings that are simple—I always remember that. But if you don’t like it, I can buy you whatever accessories that you like in the future—But now—I just want this ring,” he gently pulled out the ring, and held on Jessica’s hand, “To be fixed on your finger—” He sniffed and smiled shyly. “Jung Jessica, will you marry me?”

 

Jessica smirked at his sincerity and nodded. In a quick speed, Donghae helped Jessica to wear the ring on. By then, he was already close enough to reach for the loops on her jeans, kissing her in front of the small crowd that had been applauding. The people slowly faded, leaving both of them in the sweet atmosphere that shouldn’t be ruined. Now, the stars in the sky were sparkling like the diamond on Jessica’s finger. You make the movie scene come true, Hae.

 

/

 

“I’ll be staying in the room opposite yours—feel free to come into my arms if you feel bored at night.” joked Donghae.

 

“Yah—you ert guy. Don’t worry, I won’t.”

 

Donghae leaned towards her and mumbled, “You won’t? Maybe for now—but soon, you’ll always be in my arms every night.”

 

Jessica pushed him slightly, “Aish—”

 

“Sleep well, okay?” said Donghae. “Love you—”

 

/

 

The other six girls went to YoonYulSic’s room after bath. Although it was past midnight, they would still grab chances to have a girls’ night talk.

 

Sooyoung lay on their bed and pulled Jessica’s hand closer to her. She examined it with the girls; most of them were congratulating Jessica, hugging her and spazzing over the incident. “Yah—I thought we already came to a point that I’m going to be the first one who gets married!” snapped Sooyoung.

 

“Sooyoung ah—” Hyoyeon patted her arm and tidied her shirt, “You know—you have to find a mate first before you get married—” Hyoyeon’s words led the girls into laughter.

 

“Yah Kim Hyoyeon!”