Follow Me.

Back To December.

Within a week, Jessica forced herself to be back to her own routine, no more distractions of any guy. “No more a single thought of Hae oppa!” She kept reminding herself no matter what she did. Bathing, eating, practicing, everything. And whenever she murmured, the members who were as close as family to her, knew exactly what was she thinking, or even feeling. She still had that space for Donghae in her heart.

 

“Jessica! Stop acting like that, it’s scary!” yelled Sooyoung across the table in their practice room.

 

“What?” the blur Jessica was still out of zone.

 

“She meant, stop murmuring to yourself.” Hyoyeon who was dancing, interrupted their conversation.

 

“Yah!” screamed Jessica. “I didn’t!”

 

“Yeah you’re right, you didn’t.” Yuri added; she gave Sooyoung her eye contacts and after a while, the duo started off their acting skills with charm. “No more a single thought of Hae oppa! No more!” They ended their imitation of Jessica with a great laugh along with others.

 

“Stop making fun of me!”

 

“But seriously Sica—you’re still thinking of him, aren’t you?” asked Sunny.

 

Jessica paused, and glare at the girls with blank expression. “I don’t know—” she let down her drinking bottle, and looked up again, “There’s always that one person you can’t permanently be mad at. Occasionally, they make you go insane but somehow, they have such a strong gravitational pull on you that it instantly draws you right back to them.”

 

“That’s complicated.” answered Tiffany.

 

“I read that from a book anyway. It somehow is meaningful.”

 

“So what about Jiyong oppa? Since you guys went out last night, didn’t he ask anything about it?” asked Yoona with curiosity.

 

“Honestly—he didn’t. Not at all.”

 

“Everything is mucked up—Good luck Jessie—” replied Tiffany.

 

“Thanks.” sighed Jessica.

 

-Flashback-

 

After a date with GD last night, exhausted and confused Jessica sat on her bad with her head buried between her knees. Like usual, everything started to flood her mind. She hated the fact that she kept on thinking about Donghae throughout the date. She felt unfaithful. She patted her knees and walked towards the corner and took the dusty big box under the table. Since she dated with GD one month ago, she never took it out, nor glanced at it.

 

She put the necklace that Donghae gifted, on her hand and stared at it blankly. Just as she wanted to put it back, she noticed the necklace was open (it was a small lock) and something small rolled out from it. “I don’t even know it could even be opened—” She said to herself in dismay. Soon, she found a tiny, rolled, already-brownish-yellow-paper.

 

Lee Donghae loves Jessica Jung, always.

 

The words were very little that Jessica had to narrow her eyes to read the sentence. As soon as she finished reading it, the paper was stained by her drops of tears.

 

“Why do you have to mess up my everything, Lee Donghae—”

 

-End of Flashback-

 

/

 

-Meeting Room-

 

“We decide to—”

 

When others were giving their opinions on the meeting, Sungmin, who sat beside Donghae was paying attention while Donghae wasn’t. He took a sip of coffee and whispered into Sungmin’s ear. “Where’s your car key?”

 

“What?”

 

“Car key!”

 

“Here—why do you need it?”

 

“Thanks bro.” He punched his chest playfully. “Handle this meeting, my heart’s with you.” He gave Sungmin the cheekiest wink.

 

“Hae!”

 

/

 

“You’ll still be mine, Jessica Jung. I ain’t giving up like that.” said Donghae while he’s on the way to SM Entertainment. “I ain’t.” He felt like he was full of confidence, just like how he started to woo Jessica when they were in high school. “Let’s start over.”

 

/

 

-SNSD’s Practice Room-

 

“Now what? What are we going to do next?” Yuri jumped excitedly and joined her friends as soon as she put another shirt on in the restroom. The girls were all in their casual clothes right after they finished their practice.

 

“Home.” Jessica answered coldly.

 

“Oh come on—” Yuri showed her aegyo face and her pout. “We should at least go shopping—or anything.”

 

“Ya unnie—don’t you wanna join us? It’ll be fun!” added Seohyun.

 

“Ughh—” Jessica was still unsure about her decisions. Directly after she put her things all back into her bag, the girls were already dragging her out of the room, where they bumped into the SHINee boys.

 

“Where are you guys going?” asked Key.

 

“Yah—it’s not your business.” answered Sooyoung impatiently as he blocked her way.

 

“I’m just asking what! You impolite girl!”

 

“You!”

 

“Stop arguing—” advised Yuri when she saw the always-happening-scene. Key and Sooyoung would fight whenever they met each other. “Where are you guys going then?”

 

“No idea—” answered Minho.

 

“What about joining us?” Jessica turned her attention to Jonghyun. “Since we haven’t talked in a while—”

 

“You miss me huh, Sica?” he asked with a mischievous smirk. As expected, he got Jessica’s hit as a response.

 

“Not. At. All.”

 

“Arasso—Let’s go! Fun!”

 

/

 

“So Jessica, whose car are you following? Mine or Sunny’s?” asked Taeyeon.

 

“Mine.” Donghae’s sudden voice caused wonder of the girls. The guys who never met him before stared at him with astonish expression.

 

“Oppa—” the girls artlessly greeted.

 

“What are you doing here?” Jessica asked him coolly. “I thought I’ve told you that—”

 

“What have you told me? I’ve forgotten all—” he cheekily pretended nothing happened before between both of them. “I only know that you gotta follow me now—” He then extended his hand and grabbed Jessica’s wrist.

 

“Let go of me! What are you doing now?!” yelled Jessica.

 

“Didn’t you hear that? She asked you to let go off her.” said Jonghyun, trying to shove Donghae’s hand away hard, but he wasn’t letting go.

 

“Who are you?” he looked at him with the heinous glare.

 

“Jonghyun ah—don’t interrupt noona’s thing—” Minho held him back in case they really fought against each other.

 

“Let’s go—” said Donghae.

 

“Yah!”

 

The girls could only see them walking further and further; they knew they couldn’t help anything, nor say anything to stop Donghae. However, they were sure that he wasn’t going to hurt her.

 

“Jessica’s being brought away—why aren’t you guys helping?” asked Jonghyun again.

 

“He won’t hurt her—he’s her—ex.” answered Tiffany.

 

Ex?

 

“Get in the car already Jong!” screamed Key.