The Beginning.

Back To December.

In front of the mirror, stood a average-height slim girl with fashionable clothes on. Leopard prints, leggings, accessories, with long brunette hair. She slowly took up her comb, and trying to straighten the soft curls up. As she was combing, a scene flashed through her mind. The scene that always does.

 

/

 

“Where are you bringing sister to, mom?” cried a little girl, hands still holding a lollipop given by her mom hours ago.

 

The woman squatted down, with tears on her eyes and the unwillingness to leave her eldest daughter alone. She patted the little girl, brushed her fringe, and wiped her tears away with her right hand.

 

“Jess—you gotta stay stronger and listen to dad okay?” She asked.

 

“Unless you bring me along too! Why are there many bags beside you?” the innocent kid pointed to the luggage at the corner.

 

“My little girl—” She pulled the girl towards her and kissed her forehead, almost aggressively, not wanting to let go, but she had to. “I love you Jessie—remember that.” And so, the woman who was carrying her baby, picked up the luggage and walked out of the door, not even turning back.

 

“Mom!” as the girl tried to run towards her mom, she felt that her little wrist was grabbed by someone, she turned around.

 

“Dad—where’s mom going?” She fell into his arms as he hugged her tightly.

 

/

 

Realizing that it was almost late for school, she grabbed her branded bag on her make-up table and rushed down. She tried to creep through the dining room when she saw her dad having breakfast with another woman.

 

“Jessica! Come in.” said the man with a hoarse voice.

 

“Dad! I’m almost late for school! I gotta go!”

 

“I said, come in.” demanded the man, with a serious tone.

 

“Anything?” was what Jessica asked once she stepped into the dining room with almost none expression.

 

“Have some breakfast before you go to school. Aunt Nicole make you some ham sandwiches, your favorite, aren’t they?”

 

“No thanks. Maid had prepared me some milk this morning.” She answered coldly.

 

The woman stood up and walked towards Jessica, holding her shoulder, she kindly asked “Don’t starve yourself—go ahead and try some—”

 

Jessica shoved her hands away rudely, “I said I’m not hungry—” she turned around and wanted to leave the room immediately.

 

“Is this the way you should treat Aunt Nicole? She’d been caring for you since you’re little! Looking after you and everything—”

 

“David—it’s okay. Jessie is just—” the woman spoke up.

 

“Don’t call me Jessie! Don’t ever call me Jessie! You’re not allowed to!” Jessica yelled.

 

“Jessica! You’ve been too over, apologize, NOW!” the man waved his left hand up to the air and continued, “I said now!”

 

“Why should I? Wasn’t she the one who broke our family? And you’re the one who broke our family too!” Jessica screamed back.

 

*Slap*

 

Because of Jessica’s sensitive skin, the red-palmed-mark was clearly seen on her cheeks only after seconds. Tears slowly formed in her eyes, and she let them fell silently.

 

“You’re the one dad! You caused all this!” She stormed off and ran towards the main gate.

 

“Jessica!”

 

/

 

It’s the last year of high school, and Jessica was allowed to drive. Her dad just bought her a red Audi R8 which she liked. She always got what she wanted, since her dad seldom accompanied her, he could only buy whatever she wanted, to show her love. But that wasn’t what Jessica wished for. He never knew what I really wanted. She often said it to herself.

 

Class—went well. At least for Jessica. During the unimportant class which she thought she was excellent at it, like English, she just slept throughout the class. She didn’t even bother to listen what was the teacher teaching, as she was raised in San Francisco until the middle of high school, she could easily understand and catch up although she didn’t pay any attention.

 

During the recess, a bunch of girls, specifically, 9 girls, walked to the canteen and caught attention of everybody. They always did. With pretty faces and glamorous bodies, who would take their eyes off them?

 

“Who are they? Them—” He pointed to the girls.

“Them?” Kyuhyun glared at the position he pointed and answered.

 

“Oh—the popular girls. Who’ve got bunch of boys who like them. Well, including me.”

 

Donghae hesitated. “I never saw them before, though.”

 

“Dude. This is the very first time you’re at the canteen. Right here. The first time, for goodness sake. Can’t blame you though—you’re super rich, reached school late, I mean always, and left the classes early. And have a weird habit, like to sleep during recess time and refused to get some food at the canteen instead. Are you on diet or something?” Kyuhyun said sarcastically.

 

“Yah—” Donghae yelled. “Enough. Now, make an introduction for me.”

 

“What introduction?”

 

“The girls!” he pointed again. The girls were taking their seat and talking like endlessly. He then noticed a girl who didn’t seem to join the conversation, as she seemed studying the food, or spacing out?

 

“Well—the girl with an ahjumma laugh is Taeyeon—as you can hear it right now from here. The girls beside her are Sunny, who has the adorable smile and famous aegyo here, Yuri, known as the iest girl out of them, Yoona, the girl who’s the sweetest, and Sooyoung, the tallest girl among them. Well, on the right side, there’s Hyoyeon, she’s great at dancing, I must admit it. I’d seen her performance once, that was incredibly awesome. Next, is Tiffany—” Kyuhyun grabbed a drink before continuing “she’s angelic. I love it when she smiles. And lastly, the girl who’s now reading books, is Seohyun—”

 

“Why are you smiling with teeth out now? That’s just so creepy!” Donghae showed his disgusted face.

 

“That’s the girl I love.” Kyuhyun explained.

 

Donghae rolled his eyes. “What about the girl? Who’s wearing a black cardigan and a pair of spectacles?”

 

“Oh—she’s the well-known ice-princess. Everyone calls her that. You’re seriously outdated, man.”

 

“Ice-princess? She doesn’t look like one. Look, she’s even laughing now.”

 

Kyuhyun glanced, and turned his head back to Donghae again, “Only when she’s with the other eight girls.” He then continued having his lunch, as if he’d starved for months, because he even snatched over Donghae’s spaghetti and finished it up.

 

Interesting. Donghae thought, as his eyes still fixing at the girl, then, turned his attention to the ice-blended chocolate that he bought minutes ago.

 

 “Oh my gosh. The hottest guy at school who’s studying next to our class?” Sunny started. “Oh my gosh. I can’t believe that he’s sitting there!”

 

“I thought he never left the class.” Hyoyeon interrupted.

 

Jessica took a quick glance over. She didn’t show much interest.

 

“Why didn’t I see him before?” Jessica stated the point.

 

“My girl—you stayed in class almost always, you remember that?” Yuri answered. “You’re exactly like him.”

 

“Yah! Don’t compare me to him!”

 

Watching Jessica’s angry face with a cute pout on her face, the girls laughed. “Arraso arraso!” Yuri apologized.

 

“Are you guys going to the vocal training this afternoon?” Taeyeon asked.

 

“Yes of course—You guys can follow me.” Jessica offered. “I drove here today.”