Friends?

Bittersweet.

Edited 


You woke up and realised you fell asleep, you never even realised, you checked your phone screen and saw Bang Yong Guk's facebook message asking if you were awake since you didnt reply. Feeling  bad you hurridely wrote an apology and explained that you fell asleep. Sighing, you roughly drop your head back on the bed. You couldn't believe you fell asleep, you smied into the pillow, realising how good you slept.

------

Tired from all the basketball you played with your friends after school, you left the gates with happiness. It was the last day and you now get study leave in order to study for your exams with your teachers. You enthusiastically came home from school, on your curfew of course. It was quite sad you had to go home so early when everyone else was having alot of fun but you had overprotective parents who worry about you. Although you understood their concern, it wasnt like you were the weakest of girls, you playfighted with the males in your school all the time. You sighed at the reoccurring thought and greeted your parents and then fell into the solitude of your room. Grabbing the laptop you did what you do everyday. You read some manga while checking facebook occasionally. Your eyes noticed jonghyun was online again... You really wanted to talk to him, even though you knew it wasnt a good idea, that the conversation would end quickly and you'd feel hurt, yet you did it anyway...

  • Helllooo Jongie xD
  • Hi
  • How are you? :3
  • I'm good. My backs hurting.
  • Haha you're getting old :)
  • K.
  • What did I tell you about k, its rude -_____-
  • Well why are you laughing, its not funny.
  • Okay okay, yeesh that was clearly a joke, sorry. Better?
  • No.
  • No?
  • Don't worry about me, i'm ok.
  • I never said I was worrying?
  • K.
  • Urgh. Why can I never have a normal conversation with you. I give up.
  • K. I give up too.
  • Jonghyun is offline.

And that was it, what a jerk, did it even last a minute? You used to talk for hours, feeling  tears forming, you close your eyes trying to shake away the tears with your head until you heard another message. You open your eyes abruptly thinking it was jonghyun, only to find it was Yong Guk. You opened it regardless to find him laughing and continuing yesterdays conversation with a "It's alright, it seems not only do you have the body of a child, you get tired like one too." And just like that your mood dramatically improved somewhere between the playful banter with Bang. During the conversation, he asked you to come meet him, he said that he couldnt let your friendship be like yours and Zelos. Bang said that you have to be able to talk to him face to face too, feeling reluctant and scared you hesitated. Why do you need to go on see Zelo's friend you though?  However you didnt want this good feeling you had to go away, you needed this distraction and so you agreed.

-------

You felt scared, not really knowing why, but you had this bad feeling about him. That's really horrible right? Because he did nothing but make you laugh and make you feel better and yet why was there this disgusting feeling you had inside of  you? Brushing it off, you walked towards where you were instructed to meet him, the basketball court in a park near your school. You loved basketball, it was your favourite sport, it's nice to just relieve stress even if you're not that good.  You didn't come here much anymore, Jonghyun lives around here and you were always so scared of seeing him as it was awkward enough to be ignored in school. You remembered how you used to play basketball with him, with the boy you once had feelings for. Breaking out of your thoughts, you arrived thinking about how much you really wanted to play right now and at the same time wondering where Bang was since he promised you that he lived close and you wouldn't have to wait.

"Boo" You heard from behind you making you squeal. You turned around to be greeted by this tall beautiful being. The guy laughed at your reaction, bending over then relaxing and giving you a big gummy smile. You felt your heart flutter. What the hell? "Why are you looking at me like that little girl, you're acting like you weren't expecting someone" Bang said. Although all you really heard was the melody of his deep voice. So perfect. Why didn't you realise this when he was on the bike? You mentally slapped yourself for not paying attention. You stuttered and told him to "shut up", forcing your gaze to the floor, feeling the tempreture of your cheeks rise. Talking to normal boys was hard enough, pretty boys were something you didn't want to deal with. "I didn't think you wouldn't actually look at me, this might be harder then I thought... Who squeals like that anyway? don't normal people scream" You heard him laugh again while talking to himself and walking ahead away from you. It was just something you did since you don't really scream, you hurriedly walked to catch up to him, telling him to shut it while asking him what he meant by the first part. "Zelo gave me some pointers from his manual of how to deal with you. I think it's stupid though" He says from infront of you, not looking back. You laughed slightly, it sounded like something Zelo would do, but why would Bang need pointers, why was this boy talking to you in the first place you started to wonder while looking at him. You take in his build, his height, his amazing american styled dress sense. You felt all flustered from just his smile, God, this was going to be a long day.

Confused and embarressed, gaze still to the floor. You found yourself walking next to him around the park, slowly. Talking about nothing in particular but the conversation just flowed just like yesterday night. He told you more about himself, told you stories that had small inputs of conversation from you. Occassionally, you could feel his eyes on you while he talked, feeling embarrassed you finally let out a "Can you please stop looking at me" while never once looking at him.   You were embaressed enough without it. He laughed again, he sounded so beautiful, you didn't think that was possible, you felt your heart rate increase more and cursed yourself for being so timid and shy. "Zelo told me not to but to be honest it's hard. I really just want to look at you. How is this even a conversation"  He suddenly stopped and asked you. He sounded serious like he meant every word, you looked up and met his eyes. Big mistake, as soon as you met his gaze, you were greeted with a teasing look on his face and you imedietly snapped your head back down again, blushing intensly. You slapped his arm and told him to leave you alone while walking away from him and trying to control your insides. He laughed loudly again, exclaiming that you were too cute, warming your heart with more words that you never used to care for. However that smile he continously placed on your face suddenly stopped as you heard people's voices from a distance.

You almost stopped breathing, you could hear Jonghyun and his group of friends, your heart sank in despair.  Looking up, you were faced with them walking towards you, they all looked at you in a weird way while they walked closer and closer to where you were. The cold look you recieved from Jonghyun made you look back down straight away, when was it that you stopped recieving his smile? His friends all had the kind of look on their faces that ment they were talking about you.  "Do you know them" He asked, he sounded weird, like he was mad or something. "Kind of" You replied back in a soft voice. You finally felt them pass by both of you and felt even worse than when you had to face them. You saw Bang look back at the group of boys that just passed you and then he look towards you. Suddenly you felt a arm wrap around your shoulders, you stiffen immediately and stopped walking. You looked up suprised and saw his face was really close to you. You could feel your cheeks grow redder as you felt his breath on you. The black strands of his hair tickling your face, his face serious as his close proximitly forces you to inhale him in, he smelt soo good...

"Right now, You're mine, so could you give me your full attention again otherwise..."  He bent his head down, bringing his mouth towards your ear. "..I don't know what I might do to get it back." He pulled away from you, smiling his gummy smile like nothing ever happened, teasing you like always. But why did he look so serious? Bang walked backwards ahead to wherever you where going with him, smiling gently, leaving you with a heart that raced  as if it were trying to escape out of your chest. Trying to pretend his actions didn't affect you, you walked alongside him again, face gazing the floor once again. You'll never risk looking up at such perfection again, you thought while still intoxicated by his smell.

While you and Bang conversed in your weird ways, you found yourself walking towards the entrance of a mall where you spotted some girls from your school. They all stared at him with their mouths open and fired questions at you, refusing to stop walking due to the drama Yong Guk caused, you walked up the escalators with him. He was causing too much commotion, it was worse since you would never be caught dead with another boy who wasn't someone from your school or basically your friend. Looking back down you  see one girl mouthing "Is he your boyfriend". Is that what everyone thought? Oh god, you panicked feeling your face heat up once again. You might faint today, you sneaked a look at Bang and he looked incredibly amused.

You both chatted away again, well Bang did, you just listened like usual. Walking into the mall, you heard two girls giggle from behind you and murmur "ask him, ask him!". You felt uncomfortable walking next to a pretty boy, you were constantly realising the looks everyone gave him, he ignored them but that wasn't the point. You could feel him look at you again but you ignored it and looked at the floor, consumed with your thoughts. You glanced at him from the corner of your eyes, even his body looked good, how is someone that perfect? His attractiveness was starting to make you nauseous. You started shaking your head trying to get rid of such thoughts while Bang lined up to go buy a milkshake, you waited away from the cue, away from him. You need to relax your brain. You looked up at him as He looked back at you from the end of the cue. He randomlly talked to you while letting a somewhat old woman go infront of him. He randomlly stopped speaking and said "Hey, You're looking at me" While giving you his biggest gummy smile yet. He looked surreal. Realising the fact he pointed out you blushed and said it was fine because he was far away. He looked at you confused but turned around again and waited. After a while Bang took out his phone and wrote something, he faced the screen your way and you read "Damn I should have ordered for her ^__^" You giggled, Bang looked at you as if he was amazed, you blinked at him with confusion. You must be imagining things you thought as you asked "What?". "Nothing" He replied blankly while smiling again. You guys walked out and he tried to walk you home but you forcefully didn't let him, today was weird enough, you left by yourself after giving him a hi5 instead of the hug he was probably expected. He laughed again "Zelo said you wouldn't hug me, it hurts more that its true" you blushed a little and said "I don't hug people". "But you hug him right?" he answered back in aay that made you guilty. You felt slightly sympathetic for some reason, his smile was clearly fake but it was really weird. You brushed it off with a stoic bye and walked away from him. You found yourself smiling,  you still had fun today.

----------

After arriving home you realised you had a message on facebook, you opened it to see Bang Yong Guk already talking to you again. "It was nice to see you shorty. You look like a cute, small, Pokemon" You smiled, you were growing fond of him already and it was only day 2. You were tired since it was late, so you asked for a  bedtime story that you could fall asleep to. You didn't expect him to actually tell you one...

"Once there was a really short girl, She was pretty and cool but she was captured by a group of 6 evil bunnies that locked her away in a tower with a door handle she could not reach because she was too small. She tried and tried but couldnt reach it, she tried in several ways, running and jumping, kicking the door down. None of them worked, one day a prince walked by hearing her scream. He replied something like What the **** was that. She heard him and cried, she was so excited that tears fell down her dimpled faced. He tried with all his might to open the door but he couldnt because of some sort of force field the bunnies had implanted. He promised her he would try to get her out no matter what as she continued to cry. She said thank you and for many weeks the prince always tried to get her out as they spoke to each other from across the door. Those weeks turned into months, they always spoke everyday throughout all of it. Not sure why they got on so well but they did. To the point where the prince started to get really angry and one day directed all his anger at the door,  punching it, kicking it. Attacking it at full force. The girl started to get scared that he might hurt himself, she pleaded with him to stop from the other side, told him he didn't need to try so hard anymore, that it was fine. However, He didnt stop, she started to beg and scream and ask why he was acting so crazy but he replied. " I'm not acting crazy, i'm going crazy. I cant take this anymore. I need you to be with me. It hurts that I cant feel you nor see your beauty but only hear it. She asked him why he wanted her out so bad and he told her it was because... He loved her. And with those 3 little words. POOF the door opened and they lived happily ever after."

You burst out loud laughing, you couldn't belive this supposed badboy just wrote you something like that, your smile was so wide that it started to hurt. You continously bullied him for writing something so cute. You fell asleep with another grin on your face. It would be nice if  you could get used to this you thought, yet somehow you got a bad feeling about everything again as soon as that thought crossed your mind.